Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Reading - things to do, food, drink, gigs and chat

Jon-of-arc

Ransom'd, Stoopid & Roofless
R.I.P.
yes - can do, as and when we summon up the energy.

sundays aren't good for me, that's the only day of the week i'm working regular these days (and no i'm not a clergy-person!)
Cool. When I can be bothered, probably tomorrow, I'll tag everyone in this thread who sez they from Reading and properly sound people out. I don't actually really know anyone, even from urban, but its nice to be nice and that...

skyscraper101

0891 50 50 50
I've been to many crap bars in Reading over the years but I found one the other day which I genuinely felt deserved a recommendation.

The Moderation on Caversham Rd (just near to the Gorge Cafe)

If you like to combine a decent pint and good Asian food, go check it out. They seem to have actual Asian kitchen staff (Vietnemese, Thai possibly?) but also do good Fish and Chips if you prefer that kind of thing. I had this Japanese style bento box which came in an actual authentic wooden box. And the veggie spring roll starter was huge - not the usual measly little bitesize jobbies. They've got sky sport on the telly for football, and its not full of wankers (at least when I was there anyway).

I've been to many crap bars in Reading over the years but I found one the other day which I genuinely felt deserved a recommendation.

The Moderation on Caversham Rd (just near to the Gorge Cafe)

If you like to combine a decent pint and good Asian food, go check it out. They seem to have actual Asian kitchen staff (Vietnemese, Thai possibly?) but also do good Fish and Chips if you prefer that kind of thing. I had this Japanese style bento box which came in an actual authentic wooden box. And the veggie spring roll starter was huge - not the usual measly little bitesize jobbies. They've got sky sport on the telly for football, and its not full of wankers (at least when I was there anyway).
One of my faves this one. Full of rugby cunts some days though.

The Crown over the river is better.

chilango

Der Teufel scheißt immer auf den größten Haufen
I've been to The Moderation. It's good.

The Fisherman's Cottage is my favourite these days. Though I also like the Castle Tap and the Allied Arms.

I've been to The Moderation. It's good.

The Fisherman's Cottage is my favourite these days. Though I also like the Castle Tap and the Allied Arms.
Love the fishermans but it's the other side of town from me so don't get there often. My brother drinks there all the time. Have you ever been to the fox and hounds in caversham? That's a good pub.

mx wcfc

Now this thread has been bumped, here's another Reading gig coming up that I'll be going to. Big fan of hers.

(I grew up around Reading and have worked there for the last 13 years, whilst living in Hants. I used to go to the football a lot, so never lost touch with the place, despite not living there since 1986, and have a bunch of mates there, (centered on the Alehouse!)

Now this thread has been bumped, here's another Reading gig coming up that I'll be going to. Big fan of hers.
:)

will think about that.

although i'm job hunting at the moment, so not sure i want to commit. and if i'm still in the current job, that week isn't going to be a good time. blargh.