Rees Mogg mobbed.

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by Red Sky, Feb 3, 2018.

1. SpackleFrog

SpackleFrog Smash showy bell-bottom pants and sporty haircuts

Think we'll agree to disagree here. :rolleyes:

2. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty Wh♂️

Why, what are you even doing?
    Don’t bang on about trades unions you’ve latched onto.

3. tim

tim Well-Known Member

Everyone including Nanny and the children seemed to be having fun. Moggy and Bone should form a double act and tour the post-brexit reopened variety theatres.

Ian would have, of course, have to find a suitably urchinesque mini-Bone if he wanted to jeepbup with his new partner

[​IMG]

treelover likes this.
  4. SpackleFrog

Satisfied enough with my contribution not to give much of a fuck about your questions to be honest. Particularly if you don't think workplace organising counts.

krtek a houby likes this.
  5. sunnysidedown

sunnysidedown Well-Known Member

Funny then that Bone in the last few days has managed to get a direct anti-austerity, pay & conditions highlighting message, via one of the largest UK circulation newspapers, into more workplaces than the entire SP have had hot dinners.

6. Red Sky

Red Sky It was like that when I got here.

What are you even doing? Apart from moaning on here?

7. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty Wh♂️

Opening a gym for balaclava enthusiasts.

8. Red Sky

AKA fuck all...

9. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty Wh♂️

Regardless of what I am or aren’t doing, I’m not the one hurling criticisms at someone who was doing something, is the point.

10. SpackleFrog

This might be rampantly sceptical on my part but I'm not convinced of a propaganda strategy which is reliant on the S*n to deliver an anti-austerity message to the working class. Sorry for the lack of faith comrade.

For clarity mate - I do workplace organising which Ian Bone would think pointless and irrelevant, and he does cartoonish stunts I think are pointless and irrelevant. It's a fair exchange.

You are yourself now hurling criticisms at someone who is doing something though. Is it ok when you do it?

11. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty Wh♂️

Asking you what you do equates to hurling criticism? You’ll have to show your workings there.

12. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

Why are you so convinced Ian bone would find that pointless and irrelevant?

13. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty Wh♂️

I’ve seen CW activists supporting United Voices of the World pickets, so they can’t find it that boring and irrelevant.

Dom Traynor and peterkro like this.
  14. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty Wh♂️

I doubt CW would try and flood the managerial positions in unions though like Trots tend to do.

treelover and Libertad like this.
  15. Red Sky

People in grass houses shouldn't get stoned.

Magnus McGinty likes this.
  16. SpackleFrog

Purely based on speeches and things he's written I've seen, I don't think he has a very positive view of TUC affiliate unions or the lay rep structures within them. I think some of the things I do, like negotiations with local management or representing members, he would consider not confrontational enough to be worth doing. I'm not suggesting that's true of all the CW periphery though.

Possibly IB might like some kinds of workplace organising though.

But not the managerial kind of workplace organising, which maybe is a reference to unelected bureaucrats or overpaid FTO's or maybe just to people like me with 3 hours a week facility time. Who knows?

Dom Traynor likes this.
  17. gosub

gosub ~#

Far far worse than turning up at someones work, antagonising their employer and telling someone they have Stockholm syndrome for not joining HIS choice of union? I'm all ears

18. mojo pixy

mojo pixy unquantifiable hazards

Then let's hope IB does another action personally, soon. See where this old slippery slope leads...

Pickman's model likes this.
  19. chilango

chilango *shrugs*

Ian Bone doing his thing isn't stopping anyone else doing theirs.

20. Rob Ray

Rob Ray Irony is well sad

So you've not read much of what he's written then I take it. Because he's been pretty clear about having a very positive view of TUC branches and lay reps that get their finger out (eg. the printers, or the NUM) for most of the last 50 years. He's not a fan of careerism or service unionism, but frankly who is (other than careerists)? Try Bash The Rich if you want to opine about his actual views rather than just making assumptions.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  21. Rob Ray

The Sun here, showing how outraged it is about people "bullying" kids by er... trying to bully an old man?

Capture.JPG

mojo pixy and Pickman's model like this.
  22. SpackleFrog

Fair enough, he's just never come across to me as having much interest but I'll take your word for it. The blurb to that book sounds pretty fucking out there to be fair but if you say so...

I mean, can't have it both ways, if the kids are a legitimate target then so is he, old though he may be.

23. existentialist

existentialist Danced on by a twerking bee

I'd stick to commenting on things you know something about.

"Classy" isn't one of them.

24. existentialist

existentialist Danced on by a twerking bee

Again, stick to talking about what you know about.

"Nice" isn't in it :D

25. Rob Ray

I made no comment at all on how "out there" or not it was, but it's his biography, hence it being a good source to work from if you wish to continue trying to explain his politics to the rest of us. As opposed to trying to do so having seemingly read nothing much.

That's an interesting reversal of "if kids aren't a legitimate target why would a pensioner be", it's genuinely been a while since I've seen someone reduced to defending the Sun's editorial process.

LynnDoyleCooper likes this.
  26. SpackleFrog

I'm not defending the S*n, but the consensus seems to be the aim of the stunt is to get coverage in rabid right wing tabloids, in which case it's not bullying, it's sticking it to the man achieved, maaan. If the goal is negative attention from right wing rags then you can't really then claim it's bullying.

27. Rob Ray

You're not getting me. I'm not actually calling Ian Bone a victim or demanding that the Sun behave itself (as though it ever would), I'm mocking the bizarre hypocritical parody of a moral high horse that it's performing.

28. charlie mowbray

charlie mowbray The Enforcer

I've been on UVW pickets with IB, so.. And forget about a member of a group that included Tommy Sheridan and Steve Nally ( Nally is still a member of SP) who denounced poll tax rioters and called for them to be grassed up

29. mojo pixy

mojo pixy unquantifiable hazards

''...hid inside leaving a woman to do the shouting...''

The deep rooted sexism in that image is really fucking depressing. I know its that rag, but still.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  30. LynnDoyleCooper

LynnDoyleCooper Up against the wall motherfucker.

What's with all this 'legitimate target' nonsense talk? FFS, he made a few barbed quips to them, not attempted a assassination. Have some of you even watched the video, nobody looked intimidated or even upset.