Ready, Steady, Bake (off) 2019

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by hash tag, Aug 15, 2019.

1. clicker

clicker nanook rubs it....

Watching how many fingers are involved with making food :rolleyes: makes me feel a bit yuk. I try to forget that what we often eat has been preened and primped umpteen times. Last night's mucking about with all those layers made me feel queasy.
    Eta looking forward to pastry week... soooo much can go wrong.

Saffy likes this.
  2. 5t3IIa

5t3IIa Registered User

I was pleased Alice stayed :thumbs: She’s a bit twee but I don’t mind it. She was cocking up early on this ep, but when the showstopper sketch came up you could tell she was going to be OK. Henry is also good value, and Steph can win if she wants, I’m not mad. She was v sweet looking at Henry for his reaction as she knew he’d be the Star Baker :)

Not enough melting and sliding for my tastes though :mad:

zora, clicker and Saffy like this.
  3. Pickman's model

Pickman's model every man and every woman is a star

and the number of times you've seen people washing their hands in the series can be counted on the fingers of one hand

clicker and Lupa like this.
  4. hash tag

hash tag member

I'm not sure we want to see hand washing, it does not make for good watching.

5. Pickman's model

Pickman's model every man and every woman is a star

we don't see it

6. 5t3IIa

5t3IIa Registered User

I did think I might try grilling a cake though... I’ve got a load of super bright gel colours left over from a rainbow cake I made so mayyyyybe it could be something I’d try :hmm:

7. hash tag

hash tag member

Not do we wish to. Besides, it's not us eating it.

Chemical needs likes this.
  8. hash tag

hash tag member

9. trashpony

trashpony Ovaries and tings

Yes! I knew they reminded me of something! I have a pack of washing up sponges from Tiger which is exactly the same colours as the health kick bloke's (sorry he's boring and I can't remember his name. David?)

May Kasahara, 5t3IIa and Saffy like this.
  10. trashpony

trashpony Ovaries and tings

Do it! And send a photo to Extra Slice :cool:

5t3IIa and Saffy like this.
  11. Looby

Looby Well-Known Member

Apparently Alice and Henry are a couple and Sandi made a comment last night (that I can’t remember) which made me wonder if they’re already during filming.

12. 5t3IIa

5t3IIa Registered User

WHAT

Looby likes this.
  13. Looby

Looby Well-Known Member

14. 5t3IIa

5t3IIa Registered User

Saffy likes this.
  15. Dovydaitis

Dovydaitis Official fishco fish groupie

I liked Michael

5t3IIa likes this.
  16. 5t3IIa

5t3IIa Registered User

Me too :thumbs: I was surprised he is a personal trainer, because I just was :D

17. Poot

Poot Everyone's a superhero, everyone's a Captain Kirk

Did anyone else like Alice a lot more after learning that her bench always looks like 'a crime scene' compared to everyone else's?

18. Saffy

Saffy Under the duvet..

Yes, I warmed to her a bit then. I had her pinned as a 'stepford' sort.

Rosie always looks uncomfortable when Noel comes to talk to her.

gaijingirl and Poot like this.
  19. Me76

Me76 Not very good lurker

So, (after catching up very late) I think it was the right result, but he was the only one I really liked. Of the ones that are left I really don't give a shit about any of them.

5t3IIa likes this.