Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

releases you're looking forward to (& have looked fwd to)

stavros

Or, on the other hand, is it the soundtrack for the next series? C4 said that was coming sometime in the new year, and given Mogwai fitted the brief so well for the first series, it might make sense for them to come back.

stavros

MIA's fourth album came out on Monday, and I'm in two minds over whether to get it. She's never totally blown me away, but I've always appreciated her work. MAYA was very hard work though.

zeedoodles

Seem to have been waiting for 6 months or more for this to come out on vinyl. It looks like it might come out next Tuesday at last (fingers crossed)

See

SpookyFrank

Self-cleaning oven, the whole bit.
The new St Vincent album is out in January.

That track is a lot more my sort of thing than the stuff on her last album, which I admired rather than liked IYSWIM.

braindancer

not for long
I'm going to try and pick up a copy tomorrow. Les Revenants is a lot to live up to.
And this doesn't IMHO - although there are a few crackin' tracks. I've grown a little bored of Mogwai over the years, but Les Revenants I really liked. Rave Tapes is pretty much back to business as usual unfortunately.

stavros

I didn't have the chance to get it today, but tomorrow I promise I will. I think Mogwai's evolution will always be gradual rather than wholesale. I suppose a lot will depend on who they choose to produce, or if they do it themselves.

stavros

Well, I got it, and I'm on the penultimate track for the first listen. It is a bit Mogwai by numbers, as you said, and not as good as its predecessor, but they nonetheless remain interesting.

redsquirrel

This Machine Kills Progressives
Yeah, I agree. I mean it's a Mogwai LP so it's still very good, but I don't think it's as exciting or impressive as Les Revenants

stavros

Has anyone heard anything on a new LP from Half Man Half Biscuit? Their frequency is one every two or three years, and 90 Bisodol (Crimond) was 2011.

belboid

TUC Off Your Knees
Has anyone heard anything on a new LP from Half Man Half Biscuit? Their frequency is one every two or three years, and 90 Bisodol (Crimond) was 2011.
Saucy Haulage Ballads last year, mini album/long ep

Gruff Rhys has a new album - and film, and book, and app - out on May 5. American Interior.