Question Time tonight

Discussion in 'UK politics, current affairs and news' started by treelover, Mar 6, 2014.

1. killer b

killer b No Hateration, No Holeration. in this Dancery

Tulip Siddiq seems to think she's one of her constituents?

2. gosub

gosub ~#

Four different people have told me she lives in Fleet.

3. killer b

well they've been hauling Siddiq out to criticise Johnson when they've wanted her MP to speak on the news.

4. gosub

gosub ~#

5. killer b

That's great. Tulip Siddiq was on the telly the other night saying she was one of her constituents is all I know. I don't know why she'd be invited onto newsnight in that role unless she was, but maybe they made a mistake.

6. gosub

gosub ~#

maybe she had safehouses all over the country:hmm:

[/not helping]

7. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

The one about just because divorce is legal, it isn’t compulsory (in relation to Catalonia)

imposs1904 likes this.
  8. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

Charles Moore seemed to use a couple of unarguable pieces of logic. Firstly, that if you employ lots of people to make your billions for you then you're entitled to move your money offshore. Secondly, that Boris Johnson is has greater morals than Iran's theocratic rulers, and therefore doing a great job. What a hero.

dweller likes this.
  9. stavros

I finished watching it this evening, and it was worth it to see Moore squirm when Chakrabortty read out his 2015 piece on Labour leadership contender Yvette Cooper.

Riklet likes this.
  10. stavros

Oh, forgot to mention; Moore also told a 17 year old boy that he, the boy, had a better opinion of women than Weinstein, Fallon et al because he "hadn't experienced power yet".

11. kabbes

kabbes "A top 400 poster"

I thought that was a poor attempt to express a valid point, namely that it isn’t about people being inherently good or bad but about the experiences that shape them, and there is thus a structural problem that inevitably arises when things are set up to give the likes of Weinstein unlimited power with no checks on his ability to use it.

People in the studio got hung up on the notion that Moore was saying this specific boy was a rapist in waiting, but I don’t think that was in any way his point.

12. Riklet

Riklet procrastinación

I dont know why there was such tutting at that. Seemed like a very valid point and very true generally. Moore for example has had his stiff of relative journo power and look at some of the shit he wrote and spouted unopposed.

He didnt come across too badly though nonetheless, some good points made.

Im waiting for tonight's to be up on YouTube.

13. Ax^

Ax^ Silly Rabbit

plastic bottle of buckfast

and the guy from the sun is an alcoholic

:thumbs:

14. Doctor Carrot

Doctor Carrot Bear Grylls grills bare bears

Everytime I watch this bloody program I'm just depressed as to how propagandised people are.

15. stavros

It's very disappointing that the Paradise Papers and tax reform in general seem to have disappeared from political discourse already.

16. SaskiaJayne

SaskiaJayne Rural Guerrilla

It’s because it’s not sensational news. We already knew the rich evade taxes by stashing their money offshore & we already know the tories will never seriously tax the rich or seriously do anything about the rich evading taxes.

Kaka Tim likes this.
  17. stavros

Perhaps by maintaining it in the media eye enacting some change may become electorally viable. QT revisits the many of the same topics every week. This is the appearance of the Magic Money Tree which we told didn't exist.

There's been virtually no discussion on climate change for months, even though COP23 is underway at the moment.

18. stavros

Credit to Abbott for explaining to Clark that sensibly regulated capitalism doesn't instantly turn a country in Cuba or Venezuela, and credit for QT for opening with "Is capitalism a bit shit?" as a first question.

Riklet likes this.
  19. Riklet

Riklet procrastinación

Yeah was very much enjoying that! Got my vpn workin finally ;)

Shame it got cut short. Diane Abbot wasn't too bad eh, one cringe moment when she didn't answer the direct democracy question, a real missed opportunity imo.

20. stavros

I'm not sure I'd come across Dreda Say Mitchell before, but she seemed relatively sensible. Her hair also deserves massive respect.

21. Ax^

Ax^ Silly Rabbit

new leader of ukip say's if you been a member of britian first you cannot be part of ukip

:hmm:

also "loads of muslim friends"

:facepalm:

stavros and Calamity1971 like this.
  22. Ax^

Ax^ Silly Rabbit

fair play to the replacement troy...

still a cunt but hell of a preformance to follow

23. dweller

dweller muthafuckin snakes

I don't know why they're mentioning Fleet as far as I know she and her husband live in West Hampstead which is in Siddiq's constituency.
    That is where they had a rally recently at which Siddiq was questioned by Channel 4 News.

24. gosub

gosub ~#

Took me a while to work it out: the mother in law lives there; and has been campaigning hard, though as I said her MP has done f.a

dweller likes this.
  25. sealion

sealion Well-Known Member

Gina Miller, Piers Morgan , Dawn Butler , Nish Kumar and Dominic Raab on tonights show from Islington.

26. Ax^

Ax^ Silly Rabbit

damn you sir i'm now listening to piers

sealion likes this.
  27. sealion

Could be worse if i had to see him too! God bless the Radio :D

Calamity1971 and Ax^ like this.
  28. sealion

I wonder how much Miller and her hedge fund hubby have to lose.

29. Ax^

Ax^ Silly Rabbit

30. sealion

The Mcdonnell point was nicely swerved!