Rees Mogg mobbed.

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by Red Sky, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Red Sky

Red Sky It was like that when I got here.

Tactically I mean. Rees Mogg is a millionaire plutocrat toff who hides his money offshore and is part of the global elite he affects to despise. Put that to him. Ask him about the Paradise Papers.

It was an open goal and Bone punted it about 50 feet over the crossbar.

2. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

That's what you think should have happend? Is this a joke? Is this you free of anti-fascism? This liberal green shit?

Pickman's model likes this.
  3. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty Wh♂️

The left are generally good at that. Just look at how masked up anti-fascists make the rest look - like we’re about to do a bank job using high explosives!

Class War have always been good (the best?) at getting issues into the newspapers. And what the whingers fail to remember is they’re basically from the street theatre tradition as opposed to the ‘propaganda of the deed’ bomb making mentalists.

tim likes this.
  4. Red Sky

What do you think should have happened?

5. butchersapron

Where? This defensive retort is part of the problem.

Pickman's model likes this.
  6. Red Sky

At this protest? O.k we could start by saying that picketing RMs house with 3 weeks notice was a duff idea in the first place.

However if you had the chance to put the man on the spot and someone was filming it what would you do/say?

7. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty Wh♂️

Job already done. You have everyone’s attention.

8. butchersapron

I have no problem with ian's response. Your wider more effective response =

9. Red Sky

"Lots of people hate your Daddy". 10/10

10. butchersapron

Oh fuck, the left is dead.

11. Red Sky

Only just noticed?

12. butchersapron

A great action, symbolically at their feet. Poor doors, you loved that - it was simple. This time it became real and you bottled it. Mogg didn't.

13. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty Wh♂️

Red Sky isn’t left though. Just anti-fascist. Like Cameron.

14. Pickman's model

Pickman's model One star in sight

You win some and you lose some: fair play to Ian for having a go. Most people carping do fuck all themselves, the easiest way to stay ideologically pure

smokedout and Badgers like this.
  15. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

That's his thing. He enters situations in the knowledge that others will scream outrage about it the most minor stuff, then denies that he was ever bothered at all, carefully not contradicting the outrage merchants.

16. Red Sky

The parallels are remarkable it's true.

17. SpackleFrog

SpackleFrog Smash showy bell-bottom pants and sporty haircuts

What was he having a go at doing though?

18. Pickman's model

A demonstration outside Jacob Rees-Mogg's house

19. Bahnhof Strasse

Bahnhof Strasse Free the Sepsis Six!

He should have shot the kids whilst burning Mogg's entrails having first decapitated Mrs Mogg. Would have stopped the darlings from having heard nasty things about their Papa.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  20. Pickman's model

Yeh it's obvious in hindsight

Bahnhof Strasse likes this.
  21. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I can see how people might be uneasy about this, but what should Bone have done when the kids were paraded in front of him?

Including them has upsides and downsides but he did an OK job of explaining to the kids (that had been invited out to the protest) why it was happening.

That's better than giving up or continuing to give Mogg both barrels as if the kids weren't there.

Dragnet likes this.
  22. mojo pixy

mojo pixy unquantifiable hazards

Always pro CW, always anti Rees-Mogg of any age. IB would have had to do far, far worse than omg he talked to some posh kids to make me see this as A Bad Thing.

Absurd fucking ''controversy'' IMO.

Bahnhof Strasse likes this.
  23. SpackleFrog

About what? For what purpose?

24. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty Wh♂️

He employs a 74-year-old nanny maid on less than minimum wage who is still wiping the arses of posh kids instead of enjoying retirement.

25. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Also to wind up JRM, get loads of press coverage, be the subject of conversations up and down the country - and presumably have a laugh doing it.

redsquirrel likes this.
  26. SpackleFrog

A fair answer but JRM doesn't look too fussed about it and I can't say I have a lot of time for Bone's need for attention, or his idea of fun.

27. sunnysidedown

sunnysidedown Well-Known Member

Bones comments (most regarding pay & conditions) were printed full in the S*n. Some folk may read read it and think Bone has a point. Job done.

mojo pixy and Almor like this.
  28. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty Wh♂️

An interesting answer that you’ve framed by concentrating on those directly involved rather than the wider message.

Are you a Trot?

29. SpackleFrog

I mean I think my point was that it's not an effective way to get a message across. But yes, I'm in the SP.

I prefer Leninist though. :hmm:

30. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty Wh♂️

You’re even further away from WC engagement than CW are then.
    Not really a great position to be crowing from, regardless of how terrible you think it went.