recommend me something lush & ambient

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by killer b, Apr 21, 2009.

1. _pH_

_pH_ .

it's by Plaid, that's why I'm listening to it, not cos it's Manga :)

2. Flavour

Flavour hang the bankers

Unfortunately I live in New York now :cool:

3. killer b

killer b Feat. Sean Paul

seriously? nice one. :cool:

we should hang out next time i'm in new york. :)

:(

4. killer b

killer b Feat. Sean Paul

ah, ok. tbh i find a whole soundtrack, divorced of the film it's scoring, rarely satisfies. i'll give it a go though, i like plaid.

5. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

not even aguirre?

6. _pH_

_pH_ .

I know what you mean, but it's still a good un :cool:

e2a: try . it really is stunningly beautiful

7. killer b

killer b Feat. Sean Paul

the whole thing? i dunno. popol vuh aren't one of my favourite kraut bands anyway tbf.

might give it another go though... although kraut is out of my remit tonight...

8. miniGMgoit

miniGMgoit OverWeightUnderAchiever

Another source of excellent ambient music is Stillstream Radio. Its on 24 hours a day and I regularly tune in when at work. They often have live preformances too. I was going to do one once but the logistics of it got a bit to much.
    It can, on occasions be a bit "new age" but only occasionally.
    Guarenteed to hear loads of stuff you've never heard before. I've also never once heard a beat on it :D

9. braindancer

braindancer not for long

Its good, very good, but you need Harmony in Ultra Violet - the best Tim Hecker by a country mile...

10. killer b

killer b Feat. Sean Paul

11. MightyAphrodite

MightyAphrodite rosebud R.I.P.

really???? :eek::eek: :cool:

12. heinous seamus

heinous seamus til clay-cauld death shall blind my ee

How was it then? I caught him last night, had to leave before the end but was enjoying his ambient sounds very much.

13. dlx1

dlx1 Sitting by phone waiting for a call

James Bernard - Atmospherics Still sound :cool:

14. Orang Utan

15. killer b

killer b Feat. Sean Paul

ooh yeah - looks cracking. i'm on a noise-punk / hardcore rave tip atm, but when i need to chill this will be given a good listen to. :cool:

it was great - bit of a sticky moment when i displayed my ignorance about a tune i was playing (the chap who i was chatting to had released it on his record label. whoops), but it was a fantastic night: people seemed to enjoy my choons, the three acts (machinefabriek, the drummer from slowdive doing an experimental t'ing, and xela from type records) were all superb.. they even did a collab at the end.

missed the 11.30 train and had to catch the 3.55 one though. which wasn't superb...

16. braindancer

braindancer not for long

17. Mr Clutch

Mr Clutch Well-Known Member

Really like loads of the artists already mentioned. These are all personal faves from recent times:

Echaskech - Skechbook
    Oblong - Indicator
    Another Electronic Musician - Five
    Tetsu Inoue - World Receiver

The Tetsu album is AMAZING.

18. PacificOcean

PacificOcean Unhinged User

Enya's Watermark?

*runs*

19. May Kasahara

May Kasahara thoughts start with a laser sound

Cool, always glad to spread the word :) You know, I'd love to meet up with the family b one day and talk music over a pint.

Thought I'd take a moment to pimp some of my other half's ambient projects while I'm here: http://www.southfacing.info/

20. Divisive Cotton

Divisive Cotton Now I just have my toy soldiers

I've been listening to '75 collaboration album between Fripp and Eno today, Evening Star

And if you really want something lush and ambient check out Brian Eno's album / track Thursday Afternoon - all 63 minutes of it

21. dweller

dweller muthafuckin snakes

that's a bit old school Enya,
    Amarantine is where its at!! :p
    It even has songs sung in Loxian a made up language!!

22. killer b

killer b Feat. Sean Paul

the thread starter should have the ability to delete innapropriate posts, imo. :mad:

may - it would be cool to hang out over some tunes sometime for sure! i'll give you a shout next time i'm in london if you like (that is where you are isn't it?)

23. PacificOcean

PacificOcean Unhinged User

Enya shot her load after "The Memory of Trees".

Anything after that is Enya Lite.

24. May Kasahara

It's so nice that you think that...but no. We're in Leicester :( ;)

I still cherish the dream of heading up north to meet cyberfairy, among others, so perhaps one day I'll do the grand Cool U75ers North Tour.

25. killer b

killer b Feat. Sean Paul

shit... i was in leicester for a job for a few nights the other month too - i'd have looked you up for sure if i'd have known. :(

26. May Kasahara

Ooh, well, if you're ever passing this way again there's a baby-sick-stained sofa and a tasty home-cooked meal with your name on :)

27. killer b

killer b Feat. Sean Paul

may well be. it seems to be a popular area for traffic surveys ATM...

28. May Kasahara

Cool! Seriously, give us a shout, you're always welcome here :)

29. Divisive Cotton

Divisive Cotton Now I just have my toy soldiers

I like this OU - where did you get it from?

30. Orang Utan

I got it from the We Are Robots site, but check out .thejass' soundcloud as he played at Space in Ibiza for six hours (of all places! Think Richie Hawtin got him in) last summer and some of it is up there.
    Hang on, I'll find it for you
    Here: https://m.soundcloud.com/thejass/dj-set-enter-space-club-ibiza

Oh, and I've recently discovered the old Biosphere album Substrata which is just lovely. Instant classic. Love the bit with the Major's dream soliloquy from Twin Peaks