razor blades under fascist stickers - myth or not?

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by Fozzie Bear, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Pickman's model

Pickman's model One star in sight

My thinking was wouldn't break the windows

2. Grump

Grump Well-Known Member

Razor blades are so expensive I would love to be able to get some free just by carefully removing a sticker, especially if they were Gillete Fusion.

Poi E likes this.
  3. M Testa

M Testa New Member

ive heard/read about razor blades in potatoes chucked at/by fascists. Fascists faces being slashed with razorblades by 'Jewish communists' in the good old days or Oswald Morissey (aka the boy with his head up his arse).

4. Boris Sprinkler

Boris Sprinkler Jizz Lasso

Peeling the stickers is a pain in the arse anyway. Keying them works and you would avoid any potential razor blades. I just do this.

scribble.jpg

Yossarian likes this.
  5. Grump

Grump Well-Known Member

When I was a young person, a long time ago, we heard stories of 'bad boys' who would sew razor blades under the lapels of their jackets, so that if you grabbed then in a fight you would slice open your hands. It seems razor blades have a particular place in urban mythology, if I was more into art theory I would suggest this may be a Bunuel influenced fear of the damage a razor blade can do. Apart from Peaky Blinders, I don't think anyone really used razor blades, as opposed to razors, as a weapon.

Smoking kills likes this.
  6. Red Sky

Red Sky It was like that when I got here.

There is something peculiarly off putting about the kind of cuts caused by a very sharp blade like a razor or a Stanley.

Grump likes this.
  7. krink

krink I'll do it this afternoon

I vaguely remember Birmingham City fans song to "hi-ho silver lining" something about "I see your boots are shining, razor blades in your crombie lining"

As for blades under stickers and posters - I've taken hundreds down over the years. Most of them can't even stick them up properly to begin with so I think the razor blade story was definitely fabrication.

ETA: "And it's hi-ho Birmingham City, Everywhere we go there's agro. I see your boots are shining, Razor blades in your crombie lining" :D

8. mrs quoad

mrs quoad Well-Known Member

I hear the tommy Robinson ones aren’t the sharpest.

#instantrimshot.com

SpookyFrank, krtek a houby and Poi E like this.
  9. The Flying Pig

The Flying Pig Well-Known Member

Razor blades under stickers is 100% true. For those that have a family history in the great battle you would not even be asking the question.

10. charlie mowbray

charlie mowbray The Enforcer

I first heard this rumour in 1977. To be frank Tower Hamlets was then festooned with NF stickers ( and some posters)which I and others assiduously and systemically torn down ( There was also actions to remove NF slogans from railway bridges in the borough) and never experienced any gashes or severed fingers during all of that

Fozzie Bear and ddraig like this.
  11. Red Sky

Were you with Aslan or the White Witch?

Celyn and Pickman's model like this.
  12. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I would wager that my Mum was dealing with nazi skins when you were in short pants, but OK. :thumbs:

ETA: Also her Dad died in the 2nd World War, so I guess that is a family history right there if we're getting into it. He was dealing with a bit more than stickers though tbf.

It's funny that it's just you and that one example from the 70s quoted upthread though. The only proper anti-fascist in the village again, eh?

ddraig and Pickman's model like this.
  13. The Flying Pig

I don't find it funny to come out with such tedious and attempted ridiculing remarks. But then again I have seen it all before.

14. The Flying Pig

Keyboard warrior.

15. Red Sky

How would you know ?

Pickman's model likes this.
  16. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Maybe don’t bring people’s families into it if you’re triggered so easily?

Pickman's model and ddraig like this.
  17. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

The Peaky Blinders stuff is allegedly a myth as well

18. Grump

Grump Well-Known Member

How can I now watch my favourite TV series? Next you will be telling me there was never a place called Westoros,

The39thStep likes this.
  19. Pickman's model

Newsflash: not everything on TV is gospel

20. Pickman's model

Westeros up the way from wrexham

21. JuanTwoThree

JuanTwoThree Unintended gear-stick action

Grump likes this.
  22. Grump

Grump Well-Known Member

Good link, I watched half an hour of it and sent him $500 as he says he will pray for an cure for my arthritic knee and a guaranteed place in heaven.

23. Red Sky

Hallelujah

Pickman's model likes this.
  24. LynnDoyleCooper

LynnDoyleCooper Up against the wall motherfucker.

Is this you The Flying Pig?

Red Sky likes this.
  25. Pickman's model

As you never tíre of telling us. No one does it half so well as you, yet all you do is carp from the sidelines. Come down from the skies flying pig and lead us to glorious victory

TopCat and The Flying Pig like this.
  26. The Flying Pig

No but he is one of my relatives.

LynnDoyleCooper likes this.
  27. Grump

Grump Well-Known Member

Always thought he was a bit of a bore. Ooh, look at the tumbleweed rolling over my back garden...

28. justin credible

justin credible Active Member

I regularly removed fascist stickers from lampposts in Camden and never encountered a razor blade. Doesn't mean it never happened but I never encountered one.

29. D'wards

D'wards I'm an excellent driver

The rumour concerning razor blades in water chutes still makes me feel funny to this day

Throbbing Angel likes this.
  30. keybored

keybored ㋛̶̶̵̙̜̝̖̝̭̎̀̔̌̕

:D

This sounds like a variation of the "Razor blades melted into the bottom of water slides" myth.