QUESTION: PLEASE HELP NAME THIS CLASSIC 90'S TRACK

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by ChristianB, May 25, 2014.

1. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

ChristianB has left quite a legacy.

Registered and started a thread, stuck around for 4 days, then never came back. Yet his thread lives, pulling in new members from the internet who feel the need to register just to answer his poignant question: PLEASE HELP NAME THIS CLASSIC 90'S TRACK

I get the feeling this is how religions start.

May Kasahara, BassJunkie and plurker like this.
  2. killer b

killer b Feat. Sean Paul

I thought it must come high in the google ranking for 'trance with african singing', which it does.. but it turns out it comes top of google for anyone searching for a song with african singing in it :eek:

nogojones and Fez909 like this.
  3. krink

krink I'll do it this afternoon

and yet the answer was given pages ago:

Fez909 likes this.
  4. Becs

Becs New Member

Right, well that's not exactly the 'being carried on the shoulders of my delighted and grateful peers through crowded streets' kind of response I was anticipating :)

nogojones likes this.
  5. Papillon88

Papillon88 New Member

Searching for this song brought me to this thread so I had to sign up and post it..... What a tune!!

Screenshot_2018-04-15-21-07-26-22.png

6. cantsin

cantsin Well-Known Member

break at 4.15mins : piano's and (Templehead) chant ?

7. Shazam101

Shazam101 New Member

It's obviously the song "Seve" by Tez Cadey

8. Shazam101

Shazam101 New Member

9. Rutita1

Rutita1 Scum with no integrity, apparently.

Nah, it's one of the original mixes of this. :cool:

nogojones likes this.
  10. crossthebreeze

crossthebreeze Well-Known Member

For some reason known only to themselves, the lads in the flat downstairs from me in my (and their) first year of uni played that song at top volume every time any of them did the washing up. For the entire year we lived there. Used to do my bloody head in.

krink likes this.
  11. HelloWorld

HelloWorld New Member

Hi, I have registered just to answer this question as this thread is the top search engine result.

[​IMG]

I have the answer to the song that the first poster was looking for back in 2014 with the African children singing music in a pop-type song back in the 1990s, or some might remember the 1980s - but it was in the 1990s.

Basically the song was used in a TV advert in the 1990's advertising a Building society/Bank in the UK. The bank was Cheltenham & Gloucester. It was aired in the UK with a little boy swimming underwater through some old ruins near a tropical reef. He comes across these divers which are looking for treasure. The little boy swims into a cave and through a school of of fish. He finds a large clam on a plinth and takes it to the surface. He finds a huge pearl inside the clam to the dismay of the divers!

This piece of music in the advert is at this link

Karl Jenkins & Adiemus - Cantilena
    (I have written the full title, as youtube tends to delete copyrighted music videos over time).

The Advert is at this link:

There is something like 8 different variations of the advert at this playlist:

They don't make adverts or music like this anymore in 2018!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  12. londonkid

londonkid Well-Known Member

Have you found at the name? I'm really curious now. Hate it when this happens. I had this with a track I was trying to find for 5 years.
    Its was one

Rutita1 likes this.