RIP David Bowie

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by EastEnder, Jan 11, 2016.

1. killer b

killer b No Hateration, No Holeration. in this Dancery

An ex urb just posted this on Facebook- a record that bowie apparently picked up in warsaw, and should be listened to in conjunction with the track of that name on 'Low

Badgers and blairsh like this.
  2. friedaweed

friedaweed Sitting down for a wee

[​IMG]

Exactly the same mouth.:eek:

Clearly you lot have been duped. He's been alive all this time, leading the Cowboy Junkies. ;) All that sorrow and pain :facepalm::oops:

Badgers likes this.
  3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

This is great:

Badgers likes this.
  4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Love the spoken intro!

Badgers likes this.
  5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Badgers likes this.
  6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Badgers likes this.
  7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Badgers likes this.
  8. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Badgers likes this.
  9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Not entirely successful I fear. Nice idea though.

Badgers likes this.
  10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Must have blown some minds!

Badgers likes this.
  11. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Have been listening to Bowie today. Some footage from Glasto 2000 when I was smashed on lsd right at the front of the massive crowd. Such an impressive artist and human being. I started collecting Bowie vinyl, programmes and memorabilia when I was about 8-10 (80s) after hearing Space Oddity at Thorpe Park when I was a lad :)

Remember when I heard he had died. Was facing Brixton tube and could not breath for a while. Had only seen him live once but he was the only artist that I really obsessed over.

Got to see the artist doing the mural in Brixton and took a seat to watch while I listened to 'The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars' :cool: Watched people walking past and pitied them for not 'knowing' :hmm: Told my boss I had serious things to deal with :)

[​IMG]

Is there Life on Mars?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    D'wards, Sprocket. and editor like this.
  12. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Will the generation below us ever have artists who's music exists past their own deaths?

Music (mainstream at least) has reached a level of Blandular Fever) that I can't fathom. Adele, Coldplay and Ed Sheeran are 'not terrible' but I can't understand how they can fill stadiums?

13. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Got a copy of The Man Who Sold the World for £1 at a car boot sale in Brighton a few years back. I had a copy already but this one was in better nick. Turned out it was signed and had a letter from Bowie to a fan inside :cool:

14. wayward bob

wayward bob i ate all your bees

saw thread in new posts and though not again :( :hmm: :oops: :facepalm:

Badgers likes this.
  15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

You jammy git! Nice one.

D'wards and Badgers like this.
  16. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Was a bonus :D

I have a LOT of Bowie merch and vinyl. Some of the t-shits are really fucking shit :D but I have a lot of his stuff during the 'Germany era' which is fascinating :cool: Also have a 'Bowie' branded harmonica :hmm: but I suspect that was not official merch :D

editor likes this.
  17. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Think that Bowie was the first artist/celebrity who's death really (made me cry in public) shook me up.

The next (and last) one will be David Attenborough.

After these two the rest of the human race are oxygen stealing wankers who we are better off without frankly.

imposs1904 and editor like this.
  18. Don Troooomp

Don Troooomp Condescension and embedded self importance

The guy will never really die because his music will last forever.
    Willy suggested (seriously paraphrased) while ever ears can hear and men can breath, so lives his music, and that gives life to him.
    Bowie isn't dead, just his body stopped working.

19. Sprocket.

Sprocket. Baroudeur...

I wondered where I’d left that!
    :D

SpookyFrank likes this.
  20. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Great article here:

Tony Visconti Counts Down His Favorite Tracks

21. Don Troooomp

Don Troooomp Condescension and embedded self importance

Just in case nobody has seen this, it's a really nice salute to Bowie

22. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Here's an archive curiosity

23. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman It's all good, man

He was a rapist nonce. Why do people celebrate anything about him?

24. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Oh fuck off. Go start a fresh thread full of your fascinating allegations.

D'wards likes this.
  25. Saul Goodman

So you're saying he didn't shag underage girls?

26. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

You said he was a 'rapist nonce'. Who did he rape? Where and when was the court case?

27. Saul Goodman

Do you know what statutory rape is?

28. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

From what I gather, he had sex with one underage groupie who was a well known part of the band scene in the 70s. Quite awful of course and something that he should be rightly be condemned for. Feel free to start a thread about it if you like, but don't you dare fucking tell me that I shouldn't enjoy any of his work.

Don Troooomp likes this.
  29. Saul Goodman

According to Lori Mattix, the night she lost her virginity to Bowie, she was involved in a threesome with another 15 year old girl, Sable Starr.
    Enjoy whatever you like. I didn't say you couldn't. I'm just surprised that people are celebrating a rapist nonce.

30. D'wards

D'wards I'm an excellent driver

Start a "David Bowie is a rapist nonce" thread and leave this one to us who want to celebrate the man.

Stinking up joyful threads with pointless negativity really is the act of a snide.

Really, editor - I know it's not the u75 way but I wish you could delete these posts. This is a thread for us fans to talk about our memories and thoughts about the man.

People pissing all over really is fucking Low, pardon the pun