Religions and cults on the streets of Brixton

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Apr 15, 2014.

1. 8ball

8ball Hetero Sapiens

Mmm. Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. :hmm:

CH1 likes this.
  2. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

3. editor

editor hiraethified

They're fucking awful. Real bigoted cunts.

4. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

It looked vaguely interesting as I walked my son past. But hate speech on the streets is not a good thing at all

5. friendofdorothy

friendofdorothy it is so much worse than Thatcherism now

6. editor

editor hiraethified

They maybe laughable but I nearly got into a fight with one of these aggressive clowns when he got close up and personal and did that weird bloke heads rutting nonsense. That said, it was a pleasure seeing them getting booted out of Windrush Square.

Brixton 1 – Twelve Tribes of Israel 0. Homophobic street preachers forced out of Windrush Square

Reno and Gramsci like this.
  7. Idris2002

Idris2002 perkins saved by moscow gold

Is there any overlap or continuity between these eejits and the older British Israelism tradition?

(British Israelism are probably the Ur-Loons, the OG nutters: British Israelism - Wikipedia )

8. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

Highly unlikely. British Israel was one of many esoteric/exotic religious fashions in the nineteenth century Britain and America. The Mormons - still a powerful church or cult - is based on that lost tribes idea. But they are white - in fact the Mormons operated a colour bar until about 50 years ago.

With the 12 Tribes it's all about being black and having a back story to account for slavery. I've no idea what the ultimate theology/ideology is, but here are their leaflets, since you ask. These are a couple of years old. Their internet links are US based, but they seem to have Birmingham and London followers - who post on Youtube (naturally). The Brixton group used to be vigorously against mixed relationships. Don't know if this still holds.
    12 Tribes large single sided.jpg
    12 Tribes 4 sides 1.jpg
    12 Tribes 4 sides 2.jpg
    12 Tribes 4 sides 3.jpg
    12 Tribes 4 sides 4.jpg

Idris2002 likes this.
  9. GarveyLives

GarveyLives Well-Known Member

There is more about Israel United In Christ here:

10. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

This is very interesting - and very sad.