Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'gaming and consoles' started by Vintage Paw, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Me76

Me76 Not very good lurker

Totally agree with this. It's exactly the same story as killing prostitutes in GTA was. It's not part of a mission, or the story. It's the free actions of the players. Same as you could go round shooting horses or dogs, or men with hats for no reason. That's what a sandbox game does.

2. tommers

tommers Your disco needs you

To be fair the article doesn't say it's the programmers' fault. More that some people who play video games are wankers.

3. Kid_Eternity

Kid_Eternity "You might be a lord but here comes the king."

Fuck me this game is good.

Voley and Me76 like this.
  4. Mr.Bishie

Mr.Bishie Casting his shadow weaving his spell

I'm watching RadBrad's walkthroughs, & he's completed 28 missions (end of Chapter 2) & only 22% into the game! :eek:

I'm getting quite annoyed with how he plays now though - he's still got a Puma skin sat on his nag's arse that's been there for ages - & he ain't cashed in a gold bar worth loads! :mad:

I WANT TO PLAY THIS! :(

Voley likes this.
  5. Mr.Bishie

Voley - send Mrs B a pm & say that she'd love this game & Bish needs a ps4 :)

Voley likes this.
  6. Voley

Voley Knees Up Mother Earth

Tbf to Radbrad or whoever this bloke is, I've had a legendary bearskin stuck on the back of my horse for three days because I haven't found a trapper to sell it to yet. I can get a special outfit made out of it, I was reliably informed when I killed it. But no sign of one yet. AND I WANT TO WALK ROUND DRESSED LIKE A FUCKING BEAR.

Keep wondering if I'm going to get it nicked.

7. spitfire

spitfire Toast

I'm avoiding an area (Saint Denis) because I have a $300 bounty on my head. I ended up getting rid of the smaller one by walking into a sheriff's office and giving myself up. But I seemed to lose my $40 at the same time.

Anyway traded in a load of jewellery jewellery as suggested above and got $180 so thanks for that. :)

Just liberated the Dublin lad from 5-0 and now to see what's next when the nipper is in bed.

I, also, want to walk around DRESSED LIKE A FUCKING BEAR.

Voley and Mr.Bishie like this.
  8. Mr.Bishie

lol :D

Voley likes this.
  9. Voley

moon

I think you might empathise with this bloke:

Mr.Bishie and spitfire like this.
  10. Mr.Bishie

RadBrad is slightly better than that, a good gamer, but fuck me, frustrating in equal measures! :D

As it was moon who posted up his initial walkthrough.

11. Dandred

Dandred Mmmmm Beer!

Getting into this now, finally started to grasp the controls. Still keep pressing R2 instead of L2 though and killing people I want to talk to....

ruffneck23 and steveo87 like this.
  12. steveo87

steveo87 Procrastinating for....a while

Welcome to my world :)

ruffneck23 likes this.
  13. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

Yeah but what did they expect residing in a violent video game?
    If they didn't want to get grizzly murdered they should have moved to Echo the dolphin or something.
    Asking for it really.

Me76 and Ranbay like this.
  14. Kid_Eternity

Yep the amount of people I've had to kill due to accidentally shooting them then them going nuts and trying to gun me down...and then there's the witness who run off to get the law...

15. Ranbay

Ranbay The same rules apply

I shot someone, then someone else came, so i had to shoot him.... repate this for a bit, then i got killed by dogs.

steveo87, hendo and Voley like this.
  16. Kid_Eternity

:D

17. hendo

hendo Fish finger sandwiches

I am so bad at this game. Things go so wrong for me, shooting people by mistake, sometimes shooting my poor horse. Useless at thieving anything at all. I have no money and I can't find a pipe for Dutch. Totally addicted. It's glorious.

D'wards, Voley and blairsh like this.
  18. blairsh

blairsh Reclusive wanker

All your accounts of fumblng controls and fucking up has had me chuckling.

Voley i have been full bear :cool: i took a picture but won't spoil the joy for you :D

steveo87, Me76 and Voley like this.
  19. Voley

Where do you find a trapper then?

20. blairsh

blairsh Reclusive wanker

There are about three or four on me map. Have you bought the leather tools for the camp, so that you can craft shit? Not sure if thats it but my memory is shite :oops:

21. Voley

No not yet. That might be my task for this evening, ta.

22. blairsh

blairsh Reclusive wanker

I've been off all week, so as well as hunting/fishng/playing poker, i've been bossing through the story a bit :oops: getyourlifeout :cool:

Me76 likes this.
  23. Me76

Me76 Not very good lurker

God, I haven't played since my first Thursday last week and I'm not going to have another chance until Monday.

I can't wait.

24. blairsh

blairsh Reclusive wanker

25. Mr.Bishie

Can I ask whether the Xbox controller would be easier than the PS4 for a non gamer to use for a game such as this?

Or is it no different?

26. D'wards

D'wards I'm an excellent driver

Me too. People keep laughing in my face.

Just got back to camp and everyone is all pissed up.
    Just having a sing song. I'm having a great night

Me76 and blairsh like this.
  27. Mr.Bishie

28. D'wards

You can avoid paying bounties by surrendering. It's a bit tricky to do but go to where you're a Wanted man , holster all weapons. Wait until the filth or bounty hunters approach, ensure you have your back turned to them. As they get close push l2 to interact them triangle to surrender.
    They do take some of your money so spunk it all and or donate to camp before surrendering.
    Got out of a $300 bounty by doing that

29. D'wards

Dunno pal, never used an Xbox. Ps4 man over here.
    Although I have heard it looks slightly better on Xbox

Mr.Bishie likes this.
  30. steveo87

steveo87 Procrastinating for....a while

I found out about this after....