1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Prince

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by Fingers, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Johnny Canuck3

Johnny Canuck3 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Cheesypoof likes this.
  2. Cheesypoof

Cheesypoof Fuck off Noddy

I dont have much care for this symbol, because myself, like his millions of superfans have always just wanted the great man to get on with the music.

let me say though - while he was being a 'weird symbol' the albums were more orchestral, jazzy and tremendous, especially in the early 90s

bubblesmcgrath likes this.
  3. Cheesypoof

im crying again, forgive me.

4. Cheesypoof

Like all great well known composers, Prince's incredible music will endure for hundreds of years. That is something assured.

5. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

bollocks.

LiamO and Pickman's model like this.
  6. Cheesypoof

7. Cheesypoof

Piano set with Bowies Heroes and much more. As it moves closer to his anniversary.....I feel so sad listening

8. Cheesypoof

Seeing Prince live - he did 21 nights in London around 2007- anyone who had the privilege like me, will say, it was one of the best experiences of their life!

OMG CHECK OUT 6 minutes of GUITAR GENIUS HERE!!!! IDA and Prince!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  9. Cheesypoof

Mozart, i mean Prince, sorry

10. Cheesypoof

Prince Unplugged...as much as MTV could beg...showcases the brilliance of his songs in their raw beauty...

skyscraper101 likes this.
  11. Cheesypoof

Prince's masterpiece 'I feel for you' (written, produced and performed all the instruments) at the age of 21 in 1979. It wasn't a massive hit till Chaka Khan took it onboard in around 1983 and it won Prince his first grammy

12. Cheesypoof

More Prince boring trivia....he won an Oscar for the song Purple Rain in 1984. Here is his speech

13. Cheesypoof

When Prince decided to be a symbol in 1993, he released this horrendous mix. i didnt like this megamix, it kind of belittled what he had done before but maybe he was taking the piss out of himself...he even did an album with himself standing over a grave called COME. Its a jazz masterpiece from 1994 and one of Prince's greatest works. After that, he did another jazzy album with his new band, and it was really great with lots of horns. It was called 'New Power Soul'

14. Cheesypoof

i wish the jazz album Come, were more available to folks. Its a jazz masterpiece from 1994 - there are a few Urbans who have heard it. I think once Prince got into the Jehoviahs witness after this, he was advised not to promote this album but to me, it is a clean, perfect album. Superjazzy beyond belief with falsetto performances that are the best Prince has ever done. Also steady in its accessiibility and general brilliance. Like Kind of Blue by Miles Davis, it is mainly an instrumental jazz album. And many people havent heard it but number two in my all time favourite Prince albums

15. Cheesypoof

The songs from 'Come' are beautiful and spiritual (and it's a deep jazz journey like Kind of Blue) but this is a song they did afterwards

16. Cheesypoof

Prince's cover for Come

Prince_Come.jpg

17. Cheesypoof

You wont hear this masterpiece on youtube. i urge you to try to find it elsewhere.

18. Johnny Vodka

Johnny Vodka The Abominable Scotsman

May have posted this before, but in case not..

bubblesmcgrath and Cheesypoof like this.
  19. Cheesypoof

Anyway, Prince is a total pain but here is a brilliant song he did while hanging around London

20. Cheesypoof

Brilliant, I love it. Thanks x

Johnny Vodka likes this.
  21. Johnny Vodka

Johnny Vodka The Abominable Scotsman

It's great, innit? Easily my favourite version of that song and I'm generally ambivalent about KC.

22. Cheesypoof

For the big fans like me....we adored Sinead O' Connor's iconic version of 'Nothing Compares 2U' but had never heard of a 'Prince' version. Prince of course, wrote the song.

He released his album version with Rosie Gaines on the Hits (2). It is beyond heaven and much better than the original :eek:, if you havent heard it, here is a live version

girasol and Johnny Vodka like this.
  23. Cheesypoof

Admiring Prince's genius is so easy, its scary. When Doves Cry. Utterly astonishing! As usual with Prince, a masterpiece!

24. Cheesypoof

Princes horrible estate wont allow people to check out lots of his old stuff on youtube. Most of the vids have been ripped down

i recommend (after this) checking out Raspberry Beret.

25. Cheesypoof

26. Cheesypoof

Prince interview. He rarely did them, but this is a good one from around 1999.

27. Johnny Canuck3

Johnny Canuck3 Well-Known Member

28. Cheesypoof

Oh, I've met some of these kind of superfans! There is a massive crew of them in London! There are hilarious! :D:thumbs:

29. Cheesypoof

Really nice BBC documentary here

skyscraper101 likes this.
  30. Beats & Pieces

Beats & Pieces Pilate questioned truth. You?

Prince.

Overrated, and of no consequence except for a few records. Discuss.

(Edit: spelling)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    magneze likes this.