Question Recommend me some Seedboxs

Discussion in 'computers, web and general tech' started by UnderAnOpenSky, Nov 25, 2015.

1. UnderAnOpenSky

UnderAnOpenSky baseline neural therapy

It's been asked about before, but there aren't any recent threads, so thought a fresh one may be in order.

Ive got painfully slow Internet and need to be able to maintain ratio on private torrent sites. I was thinking of splitting the cost with others to make it more reasonable.

What should you look for when shopping around? Download & Upload speed. Space on server. Amount per month. What else?

I found these as a starting point when looking around last night. Any recommendations?

Xirvik Servers

Underleech Seedboxes

2. UnderAnOpenSky

3. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

If you want to split the cost with others, and you all want to have access to it, I doubt there are any companies that will let you do that on a VPS seedbox, I think you'd have to look at dedicated...... which isn't as expensive as you'd think. However you'd all need to agree on working practices for your seedbox, because otherwise it will get messy and confusing. If you do go that route, realistically you're going to be looking at it being unmanaged, so you'll need a reasonable understanding of linux I would have though.

I've got a VPS seedbox with tal0ne, this is my second from them, I've upgraded as I wanted a larger one and their new plans were better. I've set up sickrage and couch potato on it, so I can literally just add tv shows or films to a list, and the seedbox will automatically scrape torrent day and download new episodes of tv shows and what ever films are on my list...... I can watch and delete using plex...... Occasionally I have to log in to the torrent interface and have a cleanup, but its not the end of the world. Basically the files never get onto my computer, unless I really want to keep them.

As far as maintaining ratio goes, for sites that are very active with files, I've got a ratio of 6, but for a certain well known music site, which is notoriously difficult to maintain ratio for I'm only at 0.64.

souljacker and UnderAnOpenSky like this.
  4. Sasaferrato

Sasaferrato Thank fuck it's not over.

I have a neighbour who is an IT professional, so he would help me with anything to do with Linux, that is what he runs on his home system.

5. Banksy07

Banksy07 Banned Banned

The Seedbox Company is the best Seedbox
    I have been using Seedboxco for some years now and the service has been brilliant. Both platform and support are reliable and easy to use.

I have used other seedbox sites in the past and this one is by far the best for price, interfaces on the site and also the use of plex.

I would also recommend this Seedbox Company for new users as they have designed their site to suit novice users.

6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I heard that they were utterly shit with a shit website designed by a wanker.

maomao likes this.
  7. keybored

keybored #NeverUseTheInternetAgain

I hope the service is as consistent as your reviews.

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 23.44.59.png

krtek a houby, editor and Supine like this.
  8. sim667

Riklet likes this.
  9. mauvais

mauvais change has become unavoidable

I use seedhost.eu, works fine.

10. sim667

Don't know if anyones interested but I've just finished making a seedbox for another urb. I drew up a schematic for them, and I thought whilst I was at it, I'd remove all the details for their logins and make a generic one, so I can show people how mine works (although mine is configured with quickbox as its a lot easier), theirs isn't as I didn't have root access which is a requirement for seedbox.

I've tested the IPTV config on mine and can get it to work, but couldn't record...... I could probably get it recording if I spent a bit more time playing about.

[​IMG]

UnderAnOpenSky likes this.
  11. UnderAnOpenSky

That sounds way to complex for my needs (I don't actually watch that much stuff), but sounds cool as fuck.

12. sim667

To be honest everything on that can be installed via quikbox if you've got root access on a seedbox.

In this instance I couldn't, but I needed to learn how to do it properly anyway.

UnderAnOpenSky likes this.