1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pubs in Balham?

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by 5t3IIa, Nov 9, 2009.

1. upsidedownwalrus

upsidedownwalrus RIP R.I.P.

My mate lives in Balham, and we go to the Bedford when I've visited him but it's nothing that remarkable tbh other than it's nearish his house...

2. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

bar viva is a good bar if its the one i am thinking of, tiny place next to Du Cane to the south

Bedford can be alright as you say to go and see somethingh

i hate the Exhibit

Duke of Devonshire is good and it's got a wicked curry house next to it.

not been out in Balham for a while though, used to have friends and exes round there but they all moved away

3. discokermit

discokermit Well-Known Member

yes.

4. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

random dull fact, in a previous life i delivered all the fluorescent light fittings and tubes to Du Cane Court when they were being replaced in the corridors.

that was a fuck of a lot of fittings and tubes

that place is huge.

Pat24 likes this.
  5. London_Calling

London_Calling Pleasant and unpatronising

Yep, Duke of Dev looks like it's undergone a major upgrade since my day.

6. Belushi

Belushi 01 811 8055 R.I.P.

It's the biggest private apartment block in Europe iirc.

I actually prefered it before they gave the corridors a coat of paint and new lighting - the old flickery lights gave it the atmoshpere of the shining :D

7. Chz

Chz Stark Raving Sane

If you actually like beer, the Clarence is about the only option. The Dev's certainly gone downhill. Bedford is a great event venue, but a terrible pub. If you want a quiet pint, head down the sidestreets and find the Grove.

For cocktails, there's both a Be@1 and an Adventure, both more than good enough albeit loud and soulless.

As for Wetherspoons... One does not go into Wetherspoons outside of Zone 1 in London. :eek: :eek:

8. ash

ash Inittogether

We're meeting friends in Balham any current advice for a pub that's not too noisy and we will probably get a seat early Sun evening. Traditional type pub if possible??

9. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Even the pubs just down the road in tooting are pretty hip these days.

10. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Wetherspoons or the Bedford... both likely to be busy and noisy.

11. kevin02

kevin02 Member

Balham bowls club is supposed to be good(never been in there) you probably won't have any trouble getting a seat in most pubs in balham sunday evening apart from the weatherspoons