RIP Cranberries lead singer Dolores O'Riordan, aged 46

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by editor, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

With an unexpected death they have to make a decision about it being suspicious or not, and if it is not they are still required to contact a coroner to carry out an investigation to establish the cause of death.

According to .gov.uk "The coroner may ask for a post-mortem to be performed. The coroner will hold an inquest in cases where death appeared unnatural, unexplained or due to violence or an accident"

2. bubblesmcgrath

bubblesmcgrath Well-Known Member

I'll remember her as a survivor.
    She was brilliant in every way.
    Talented singer...Talented song writer...lovely person...shy and quiet. ..
    She was fucked over by the music industry...and by others...others caused her pain.
    Others.
    Dolores was a survivor and a fighter...
    She was lovely.

Remember her for her music her talent and her life.

Libertad and Idris2002 like this.
  3. weltweit

weltweit Well-Known Member

I am not so good at remembering which band produced which songs but listening to the tracks linked to in this thread I remember them all, she had a very evocative and striking voice, it is very sad that she has passed away so young and with children too.

4. billy_bob

billy_bob supercalifragilistic-borussiamönchengladbach

Just been reading that she was currently in a band, D.A.R.K., which also included Andy Rourke.

I can't say that I was a huge fan, but like others have said too, the Cranberries' music is so inextricable from a fairly formative time in my life in the early-to-mid 90s that it's still like a little part of the past has gone dark.

SpookyFrank, mwgdrwg and Reiabuzz like this.
  5. ATOMIC SUPLEX

ATOMIC SUPLEX Member Since: 1985 Post Count: 3

I noticed HMV were milking it today with a Cranberries display and playing loads of Cranberries on a semi loop.

6. PippinTook

PippinTook Well-Known Member

MrSki likes this.