Punk 1976-78: Sex Pistols and the rise of punk rock documented at the British Library

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by editor, May 12, 2016.

1. editor

editor hiraethified

2. Pickman's model

Pickman's model every man and every woman is a star

3. editor

editor hiraethified

Um, if you're taking photos without flash (as I did), then it's going to degrade the material no more than if you're just looking at them.

4. Pickman's model

upload_2016-5-12_11-55-45.png
    i see no 'but we allow you to take pictures without flash' exemption.

in addition, as this link says, "Photochemical action is a chemical change at the molecular level and is the more profound transformation resulting from the exposure to light. The most potent sources of these destructive energies come from just beyond the limits of visible light—ultraviolet (UV) and infrared (IR) light". what sort of light does your camera use for the focus?

5. editor

editor hiraethified

I used manual focus. And I was at the press launch where photography was explicitly permitted.

How much longer are you going to try and trash this thread about PUNK ROCK with this tedious and off topic nit-picking?

6. Pickman's model

thank you for elaborating: and i am glad you took measures to prevent damage to the exhibits. one of my bugbears is people taking pictures at exhibitions, as so much photography does damage the exhibits. while there will be hundreds if not thousands of record covers, the gig tickets in mint condition are almost certainly unreplaceable.

btw i enjoyed your blog article

7. editor

editor hiraethified

8. Pickman's model

back in january 1988 there was a do at the 100 club to mark 10 years since the pistols' last gig, where there were stalls selling all manner of memorabilia (including a copy of 'god save the queen' on a&m). i got a few things there (tho' not the rare single!). were you there?

& back in '87 or '88 jamie reid had an exhibition at the camden arts centre just off the finchley road, with lots of his work from before, during & after the sex pistols: it was very interesting to see some of his suburban times artwork.

9. editor

editor hiraethified

Love this footage

clicker likes this.