Quiz: where in Brixton is this?

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Jun 22, 2013.

1. editor

editor hiraethified

2. Ol Nick

Ol Nick beer in Brixton

Well. "North Brixton" is on Brixton Road, on a short gatepost just south of the Islamic Centre.
    "West Brixton" is on Acre Lane outside Trinity Homes.

But so, where are the elusive South and East? You've got to imagine they're out there on Brixton hill and CHL, but do they survive? Please keep a look out...

3. cuppa tee

cuppa tee Well-Known Member

aargh....i knew the west brixton one, but the north brixton one eluded me and i must have walked past it almost every day for the last 20+ years, and thru that gate quite a few times as well because that house is the old butterfly recording studios and former residence of record producer and musician Martin Glover aka PIgYouth of punk combo killing joke, looking at the gate post today you'd have to look hard to see any inscription at all....

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    Ol Nick likes this.
  4. cuppa tee

cuppa tee Well-Known Member

hope its ok to post this while we are still seeking south and east brixton

DSC_0000046.jpg

anyone else noticed this local landmark, i am fairly sure this impressive collection of sneakers is a now permanent/semi permanent installation, rather than just someone airing their pumps, its out in the open for public view and probably passed by thousands daily.......who knows where it is.......?

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    Ol Nick and friendofdorothy like this.
  5. Ol Nick

Ol Nick beer in Brixton

Wow! The things that have happened in Brixton Road. I can’t remember why I ever noticed it. I think I noticed the one further south that says Groveway so started checking them all out.

cuppa tee likes this.
  6. editor

editor hiraethified

OK. I'm back with a new one.

2019-07-10_191457.jpg

7. happyshopper

happyshopper Well-Known Member

brixtonblade and editor like this.
  8. editor

editor hiraethified

Damn! Well done sir.