Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Recommend a football podcast

imposs1904

Thread Killa'
Any recommendations?

I listen to the Guardian's Football Weekly, and have recently got round to checking out Cowan and Cosgrove's Off The Ball. (Not as bad as I thought it would be.)

Tried The Times football podcast but I'm not sure Gabriele Marcotti is my cup of tea.

Any suggestions appreciated.

agricola

a genuine importer of owls
The Football Ramble can be amusing, although it can also be annoying and its not a patch on Football Weekly even at its best.

Fedayn

Rangers podcast? Any good?
It's a mixture of the funny, conspiraloon, thinly veiled bigotry and occasionally the sweaty bejowelled musings of our very own white Idi Amin, Mark 'Grandmaster Suck' Dingwall. Mostly it's David Edgar making a twat of himself.

imposs1904

Thread Killa'

imposs1904

Thread Killa'
It's a mixture of the funny, conspiraloon, thinly veiled bigotry and occasionally the sweaty bejowelled musings of our very own white Idi Amin, Mark 'Grandmaster Suck' Dingwall. Mostly it's David Edgar making a twat of himself.
Listened to an episode. It was ok enough until a couple of them tried to indulge in some cod psychology when talking about Neil Lennon. That was woeful. No idea who David Edgar is. I guess I should google.

dessiato

Proudly European.
I get the Everton podcasts from itunes. Of course being a fan makes them more attractive. But, there might be some directly linked to the teams you follow.

Maltin

Checked out the Tuesday Club. Funny in places but I have to ask, is that Alan Davies's real accent? Seemed a bit cartoonish.
I don't know what his real accent is. He does have a bit of a speech impediment so does sound a bit strange normally. He gets quite animated and loud on the show some times, so I imagine that this is part of his act, but I normally find it entertaining.

BigMoaner

Don't kill the lion
Jon Richardson and matt forde on talk sport back catalogue can be very, very very funny. Convinced forde in this format is one of the funniest men on the planet. Both love their football. It's finished now but just google matt forde Richardson talk sport

sealion

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
I have a few on the go...

Football Daily is a BBC podcast which covers all leagues (mostly premier), cups and general news. It is a pretty good daily roundup.

The Squad Football Pod is another BBC podcast but weekly. More about the sport/competitions in general plus social media coverage/gossip.

The Greatest Game is by Jamie Carragher is one I started recently. Each episode has a player/fan/other discussing their careers and asking what is the greatest game of football that they have ever seen or played in. Am enjoying this one a lot despite it being a bit less polished.

We Came to Win is looking at the World Cup greatest moments/incidents. Not started this yet but like the look of it.

Athletico Mince by Bob Mortimer and Andy Dawson is just funny but not all footy :D

Liverpool
The Anfield Wrap and The Redmen TV
Both of these release free podcasts and also have a paid subscription with more content
Both equally good if you life LFC

Monkeygrinder's Organ

Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager
The Football Ramble can be amusing, although it can also be annoying and its not a patch on Football Weekly even at its best.
I listen to this these days, it's usually quite entertaining. They played some old clips around Christmas time and I think it's a bit slicker than it used to be.

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
Might have already posted this up bit this (#biased) but worth a listen.

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
This is a good one with Trevor Francis:

His parents got a washing machine as a signing on fee :D

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
Another really good one with an old player :cool:

Clyde Best

Plumdaff

joy in people
I listen to Feast of Football - Elis James, Danny Gabbidon and Iwan Roberts. It's a Welsh football podcast, so yes, the focus is on Swansea, Cardiff, Newport, Wrexham and the Wales National Team, but it's also interesting about wider football.