1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Renegade Dogs Writing Contest

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by DotCommunist, Feb 1, 2010.

1. DotCommunist

DotCommunist my world is fire and blood

The blogspot is online here:
    http://wordisweaponary.blogspot.com/

Many thanks to Belushi for a fine dedication.

PM an e-mail address to myself for an invite if you wish to contribute. I'm thinking this months theme can be freeform- see what gets bought to the table? and then winner chooses next months theme, 25th deadline and five day vote etc.

2. RaverDrew

RaverDrew self-banned for a bit R.I.P.

Fantastic idea, what a tribute ! :)

3. scifisam

scifisam feck! arse! girls! drink!

I had wondered what name would be given to the writing contest - in a way, his real name wouldn't have fitted as much as his screen name. I'm glad Renegade Dog was chosen. And I'm going to write something, because it would be a shitty start to a contest in RD's name if there were no entries. We'd better get on with it - life is waiting.

4. Johnny Canuck3

Johnny Canuck3 Well-Known Member

How long is it supposed to be?

5. scifisam

scifisam feck! arse! girls! drink!

I think that up to 3000 words was agreed, but it's flexible; somewhat longer stories have been posted, and shorter is fine. Just write few enough words to give people time to read your story as well as the other stories, really.

6. Johnny Canuck3

I wouldn't mind entering this time.

7. Intastella

Intastella Moved on Banned

Is there a set theme, like with the photography thread?

8. Johnny Canuck3

From the op

9. Intastella

Intastella Moved on Banned

Ah right, soz.

/Cleans glasses

10. Belushi

Belushi 01 811 8055 R.I.P.

Thanks for all the work you put in setting it up DotCom.

For those new to the competition the rules are the same as before. If you're interested in submitting something message DotCom with your email address and he will send you an invite to the blog which hosts the actual stories themselves.

You have until the 25th to place your stories on the blog and then voting will be opened on here until the last day of the month. The winner gets a toblerone and chooses next months theme (which we then generally ignore) stories should be 3000 words or less, though we've been known to be flexible...

Readers are as important as writers to the competition so were as grateful to those who read and vote as we are to those who contribute the stories.

RIP Matt, we hope you'd have liked what we've done with the contest.

11. Strumpet

Strumpet gypsy girl

12. marty21

marty21 One on one? You're crazy.

I've got something I can rework from a namowrimo novel, RD was on at me to contribute to this, so I will. Will pm you later commie

13. Diamond

Diamond The Red Baron

Good stuff. I'm definitely in for this month.

14. mattie

mattie missing in inaction

Not much to contribute to the competition, but I just thought I'd say what a great gesture this is.

I will, of course, make all effort to read the entries.

15. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Somewhere under the raincloud

I am proud to provide our shiny new contest with it's first entry :)

Needless to say, I've outdone myself yet again.

16. sheothebudworths

sheothebudworths Up the bum - no babies!!!

Yes to all of that - it's a fucking superb idea, very fitting - well done Belushi and DotCom! :cool: :)

17. tar1984

tar1984 write a song, i'll sing along

I'd like to maybe try to write a story. I don't know if i'll be able to, having never tried before, and if I start writing and it's blatant fail then i won't enter it. But I could try.

18. Voley

Voley Peaceful Oat Goblin

Nice idea. :cool:

19. pigtails

pigtails putting the tit in titilate

Beautiful, made me cry!

20. tar1984

Ok, I'm in. :cool:

Also agreed this is a fine tribute.

21. Belushi

Thanks, I was in tears writing it.

Do! I'd never written anything until the first contest started and find it immenseley satisfying, and the more you write the better you get.

Also, readers are just as important to the contest as writers, so were always very grateful tpo anyone who takes the time to read the entries and then choose their favourite.

22. tar1984

I'm on board belushi. Comrade DotC encouraged me to give it a go, so I'm in. :cool:

23. Balbi

Balbi Hey, Dean Yager!

What's the word limit? :)

24. DotCommunist

Max 3000, no min.

Although nobody will cry if you do 3500 words. It's just a vague guidline to ensure we have stories of a length that people can read and vote on and not novel-length stuff that might take more than a month to read:eek:

25. Balbi

Balbi Hey, Dean Yager!

Ta. I think i'll write to 1k. Been reading Lovecraft's Weird Tales entries, great short work from the daft old racist :D

26. Belushi

Nice one, my complete lack of discipline when it comes to revision means I've had to defer my exams until June :facepalm: meaning I have time to write something for this months contest :cool:

27. tastebud

tastebud Well-Known Member

:) / :(

28. LDR

LDR kiwitanga

I'm in for this.

29. DotCommunist

Cor if all the invited folks see fit to post this month we may have to run heats!

30. Clair De Lune

Clair De Lune Well-Known Member

Only just seen this. Choked up after reading the tribute but very glad this has been done, nice one guys :) Very fitting.
    I am in. Will try to make time to write another story as it seems wrong to resubmit last months...anyway he liked it and thats good enough for me :cool: