Reserves/awards

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Champion_hill, May 2, 2014.

1. Champion_hill

Champion_hill Well-Known Member

Don't mind for pre match. Either the fox or straight to the club house? 6:30 works for me though. Although if I get fed up of working I may get there sooner.

2. vornstyle76

vornstyle76 Vorn Chic Vorn Genre

I hope and trust this is because you'll stick your fist through the monitor and march out screaming, "Communism Is Inevitable!!" rather than something more prosaic like flexi-time.

Champion_hill likes this.
  3. Champion_hill

I fucked up and only just finished. But on Monday that fucking monitor is gonna get what's coming to it communism style.

pompeydunc likes this.
  4. Balbi

Balbi Hey, Dean Yager!

Fox then? Just leaving Tulse Hill.

5. Scutta

Scutta Live Fast Die Bizarre

at the ground now

6. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Great Evening at Champion Hill
    Dulwich Hamlet V Hanwell

Hanwell turned up late and were met with cries of are you Tooting in disguise as they play in black and white stripes (no not Newcastle United B - or even A)

A number of the Dulwich Hamlet strikers showed "Erhunesk" touches and played some sexy football despite going down finally 0-1

The Mini Rabble had all the flags and banners up as usual - to the obvious mystification of players and officials and the Rabble soon set about its repertoire of songs and caustic political banter

Aimed mainly at the (very good) Hanwell American born, reserve goalkeeper

"are you Sarah Palin in disguise" and "did you vote for McCain" (he didn't)

Then the Rabble burst into "Let Paul Robeson sing" a reference to the great American singer, football player and black civil rights activists (and friend of the South Wales Miners) and who was witch-hunted by McCarthy

http://www.healeyhero.co.uk/rescue/individual/Paul_Robeson/Paul_Robeson.html

paul robeson wales miners num swmf cp Proud Valley.jpg

The Rabble also paid tribute to Jamil Palmer

7. Scutta

Scutta Live Fast Die Bizarre

yep great night last night. Ms Scutta and her family appreciated the support for Jamil and seen his friends on twitter appreciate it too. Look forward to seeing you all tonight x

vornstyle76 likes this.
  8. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

erhun dhfc small dulwich hamletDSC02637.jpg erhun tom small dhfc red tom erhunDSC02653.jpg dhfc dulwich small awards DSC02651.jpg dhfc gavin rose dulwich cakeDSC02658.jpg

Great night at Champion Hill for fans and players - Special thanks to all the organisers (we all know these events take a lot of time and commitment #respect)

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  9. vornstyle76

Going to the home reserves game versus Wealdstone tomorrow evening. 7.45. Bring drinks cos the bar will be closed.

vicarofsibley, pompeydunc and Scutta like this.
  10. sankara

sankara Well-Known Member

Is anyone about for a pre-match pint at the Fox tonight?

11. vicarofsibley

vicarofsibley 80087355

Yup, meeting pettyboy and then joining Champion_hill there at 6.30pm sharp.

12. Champion_hill

Yes 6:30 at the fox for me and the vicar.

We were planning a match BBQ if anyone is still keen?

Either meet us at sainsburys/fox or you can buy a gourmet (sainsburys basics range) burger off us, £10 and you have to bring your own sauce/salad.

vornstyle76 and pompeydunc like this.
  13. sankara

sankara Well-Known Member

See you there

14. vornstyle76

I'll meet you maybe at Sainsburys.

15. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

See you all there. Looking forward to it.

vornstyle76 likes this.
  16. vicarofsibley

vicarofsibley 80087355

Absolutely brilliant game and knees-up (pink and blue) last night. 6-1 to the sexy reserves. Karem Boyle bagged a hat trick and looked really good, as did Duuuuukaaaaaliiiii.

There's no doubt that the small sea of pink and blue, banging and g-man's long-winded, confusing but ultimately almost always accurate soliloquies inspired the team to such a resounding victory.

Special mention to Champion_hill who received one helluva glare from the Wealdstone GK for suggesting that he might think about 'Climbing back into his mother' after throwing in super DHFC's sixth goal of a glorious night.

(Dulwich Mishi loves humous)

vornstyle76, sankara, EDC and 3 others like this.
  17. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Yes, there was a lot of 'hot air' behind the goal...but not as much as at the Reserve game last friday when all the 'new-veaus' promised a BBQ...I waited for their pop up food stall in vain...

18. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Great fun last night and on Friday and of course the awards on Saturday. I feel like I've moved into Champion Hill.

19. pettyboy

pettyboy Well-Known Member

Highlight of last night - EDC's back-heeled flick. Sign him up Gavin!

Scutta and EDC like this.
  20. vornstyle76

The two reserve matches were great fun. The friends, the finger food, the experimenting with songs. I fear we startled the young lads on Friday night, but they served up an all-you-can-eat flame-grilled buffet of medium-rare football sausage yesterday. I was amazed at how even I, a tactico-ignoramus, could see they were playing in a recognisable "Dulwich style". Gavin Rose et al. are doing something very interesting. I had assumed it was only at monolithic hyper-clubs like Barcelona that such youth "DNA' things happened, but here they are achieving it at a part-time 7th tier club in the transpontine motherland.

Scutta, pompeydunc, EDC and 2 others like this.
  21. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Superb evening and great way to round off the season. There was definitely several future first teamers in that side. On the basis of that performance I'd like to see all those players involved in pre-season. Boyle, Dukali and Mansaray bossed the game. Could have easily have been more than six as well. Feel we definitely contributed to the 5th goal when we deviously suggested the keepers genitalia were exposed before Boyle Erhun-ed his penalty. Nice to see the Dialectic Destroying Cobra Morph Mk. II as well and felt particularly proud when Gav gave us a wave on request.

On a serious note, I hope the reserve friendlies won't be behind closed doors next season, 'cos it was really good last night. Think the players appreciated our support too. PINK ARMY!

Scutta, pettyboy, sankara and 2 others like this.
  22. vornstyle76

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  23. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Why on earth would they be 'behind closed doors'. How on earth could we have 'behind closed doors' friendlies? They would have to be midweek by their very nature, and if they were at home then they would therefore have to be at Champion Hill.

I saw a fair number of Reserve & Youth games last season, Reserves midweek, & Youth Team in the Football Conference Youth Alliance, which are mostly Wednesday afternoons, (which suits me as I don't work on Wednesdays) and on Sundays in the Kent Youth League. The Youth home matches were played on the second pitch at Beckenham Town, apart from home FA Youth Cup ties, which were at Champion Hill.

Junior Kadi always kindly sends me a text, whether I'm there or not, to confirm the score & scorers for me. And I've just received the one from the last Youth game on sunday, where he added the following message, not just aimed at myself:

"Also just wanted to say a big thank you to your support during the season and the support for the kids the other nightwas better than most away teams that come down in the first team."

24. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

A few photos from Monday night. IMAG0047.jpg IMAG0048.jpg

Attached Files: