1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rees Mogg mobbed.

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by Red Sky, Feb 3, 2018.

1. YouSir

YouSir Look out Laika, it's Earth.

The right has only just discovered AntiFash apparently, it's all a terrible revelation to them that anyone was fighting anyone.

2. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

The problem with this is that it feeds the "Alt left" are the oppressive anti democratic, anti free speech, liberal left elite narrative that seems to be taking off at the moment. If you got a bunch of torykippers together with a sketch artist and asked them to describe Jeremy Corbyn's perfect day out this is what they would come up with. When you add the Churchill cafe protest it's bordering on satire or if you read the Mail, Sun, Express, Telegraph it's confirmation of everything you believe and a reason to vote Conservative regardless of whether they are totally incompetent.

You see and hear "Antifa" in the news and more so on social media fairly frequently now and people who wouldn't have know what it meant or who it referred to a year ago are now labelling any even slightly noisy left leaning group antifa. It seems as if the right have taken the accusations previously levelled at them and successfully turned them on the left. We're now at a point where Tommy Robinson made it on to Sky news and also seems to be getting away with playing the victim card with his the police won't act because I'm white and people are threatening to kill my kids.

Personally I find it scary that this story has been reported on by every mainstream media outlet. I can only think that the politically active among you don't seem bothered because the prospect of chanting moggy moggy moggy out out out is so exciting you sort of want him to make it to PM.

urbanspaceman and bimble like this.
  3. Mr.Bishie

Mr.Bishie I saw it I saw it I tell you no lies

At least smash his fuckin face in & run a decent fuckin story.

4. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

Riklet likes this.
  5. tim

tim Well-Known Member

Yes, we ruddy cheeked middle-aged men are all right-wing and bigots

Fuck you and your absurd racist clichés

6. Mr.Bishie

Mr.Bishie I saw it I saw it I tell you no lies

7. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

FTR I have similar facial toning, so it's perfectly acceptable for me to make pejorative comments about the aforementioned purple faced prejudiced twats

muscovyduck likes this.
  8. Kaka Tim

Kaka Tim Crush the Saboteurs!

Im beginning to think that, rather than being some wierdo clown, Rees Mogg is actually a conniving, ruthless dogmatist who knows exactly what he is doing. A dangerous man.

9. mauvais

mauvais change has become unavoidable

Possibly, but we thought that about Boris Johnson and it turns out that, behind the clown facade, he's an idiot.

Whagwan, Badgers and tim like this.
  10. Kaka Tim

Johnson is lazy so tries to blag his way through with bluster. Rees Mogg comes accross as someone who does his homework.

urbanspaceman likes this.
  11. gosub

gosub ~#

You heard him on Brexit?

12. alex_

alex_ Well-Known Member

Compared to Boris, Donald trump does his homework.

Alex

Badgers likes this.
  13. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty Wh♂️

It’s because there’s no danger of the public confusing anyone with daft students.

14. gosub

gosub ~#

Josh Connor is an ex student

15. tim

tim Well-Known Member

Self-hating ruddy Northerner.

Pickman's model likes this.
  16. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

I know the idea that the Tories are actually a bunch of clowns who have no idea what they're doing is pretty awful, and that it's much nicer to think that underneath the disorganised idiot facade it's all Machiavelli shit because at least it means there's some order to the world and you might be able to out-think them, but tbh they really are like that. You can tell because when they _do_ try some sort of Machiavelli shit it's really, really obvious. This isn't some setup by Mogg, it's exactly what it looks like - his supporters starting on a bunch of shouty protestors, him vaguely wandering in and not doing anything, and the press framing it all as terrible violent left-wing censorship because they want to and they can shoehorn it into that category.

17. The Flying Pig

The Flying Pig Well-Known Member

Antifart what a bunch of sad losers. Middle class, pathetic embarrassment to the left. Unfortunately for the rest of us these same people are the next Rees Moggs. We toil away at our real jobs whilst they don fancy dress for a year or two then move back into their posh home counties homes and jobs in the city. For me it is a toss up for who i despise the most Rees Mogg or the self righteous posho demonstrators. And as for "he hit a girl" ! I thought we were all the same now, of course that once again shows where these cock wombles are really at with their dead on cooler than cool politics.

billbond and juice_terry like this.
  18. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

Yeah I stuck this on the Tory death spiral thread but it probably belongs here:

Beneath the mask, Jacob Rees-Mogg is a dangerous and deceitful bully

'On indefinite secondment from the mid-18th century...'

19. The Flying Pig

Just had another look at the "you just punched a girl" bit! Are those plonkers serious, I really don't think they can have ever seen a real punch.

20. Kaka Tim

Thanks for that. Perhaps - if you have time away from your proletarian toil - you could enlighten us as to what is acceptable political activism. Aside from the worthy pursuit of ignorantly sneering at others via the internet.

NoXion likes this.
  21. The Flying Pig

Firstly pick a worthy cause. Get involved on the street and in your community in spreading awareness of the consequences of government plans for the NHS and how to oppose those plans. Contact your STP's. That should get you up and running for starters.

Tom A likes this.
  22. Geri

Geri wasn't born to follow

I watched it again, from a different angle, and I don't think he punched her at all. He seems to be lifting his hand up as if to push something away.

Pickman's model likes this.
  23. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

yeh that will play well, telling people how to run the campaign from the start :rolleyes:

24. Pickman's model

crossthebreeze and teqniq like this.
  25. Pickman's model

could you name and shame some of these people who have got jobs in the city and posh home counties homes?

or are you just full of shit? my money's on the latter

26. Pickman's model

:rolleyes:

27. Red Sky

Red Sky It was like that when I got here.

The Left, full to the brim of "the only working class person on the Left "

28. Pickman's model

29. Sprocket.

Sprocket. Wishing I was back behind bars...

Himself?

30. Pickman's model

most likely