1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rio Ferdinand's £10m bid to save Dulwich Hamlet

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Fingers, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

2. YTC

YTC Human Man

3. YTC

YTC Human Man

4. clog

clog have that you c

<3 Rio
    Lucy Fur and Blitzwalker like this.
  5. YTC

YTC Human Man

6. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

I heard Rio tried to buy the club?
  7. YTC

YTC Human Man

Very glad to hear the news has made it's way that far up lordship lane!
    Pink Panther likes this.
  8. tommers

tommers Yourdisco needs you

Got rejected though apparently.
  9. Fingers

10. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

thanks for the clarification.
    EDC and YTC like this.
  11. YTC

YTC Human Man

it's in the S*n - And they call Gavin 'Gavin Rees'

Top, Top stuff.
    GregDHFC, Lucy Fur and Fingers like this.
  12. YTC

YTC Human Man

13. YTC

YTC Human Man

14. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

There was a video clip shared somewhere on Facebook yesterday of President Trump addressing an audience of big business representatives in which he appealed for support for his ridiculous "guns for schoolteachers" initiative. The first person who supported him from the floor was from Meadow, and Trump namechecked them with the comment "Meadow you're beautiful!" I can't find it now, but given the sheer antipathy towards Trump from the U.K. media and people, surely anything that can link Meadow with Trump whilst emphasising that they are threatening the future of our club is something we can exploit?
    clog likes this.
  15. YTC

YTC Human Man

we sure they were from Meadow Partners LLP?
    pompeydunc likes this.
  16. Fingers

It was posted on the Moral victory but whoever posted it has removed their own post.
  17. GregDHFC

GregDHFC Well-Known Member

pompeydunc, darryl and clog like this.
  18. YTC

YTC Human Man

The thing is, when he wades in, the money listen. He controls one of their most fertile investment options. London Property.
    Pink Panther likes this.
  19. Fingers

I think the solution did present itself on 12 December but Meadow told him to fuck off.
  20. Pink Panther

Meadow are obnoxious unethical bullies. They probably think that by taking that stance they'll get what they want. Maybe that approach works in the US? Ultimately I don't think it will make them very popular with Londoners. I'd like to think bad publicity over their treatment of our club will damage their chances of gaining planning permission for other projects. I'd like to think we can help force them out of London and ruin their whole UK operation.
    Lucy Fur, editor, pompeydunc and 2 others like this.
  21. the 12th man

the 12th man Well-Known Member

Meadow projects in London since Vile Bennison started this pile of shit organisation.......nil FUCKING NIL!
    Pink Panther likes this.
  22. Bugpowder Dust

Bugpowder Dust Well-Known Member

What is actually known about Meadow? I've lost track of the all the characters and who is based where
  23. Pink Panther

Good. I'd like to think we can personally ruin that bastard's career. I wouldn't mind so much if he just doesn't like football, but I'm told he has a private box at Chelsea yet he's still trying to strangle our vibrant big little club for greed and profit.
    pompeydunc likes this.
  24. billbond

billbond Well-Known Member

Should do what millwall fans did on the hof site, when they were threatened
    Its funny many pple think they are all thick , yet two of the 3 were millionaires and are no mugs
    They got lots of Dirt on them Dodgy bank accounts offshore etc from investors of the company
    Discredited a few names with all sorts, put it up on twitter and other outlets
    These people play dirty and it seems you have to do the same
    As for khan and few of his fan club on here it seems
    Let it be known that he was the one who has messed up Cray wands future turning down their planning application after it was approved the first time
  25. billbond

billbond Well-Known Member

Dulwich Hamlet FC‏Verified account @DulwichHamletFC
    In the meantime, after we were told we’d receive all bar profits from match days, we’ve been told we won’t be getting a penny. (Est. £35-50K) We feel that this decision has been made purely to make our lives difficult. We are surviving on gates and donations alone.

What about Boycotting the Bar ?
    If no takings go to the football club how about making it be known more vocally
    Come on youve helped refugee causes , Gay rights, cinema staff etc and all this other stuff
    Maybe time to help yourself nearer home
  26. Roger D

Roger D Well-Known Member

I no longer live in London and have zero opinion who should be Mayor, it's none of my business. However Sadiq Khan has an electoral mandate to block development on Metropolitan Open Land. From memory the Cray development was on MOL. In the very unlikely position Southwark had approved the Meadow scheme I suspect that he probably would have called that in and rejected it too given it was built partially on MOL.

Personally I'm glad to see a politician honour their promises to the electorate. The developers are aware of his electoral mandate and should work around it.

The London electorate will have chance to remove that electoral mandate further down the line if they disagree with it.
  27. Roger D

Roger D Well-Known Member

iamwithnail likes this.
  28. NPDHFC

Looking after DHFC *and* helping out the causes you’ve quoted are not mutually exclusive last time I checked. We can do both.
    Lucy Fur, GregDHFC and Pink Panther like this.
  29. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

Many people come to the game to drink and watch the football. Many are day trippers and may not come to many games but their entry is the only income the club will get. .... widespread promotion of boycotting the bar may effect attendances and so the ability of the club to pay the bills. They have us over a barrel with this, I'm leaving it to the individual to make their choice to use the bar or not.

By doing all this 'gay rights' (or LGBT History Month to everyone else) stuff is helping ourselves ... the awareness of the club / publicity it's achieved brings in the crowds we now get, without these crowds I fear we may have been on the brink a long time ago.

Keep doing what we are doing should be the message
    editor and Pink Panther like this.
  30. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

So they want £13mill is that the sticking issue?