Re-Launch Of Rock Against Racism

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by Nigel, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Nigel

Nigel For A Degenerates' Workers State

2. MadeInBedlam

MadeInBedlam Arm the mentally ill

Christ how many anti-fash fronts will the Swaps be running now?

3. Nigel

By appearance and people responding it doesn't look like SWP are involved, in fact 'discussing' this with local Momentum Group; they and SWP appear to be hostile ! Both wanting to hold onto existing SUTR/UAF connections and funding them !

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  4. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

If it's a genuinely non-aligned thing then go for it>

I'm of the generation for which Rock Against Racism was a big deal. We went to the big ANL gigs at Victoria Park and Brockwell Park as 15 year olds. It didn't matter that it was an SWP front. It helped turn people against the fascists at an important time. Kids at school with me were telling paki jokes one week, then turning into anti racists the next week, because of RAR , because of TRB and all sorts of shit like that . If that was because it was fashionable or trendy doesn't matter, RAR, ANL and TRB turned my generation.

It was anti racism and RAR that brought me to the left as a 15 year old,. Long may it remain so.

5. DaveCinzano

DaveCinzano WATCH OUT, GEORGE, HE'S GOT A SCREWDRIVER!

6. Pickman's model

Pickman's model One star in sight

They need dozens as the auld ways no longer bring in enough members

Totoro303 and Nigel like this.
  7. Nigel

Looking at the people involved in this and the way it is going, looks like positive and constructive initiative !

Although you could be critical, both ANL & SWP were different beasts in 1970's/ early 1980's !
    Not deformed into the Frankenstein monster of a cult they are today !

8. Ralph Llama

Ralph Llama ERROR 23 : DEFAULT MODE NETWORK COMPROMISED Banned

What is positive or constructive about it?

9. Nigel

New Logo For Re-Launch Of Rock Against Racism !

10. Ralph Llama

Ralph Llama ERROR 23 : DEFAULT MODE NETWORK COMPROMISED Banned

needs something inserted into the hand IMO :/

11. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

This. RAR was hugely influential and by that measure, successful, first time around. Whether it is ripe for a new generation, we shall see, but I'm up for it.

cupid_stunt, Nigel and mx wcfc like this.