Qatar World Cup: £3m payments to officials' corruption claim

Discussion in 'football' started by editor, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Batboy

Batboy Trumpeting is good for you...

I recently listened to an interview with some of the delegation who pitched the UK's bid, they publicly stated how difficult and awful Blatter is. I am amazed at Blatter being proposed for a 5th term, its cronyism of the highest order. In fact this is the same problem with the FA, football is an old boys network, I have even seen it at grassroots level with the FA. It's quite depressing.

The Qatar World Cup scandal could be a catalyst for change, I'm almost wishing it... they don't deserve to stage the event on the basis of their safety record and complete disregard for the welfare of the migrant workers, let alone the bungs that have gone on.

Of course the old boys at FIFA with Blatter heading the junta will be shitting themselves over the legal challenge from the Qatari's, should they cancel the World Cup being staged there. They have quite a bit of money to sue FIFA. The lawyers must be rubbing their hands in anticipation. I think this notion alone will dictate the World Cup going ahead in Qatar.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
    Wilf likes this.
  2. Batboy

Batboy Trumpeting is good for you...

nd
    Good idea... but Can't see that happening

3. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Did Blatter not say that racism can be cured with a handshake some time ago? If he is right then there is no issue here is there?

Bahnhof Strasse likes this.
  4. TitanSound

TitanSound Mr Beardy Drummer

The man is a crook.

Wilf likes this.
  5. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

I am shocked by this. Until now nobody would have guessed :(

SpookyFrank likes this.
  6. TitanSound

TitanSound Mr Beardy Drummer

Lies! :D

Badgers likes this.
  7. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

Yeah - if you look at the people involved in football admin at all levels you just can't see how else any of them got there. Who the fuck are these people with all this power?

I suspect there'll be an alternative, more club-focussed approach emerging at some point, dominated by the big clubs. And these people are so awful that will seem like an improvement.:facepalm:

8. DotCommunist

DotCommunist slowtime

hang on, a deal so obviously fraudulent that my sainted grandmother would grow suspicious is dismissed because english=racist now? what a cheek.

9. Bahnhof Strasse

Bahnhof Strasse A-wob a-bob bob

Yeah, slimy Swiss fucker.

SpookyFrank likes this.
  10. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank If it's alive, don't lick it.

Only a man who knows he's so well paid-up and connected he couldn't possibly lose his job would have the front to come up with this kind of shit.

11. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

Well yes, but it doesnt necessarily have to be like that. Sort the FA out and its possible to see UEFA being sorted out (which wouldnt be that hard, they would just have to reform European club football into a format that doesnt encourage idiotic spending, ideally by some form of salary cap, reform of the Europa League and the return of the ECWC), and it is not that much of a step to cleaning FIFA up because we have nearly all of the sponsors, money and whatnot.

I do think the Qatar World Cup will go ahead though, the money spent and lives lost on all the building work will see to that.

12. DotCommunist

DotCommunist slowtime

you recon the loss of face all round would be to great to stop qatar going ahead? I dunno- it's not happening for a good few years yet and anything could happen. Game of two halfs and several billion in bribes

13. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

Noone would bribe them again if they thought that FIFA would just weasel out of it a few years down the road.

Maltin likes this.
  14. DotCommunist

DotCommunist slowtime

a good thing! lets clean out the augean stables!

I take your point though- if they don't stay bought nobody will buy them again

15. deadringer

deadringer meat pie sausage roll

I think he proposes himself! Didn't he stand unopposed last time? The whole thing is a crock of shite. What's needed is a large group of European countries to group together, get Brazil, Argentina on board and force through a vote of no confidence and threaten to leave FIFA unless there are wholesale changes.

Fifa and relevent FA's should be packed with ex players who would be respected. Gary Lineker could be doing some good in our FA, people would respect him he has played at the highest level and conducted himself well throughout his career. Totally wasted presenting MOTD and tweeting all fucking day.

Kaka Tim and Supine like this.
  16. Wilf

Wilf Dances like a Christian

"Dear Fifa, we bribed you in good faith..."

17. Gingerman

Gingerman Is a great bunch of lads.....

Septic Bladder has good reason to complain about racism seeing how well FIFA have dealt with the issue over the years.......

18. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Blatter:

That has cleared it all up then :)

19. DotCommunist

DotCommunist slowtime

I don't think Blatter has taken into account the debilitating effects of microgravity sustained over long periods of time. It's all very well flying a team out to play Dynamo Kupier Belt FC- but if they are wrecked in bone and muscle tone when they get there it's going to be an absolute massacre

20. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank If it's alive, don't lick it.

There's also cardiovascular atrophy to think about.

21. Kaka Tim

Kaka Tim Crush the Saboteurs!

[​IMG]
    The Arsenal Back Four. 2486 AD.

22. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

:hmm:

Theresa May floats the idea of UK-Ireland World Cup 2030 bid during Belfast speech | Buzz.ie

23. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

God she’s desperate.

agricola and editor like this.