Reise Allassani signs for Coventry City

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Posh 'n Proud, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Posh 'n Proud

Posh 'n Proud Well-Known Member

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I cannot see anything topical after a quick browse.

The South London Press is suggesting that interest in Reise is going to evolve into firm bids imminently (see here). It's possible that Peterborough are one of those clubs, indeed, he played 45 minutes for Posh in pre-season against Wolves.

My question is - if a club coughed up 100k to secure his services, just where will the money (and probable add-ons) end up when the cheque has cleared? Would I be correct in assuming that the property speculator overlords would have some say in where the cash goes?

iamwithnail likes this.
  2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

3. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

According to liamdhfc he/she/other who pays the wages gets the money.

I believe that would go to the account controlled by the football committee.

But he may say otherwise if circumstances have changed.

Posh 'n Proud likes this.
  4. YTC

YTC Human Man

Hey Posh 'n Proud!

All money would be split between Aspire (Gavin's management Company) and the club. Meadow now have no say over footballing issues as they are nothing more than (evil) Landlords.

Apparently up to 12 clubs have been in for him, he's rejected one already, 3 along tomorrow for the game. Should be interesting.

5. Posh 'n Proud

Good. Whoever buys him, I hope you get something close to what he's really worth. I can't imagine for a moment that he'd be easily replaced but having a few quid to hand would surely help. It's not inconceivable that Pinnock, Oztumer and McCoulsky might all be playing in the Championship next term - you should have something much better to show for all the work and time that the club invests in developing such players.

joe1990, jnrknight, darryl and 3 others like this.
  6. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Has this changed from the summer? My understanding was Meadow did not pass on any of the money due to the Club from Ethan Pinnock's move to Barnsley.

7. Posh 'n Proud

That was my understanding a few months ago. I seem to remember Gavin being quoted in the press about not receiving add-ons....??

8. iamwithnail

iamwithnail Well-Known Member

That would be right, based on the previous post, though - Meadows were paying/supporting/whatever the wages at the time.

9. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

So the business genius that is Peter Bennison has sulked his way out of a Meadow payday?

Pink Panther and editor like this.
  10. iamwithnail

Dunno, was just going off the basis of B.I.G's post about who pays, controls.

11. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

Just to clarify the position, Meadow have no say in the activities of the football club. The club is still owned by Nick McCormack whose shares Meadow have an option over.
    Day to day operations of the football side of the club are being run by the volunteer fans who serve on the football committee and it is us who are having to manage the club finances and ensure all bills are paid. They arr being supported with any shortfalls by the 12th Man Scheme in terms of player wages. Hope that answers it.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  12. iamwithnail

That sounds like: most of the grunt work is being left to hard working volunteers and fans, but McCormack, as actual owner, could still come in and dictate what the club does if it it came into an Allassanis windfall? Would that be right? It's mostly that last bit I couldn't work out.

13. liamdhfc

McCormack is not controlling the bank accounts and is fully supportive of those who are running it. He has no interest in taking transfer fees or any other money from the club.

14. iamwithnail

Thanks, that's helpful.

15. Posh 'n Proud

Not quite mutually exclusive from a prospective Reise Allassani scenario: I suppose many of you have just seen Shawn McCoulsky blast Leeds out of the FA Cup with as mighty a towering header as you're ever likely to see.

iamwithnail likes this.
  16. DonkeyAssessor

DonkeyAssessor Well-Known Member

And your lads had a good day yesterday.. hope you get a decent draw and payday in round 4.

17. YTC

YTC Human Man

yes, it changed on October 31st when they 'stopped financially supporting' the club, AKA controlling the finances.

Still waiting for that Pinnock money...

JackPittBrooke likes this.
  18. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Rumours on Twitter that Reise trained with Exeter City this week ? (Good luck to him - what every he decides)

But would be great if he was at Margate Saturday

19. liamdhfc

He was with the team at Aveley last night but obviously not playing.

Pink Panther likes this.
  20. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

I care not for rumours

baleboy_93 likes this.
  21. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

What? It's a bloody great album. 1970s at its coke-addled finest.

22. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

The rumour on Reading's board (Hob Nob Anyone?) is that he's coming to the Mad Stad.

Straight to the championship might be a big step up, but we certainly need a bit of flair at the moment. Jaap Stam will crush that out of him in a couple of weeks no doubt.

I dare say the lad's agent has put all sorts of rumours out there.

23. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

More from the SLP here:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    the 12th man and blueheaven like this.
  24. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I hope the injury doesn't screw up a decent move for Reise, but it's getting a bit tedious hearing about all these clubs supposedly interested without making a serious offer.

Ideally he'll stay until the summer, help us win the league, then get a better move in the summer.

25. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

...after the Altona tour.

iamwithnail likes this.
  26. PartisanDulwich

27. 3010

3010 Well-Known Member

28. PartisanDulwich

29. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member