1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

releases you're looking forward to (& have looked fwd to)

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by ska invita, Dec 30, 2010.

1. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

A thread about releases you're looking forward to, and also for stories about releases you looked forward to with bated breath in the past (probably as a teenager).

There's a bit of gossip that this year D'Angelo might finally release his long awaited follow up to the possible-masterpiece that was Voodoo in 2000 - possibly to be called the James River album. He really works hard at it, and refuses to put out anything shit, hence the decade long wait.

As a young teen I remember going into my not-that-local HMV every month for nearly a year to buy the first Tribe Called Quest album, after reading about them in sleeve notes. When i finally did get my hands on the cassette it I dont think i ever gave a record such heavy rotation - on a loop for months. Incidentally TCQ DJ Ali Shaheed Muhammad is at Plan B on 21st jan

2. kained&able

kained&able Here for the football.

Dr dre detox!!!!
    lowkey - whatever its going to be called
    lupe fiasco has new album coming out.

umm err social distoritio
    cold
    talib kweli ummm errr
    busta rhymes
    foo fighters
    no use for a name
    body count
    tool
    soundgarden
    rage against the machine
    them crooked vultures
    eminem

err kno'turnal
    lagwagon
    slaughterhouse
    lazy bone from bone thugs n harmony
    saigon
    joel ortiz
    raekwon
    crooked i
    jean grae
    2 albums from dmx

stuff, lots and lots of stuff. I'm highly hopeful for next year being awesome.

dave(enjoyed looking through lists)

3. S☼I

S☼I Cats Bumino

I'm sorry to say I don't have anything to look forward to. I just don't know what's out there. Recommend me some stuff, people - contemporary stuff. To look forward to.

What I've been listening to a lot of lately:

Trojan dub
    The Ronettes
    Fugazi

but I'm craving some icy-cold synthpop like Fischerspooner's cover of Wire's "The 15th". An album full of stuff like that would be brilliant.

4. twistedAM

twistedAM Left Of The Dial

I was just raving about him to a friend the other week and they looked at me blankly. A forgotten man nowadays (considering his former status) but this will be interesting. Will keep my eyes and ears open.

5. ska invita

I'm with you Tiwsted. Voodoo was very Princey, and in the album notes D'Angelo goes on about wishing he could see Princes face when he would first listen to the album, as tbf he did a good job of out-princing Prince. Supposedly the new album will feature Prince on at least a couple of tracks (amongst a host of other neo-soul artists).

is there a list of forthcoming albums for 2011?

6. dynamicbaddog

dynamicbaddog Well-Known Member

Breath truly bated for the 24th of Jan when Chase & Status's new album No More Idols is finally released. Promises to be even better than More Than A Lot
    also Feb will see the release of Pyramid's "The 140 EP" featuring this Skism refix of Cruel
    and I'm expecting some amazing new stuff from Modestep, Specimen A, and Roksonix

7. ericjarvis

ericjarvis give a feck for the feckless

I'm hoping that Le Corps De Mince De Francoise will finally get an album released in 2011.

8. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

Missy Elliott's "Block Party" has led a similar delayed life to Dre's one. We can but hope.

PJ Harvey's got a new one due in February, and there'll no doubt be releases from The Fall, HMHB and Venetian Snares, but then that happens most years.

9. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Looking fwd to the Adrian Sherwood meets The Bug album.

10. Threshers_Flail

Threshers_Flail Well-Known Member

James Blake's debut which is out on the 7th Feb, and I think Panda Bear has got another one out too. And Pains of being pure at heart second album. :cool:

11. stavros

I may just making this up, but I seem to remember hearing something about a new Radiohead album at some point.

12. Dr. Furface

Dr. Furface One small step for man

Oooh that sounds :cool: as fuck. When's it coming out?

13. stupid dogbot

stupid dogbot Haughty and Superior

Already bought (well, ordered) my first 2011 album, Bad Time Zoo, by Sims of Doomtree.

14. kained&able

ooh missed that dogbot, cheers.

Sherlock51 likes this.
  15. stupid dogbot

stupid dogbot Haughty and Superior

:thumbs:

Lazerbeak on the prod, too. Should be ace. :cool:

16. YouSir

YouSir Look out Laika, it's Earth.

I'll be ecstatic (and amazed) when the second Deltron album comes out - which apparently is almost definitely, probably going to be out soon.

17. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Their website makes mention of a new album that they hadnt quite finished as of November 12 2010.

18. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

@furface - some time in 2011 I hope!

I think it's tie-in with all the on-u sound 30th anniversary stuff...

19. For me its all about How to Destroy Angels.

Can Trent Reznor really disband a 20 year old group and move on with a new sound? Can he really install his new wife as lead singer? Will anyone care?

20. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

certainly not i!

21. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

fozzie -i see the bug did a remix for sherwood in '03 - have you heard it?

22. Thats what I am thinking :(

23. stavros

New Mogwai album in February too. :cool:

24. stavros

Gruff Rhys' third album is also in the offing.

25. miniGMgoit

miniGMgoit OverWeightUnderAchiever

Seefeel's new album. Out soon apparently.

The Black Ships (Nick McCabe and Si Jones from the Verve new band, clip below)

And of course I will be waiting (possibly forever) for the new My Bloody Valentine release.

26. trevhagl

trevhagl Famous author , company CEO

new UK Subs is apparently shit hot and as good as any album they've done....(needless to say guess who will have some to sell)

27. kained&able

play.com?

28. stavros

14th February in one to look out for, as PJ Harvey, Mogwai and Gruff Rhys all release new albums that day. Straight down the record shop after work for me. :cool:

29. ska invita

New pixies album in 2012 :)

30. ska invita

New album from, IMO, the best 'dubstep' producer out there, Silkie

[​IMG]

City Limits Volume 2

01. Feel feat. Truth
    02. Snowed In feat. Von D
    03. Get Up N Dance
    04. Rock Da Funk