1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racism in Lambeth and Brixton

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by Lee Japser, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Lee Japser

Lee Japser Well-Known Member

Have you heard ‘Not Welcome (Donald Trump Mega Mix)’ by Lee Jasper on #SoundCloud? #np

2. cuppa tee

cuppa tee Well-Known Member

very catchy.......is this getting a commercial release ?

3. GarveyLives

GarveyLives Well-Known Member

Another Honey Glazing hit here:

4. GarveyLives

GarveyLives Well-Known Member

Two weeks after the ascendancy to ancestorship of former central Brixton resident, Darcus Howe, and one week after the anniversary of the Brixton Riots, here is an example:

5. Lee Japser

Lee Japser Well-Known Member

6. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

Sounds like a mirror image of the normal leaving to get a senior job in Securicor (or even the Church of England) so disciplinary action "has to be halted".

7. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

Trying to work this one out. I take it that the Met want to stop officers up for sack from defending themselves using the Equalities Act. If the Met get this other government bodies will use this as a precedent?

Basically someone defending themselves will not be able to argue that discrimination on race or gender is connected to the Met trying to sack them? That the Met will not have to prove that discrimination plays no part in this?

This thus weakens the range of the Equality Act. With Brexit looming the Equality Act is the only way to defend ones self as , now "we have our borders back" there will be no recourse to EU human rights legislation? I did think the European Court of Human Rights was separate from the EU? So not necessarily affected by Brexit?

Seems to me that if there is Equality Act it should not be allowed to have get out clause of Judicial Immunity. If the Met is so sure it does not discriminate it shouldn't be afraid of it being using in dismissal cases.

Can you explain more the background Lee Japser ?

I've looked at this

Black Activists Rising Against Cuts. (BARAC)

But feel I'm guessing as not expert on the Equalities Act.

8. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

IMHO the authorities are trying to rule out equalities issues being cited in disciplinary cases, as you suggest. Maybe Lee Japser will confirm.
    Having been through an ET case revolving around disability issues, I note that the English/American common law system dictates that the parties take positions which may well involve lying through their teeth and allege breeches of law or neglect of duty in a quadrille around potential compensation.

I am wondering what happens in Europe, where the situation is more inquisitorial. Do European police officers have tribunals, and how do they operate?

Gramsci likes this.