1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

releases you're looking forward to (& have looked fwd to)

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by ska invita, Dec 30, 2010.

1. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

It might not be a fully-formed album, but I've heard of new D'Angelo tracks leaking.

2. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

news Swans due.

And if you pay $500 micky will record you 'a video of a simple, short, original song, acoustic guitar and voice, with customers’ name in the song, praising the customer, his or her ancestors, thoughts, dreams, and future or past lives, forever .'

http://shop.younggodrecords.com/not-here-not-now-handmade-release

3. krtek a houby

krtek a houby If specified, this will replace the title

The Azealia Banks album, surely it's ready by now?

4. lt35

lt35 Well-Known Member

Shy FX's new reggae album Cornerstone - was meant to be out late summer :(

Fozzie Bear likes this.
  5. belboid

redsquirrel and stavros like this.
  6. stavros

Woah, they're prolific at the moment, with the stunning Les Revenants only being released in February. Great news though.

7. belboid

they had actually recorded Les Revs early last year, but yeah!

8. stavros

Or, on the other hand, is it the soundtrack for the next series? C4 said that was coming sometime in the new year, and given Mogwai fitted the brief so well for the first series, it might make sense for them to come back.

9. stavros

MIA's fourth album came out on Monday, and I'm in two minds over whether to get it. She's never totally blown me away, but I've always appreciated her work. MAYA was very hard work though.

10. redsquirrel

redsquirrel This Machine Kills Progressives

Anyone heard the The Devil album? Got some good reviews but I've not managed to get hold a copy yet.

11. flypanam

flypanam “There is no reason for restraint”

Shellac - Dude, incredible

in 2014

12. stavros

A new Avalanches track has leaked, although I'm not sure if it's been confirmed that it'll be on any new LP.

13. flypanam

flypanam “There is no reason for restraint”

Thee Silver Mount Zion memorial Orchestra - Fuck off get free we pour light on everything

jan 2014

14. zeedoodles

zeedoodles Member

15. zeedoodles

zeedoodles Member

Seem to have been waiting for 6 months or more for this to come out on vinyl. It looks like it might come out next Tuesday at last (fingers crossed)

See

16. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Somewhere under the raincloud

The new St Vincent album is out in January.

That track is a lot more my sort of thing than the stuff on her last album, which I admired rather than liked IYSWIM.

Favelado likes this.
  17. belboid

advance co;ies of next years Album of the Year are out already - Mogwai, Rave Tapes

18. spliff

spliff New Member

19. belboid

20. stupid dogbot

stupid dogbot Haughty and Superior

21. stavros

I'm going to try and pick up a copy tomorrow. Les Revenants is a lot to live up to.

22. braindancer

braindancer not for long

And this doesn't IMHO - although there are a few crackin' tracks. I've grown a little bored of Mogwai over the years, but Les Revenants I really liked. Rave Tapes is pretty much back to business as usual unfortunately.

23. stavros

I didn't have the chance to get it today, but tomorrow I promise I will. I think Mogwai's evolution will always be gradual rather than wholesale. I suppose a lot will depend on who they choose to produce, or if they do it themselves.

24. stavros

Well, I got it, and I'm on the penultimate track for the first listen. It is a bit Mogwai by numbers, as you said, and not as good as its predecessor, but they nonetheless remain interesting.

25. redsquirrel

redsquirrel This Machine Kills Progressives

Yeah, I agree. I mean it's a Mogwai LP so it's still very good, but I don't think it's as exciting or impressive as Les Revenants

26. stavros

Has anyone heard anything on a new LP from Half Man Half Biscuit? Their frequency is one every two or three years, and 90 Bisodol (Crimond) was 2011.

27. belboid

Saucy Haulage Ballads last year, mini album/long ep

Gruff Rhys has a new album - and film, and book, and app - out on May 5. American Interior.

28. belboid

oh, and a new Eels album too. 'The Cautionary Tales of Mark Oliver Everett' out on April 22

29. stavros

30. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert