1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland out. Charlton Athletic 16/17.

Discussion in 'football' started by bromley, Jun 6, 2016.

1. bromley

bromley ...isn't as good as Lewisham.

As we have a new manager i'll start a new thread.

Welcome Russell Slade. An experienced man at this level which is welcome after the likes of Fayre but after Wilder turned down the role due to the club refusing to have in writing that he will have control of transfers you have to be concerned.

It seems the same mistakes are being and will be made until this regime as left. God knows how bad this season will be! Sigh.

No season ticket for me this season due to the protest, first time in 20 years will continue to do aways, although there aren't too many good ones in this league! Futures come out soon. Southend in August please.

2. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

very

bring back curbishley

next

3. bromley

This season marks the 10th anniversary of Dowie/Reed/Pardew calamity season and therefore 10 years of wanting Curbishley back.

Time flies when you're having a bad time.:(

Me76 and darryl like this.
  4. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat vote proletaricat democracy

i want a :meh: emoticon

finding it hard to feel anything...

darryl likes this.
  5. bromley

Indeed, so numb to it all.

6. sealion

sealion If you can't dance just nod your head

Good luck with all the shenanigans that's going on.What chance of the owner fucking off?

7. bromley

No idea it took Standard Liege years.

Yesterday Meire claimed that Varney's takeover bid included moving the club to a new ground. He has placed a 48 hour time limit for her to publicly retract that comment or he'll post their entire email conversation! :D

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    sealion likes this.
  8. bromley

24 hours...

9. bromley

Well that wasn't as interesting as I had hope. Varney is currently considering legal action.:confused:

10. bromley

Although we have made some interesting signings. Lee Novak today and Ricky Holmes yesterday!

I wonder when the network signings will come?

11. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

No season ticket for me either, for the first time since 1999, and finding it very hard to give a toss. I live a few minutes' walk from The Valley, so missing matches is going to be weird, but so be it - Roland can fuck off. Will pick a few away days when the fixtures come out, and will be at Dulwich like last year.

That said, Russell Slade seems a good guy and his first two signings seem astute. I fear Roland will fuck him over and he'll be gone by Christmas, but so far, so good.

Indeed...

bromley likes this.
  12. darryl

13. bromley

Cheapest trains I can find to Manchester are £42. :mad:

Three aways I was looking forward to are on Tuesdays. :(

14. bromley

Talking of midweek aways, league cup first round we have Cheltenham, very tempting!

Any Varney is taking legal action! Apologies for the Daily Fail link.

15. Me76

Me76 Not very good lurker

I have renewed my season ticket but am expecting a lonely season in the North stand on my own. I have ordered my protest shirt though: Order your shirt – Covered End Choir

Watching the Russell Slade first interview on Youtube - is that the pitch being reseeded in the background or a covering??

Capture.PNG

16. bromley

It gets relaid each season, something the regime have got right. I can't believe you have bought a season ticket!

17. Me76

I wrestled with it for a long time. It was hard for me but I went with the support the team not the regime option. I know it's not a popular view but I have done it.

Did you get a phonecall re not renewing? I've seen on Charlton Life they did a marketing campaign.

18. bromley

Yes got a call. Told them I wasn't going to renew until the regime had left.:(

Me76 likes this.
  19. ffsear

ffsear Well-Known Member

hahah

20. Me76

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
    bromley likes this.
  21. bromley

3 good signings. I'm suspicious. :hmm:

22. bromley

Cousins and Gudmundsson off. Suspicion justified!

23. BigMoaner

BigMoaner Don't kill the lion

so how have the anoraks done in the closed season? are you hopeful? it's actually as mediocre as its been for a long while. i don't think you'll stay down (matron) for long.

24. bromley

Only had 2 friendlies so far!

25. BigMoaner

i meant signings

26. bromley

Brought 3 in who are very good at this level and got rid of 2 who were more than decent in the championship. Too early to tell but I expect things to get worse. Solly has signed another contract which probably means very little in this day and age!

27. BigMoaner

Great to hear things are still on the downward spiral. Lets hope you have massively infalted wages to deal with and 7k a game. :D

28. darryl

29. bromley

And an additional £3 if you buy 2 hours before kick off! I can definitely see some millwall type 4 figures crowds next season. Duchateley is utterly clueless.

Looks like Burnley have agreed a £1.1m fee for Nick Pope. Disappointing (although sadly expected) as he has a lot of potential and would have excelled in League One IMO. He came in to his own at the end of the season after he gained confidence.

30. darryl

JBG gone too, but hardly a shock.

Letting Pope go is just daft - this should have been this season.

Dulwich friendly in the sun tonight - might take my Roland Out banner.