RIP Dave "Boss" Goodman

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by yardbird, May 14, 2018.

1. yardbird

yardbird Understands love.

My good friend Boss died on 22nd March 2018.
    Boss was the main man at Dingwallss Dancehall and we worked together when I managed the club in the 80's. When we were in our teens we both hung out at The Marquee and The Flamingo but never met. He became the roadie for The Deviants who evolved into The Pink Fairies, the frontman for whom was Mick Farren.
    Boss did the booking for Dingwalls. Blondie, The Pretenders, Etta James and Muddy Waters being just a few stand-outs.
    He was a magic man and a joy to work with.
    Vive Le Rock magazine did a double page obit - respect.
    He was 69 when he went and I'm 70 now, so I guess I'll see him soon.

passenger and Casual Observer like this.
  2. 19sixtysix

19sixtysix Life as viewed from a Gay Gorbals Garret

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like he had a enjoyable innings.

yardbird likes this.
  3. yardbird

yardbird Understands love.

Attached Files:

• Boss.pdf
      File size:
      410.6 KB
      Views:
  4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I think I remember the name - I played Dingwalls a few times in the 80s. Sounds like he had a life full of fun!

yardbird likes this.
  5. Casual Observer

Casual Observer binoculars

Sorry to hear that he's died but, to be honest, I assumed he'd died a few years ago after his stroke and am surprised that he outlived the great Mick Farren. Not to be confused with Dave Goodman, the Sex Pistols soundman and bootlegger of a few early gigs, a man of similar vintage to Boss who definitely did die a few years ago.