Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'gaming and consoles' started by Vintage Paw, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Rosemary Jest

Rosemary Jest Wrong and Unstable

Just a warning, it takes a couple of hours to install...

2. D'wards

D'wards I'm an excellent driver

And then 3 or 4 lovely slow build up training/intro hours before you really get into it

Rosemary Jest likes this.
  3. Rosemary Jest

Just played the first couple of missions, but already feels such an epic game. Enjoying it a lot more than red dead 1 so far. :thumbs:

neonwilderness, D'wards and Voley like this.
  4. High Voltage

High Voltage In the top 97% of Urban's most interesting posters

Argos have just bumped the price up by £50 for the 1tb Pro and RDR2 package - bastards

Luckily is reserved mine the day before at the old price

5. Voley

Voley Ramoner

Epic is the word. I keep thinking I must be nearing the end and realising there's a whole new chapter of stuff to do.

Towards the end of the last chapter I was thinking 'This'll open up Blackwater and that'll be the last bit of the game' but we've all decamped to some caves up North. Cue new characters who want to take me fishing, a couple of other missions appearing on the map etc.

I've been playing it since it came out and I'm only on 65% now.

Chilli.s and neonwilderness like this.
  6. Chilli.s

Chilli.s changed the little words

Such a good game. All the best bits of rdr1 but fine tuned and improved.

Just had my best most expensive horse stolen in an ambush. Me and that nag been through some times... now she's gone... You know its a good game when you've got emotional investment in an imaginary cartoon horse. Still, I revenged the loss with incendiary shotgun shells, no prisoners, dead or alive bounty, killing the leader of the gang and leaving a pile of chared corpses.

Voley and neonwilderness like this.
  7. neonwilderness

neonwilderness What would Badgers do?

If you whistle when someone else is riding your horse it should throw them off.

Has anyone caught the legendary pike yet? I got bored and cancelled the mission after spending ages on it the other night :hmm:

Chilli.s likes this.
  8. Chilli.s

Not possible in this situation. I was killed and respawned to my back up pony standing there. Baddies long gone. My horse may have been killed. Fuck those Lemoyne Raiders.

neonwilderness likes this.
  9. Rosemary Jest

I lost the legendary bear pelt as I did a mission with it on the back of my horse and it disappeared.

Great game though, barely scratched the surface.

Chilli.s likes this.
  10. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

The trapper will still have it to use. You just don't get the money for selling it to him

Rosemary Jest and Chilli.s like this.
  11. Chilli.s

Oh thats good to know, I spend ages galloping about trying not to lose things and get them to where they are supposed to be.

12. neonwilderness

Yeah, if you go and see the trapper in Saint Dennis you can buy a ridiculous bear hat :D

I did a bit more of the main storyline last night. Dutch is a liability :facepalm:

Chilli.s likes this.
  13. Chilli.s

I quite like the bear hat, but the badger hat! Still, I suppose if wearing it you stumble into an ambush, the baddies will be too busy pissing themselves laughing to shoot straight.

14. Orang Utan

Orang Utan razzed up on scrumpy and injustice

It's quite easy, isn't it? The combat, that is.
    Don't think I've been killed by any ambushes yet and I'm rubbish at shooting normally.

neonwilderness and Chilli.s like this.
  15. Chilli.s

I'm rubbish at the shooting too so the easy combat is fine. It's possible to romp through the confrontations playing any style you fancy. It's a great game and makes me hopeful for the future of games as a whole.

I've got a few unexplained problems that I could search for answers but haven't as i want to play totally without spoiler or help. One is hats, the wardrobe has a stolen hats section and of course you can pick them up or swap them. But they just disappear for me.

16. neonwilderness

I finished the main plot with Arthur earlier this week. Still about 20% left to play I think though.

I'm playing as John a few year later now. I'm assuming this'll end up at the start of the original game.

Not sure if I'll be able to continue playing after the ending. I maxed out on good reputation this time, so I might play it again and go for maximum negative rep instead :D

Voley likes this.
  17. Me76

Me76 Not very good lurker

I haven't played for ages. Need to get back in to it.

Got put off last time as I spent about 40 minutes riding up into the snow without adequate clothing, got attacked by wolves, and then was trying to kill a whole gang without enough ammunition

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  18. bellaozzydog

bellaozzydog rolling turds in glitter

I did this two weeks ago...I just don’t have the patience for RDR2

I retired to CODWW2 and even the narrative speaky bits between shooting shit up absolutely rage me out.

I’ve ordered Doom. It’s about my level of brain capacity and patience

19. Rosemary Jest

I'm now on Chapter 4, enjoying it even more I've got into it. Got the White Arabian horse and some fancy clothes as well. :thumbs:

20. neonwilderness

I finished the main plot a couple of weeks ago. I'm having a bit of a rest from it at the moment, then I might start it again and play things differently to see how it affects the storyline.

21. Rosemary Jest

I've now lost my White Arabian horse, it was stolen by bandits. :(

Is there any chance of getting it back?

22. neonwilderness

If you can't find another one you can try to tame it :hmm:

23. Rosemary Jest

So will it respawn, or is it gone forever?:(

24. neonwilderness

Not sure. I think there's a spot in the north west where it appears, so might be worth having a look up there.

Or if you can't be arsed with that I think you can buy one eventually :D

25. Rosemary Jest

May we'll end up buying one then, I had a sick day off work last week and spent most of that trying to tame the damn thing. Not sure if I can go through that again. :D

26. D'wards

You can lasso and break one, it lives in the snow far north west of the map, to the west of the lake

27. Rosemary Jest

I already did that and Hotspot got stolen. :(

I've now got a Black Arabian, Hotspot 2 is even better than the original, even if he cost me 700 odd dollars. :thumbs:

Me76 and neonwilderness like this.
  28. Orang Utan

Orang Utan razzed up on scrumpy and injustice

My horse Ketamine got killed cos i called him while stood across a train track in Saint Denis and he went and got himself squished. :(

29. neonwilderness

I think that's the same one I had. Pretty fast, but it doesn't seem to have any spacial awareness and trips over the slightest thing :facepalm: :D

30. D'wards

I kind of inherited one from a side mission where the guy died and I was after a new nag.
    It was a brilliant horse, can't recall who it was or what type of horse so that's helpful.