releases you're looking forward to (& have looked fwd to)

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by ska invita, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

cantsin likes this.
  2. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Spandex likes this.
  3. Spandex

Spandex Well-Known Member

Fez909 likes this.
  4. Spandex

And since I'm on this thread, I'm looking forward to Gabe Gurnsey's album Phantasy, released 3rd August. He's part of Factory Floor, but on his first solo album he's moved away from their stripped down banging for "a 21st Century take on muscular electro, Balearic synth pop, EBM, proto-Hacienda militant funk, early Chicago house and minimal, Neptunes-referencing beats".

Love this track: Ultra Clear Sound

Fez909 likes this.
  5. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

Mogwai have a soundtrack coming out on August 31st. Never heard of KIN, looks kinda sci-fi. Initial offerings sound good

6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I doubt if anyone else here cares, but I can't wait for the new Innocence Mission album.

7. Spandex

Chromatics - Dear Tommy

This was discussed a bit in the album recommendation thread last year. Now, apparently, it's due out this autumn.

It was originally announced in December 2014, due to be out "in time for valentines day". February 2015 came and went with no sign of the album. Four singles were released over 2015, then... nothing. 2016 came and went. In May 2017 it was announced that Johnny Jewel (of the band) had almost died on Christmas day 2015, returned to LA and destroyed every copy of the album in the warehouse (15,000 CDs and 10,000 records), but had rerecorded it and it would be released soon.

Will they manage to release it this year?

They've released another track from the album: Black Walls

Justtakemymoneyandgivemethealbumdammit!

8. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

wow, there's a name I haven't heard/thought about for a while. They were ace!

Listening to black walls now...

Spandex likes this.