Protest the National Autistic Society

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by MadeInBedlam, Mar 9, 2019.

1. MadeInBedlam

MadeInBedlam Arm the mentally ill Enforced Holiday

Please come out and support us in protesting the National Autistic Society on March 29th 11.30 - 3.30pm details here:

Autism charity escapes prosecution over care home bullying

'A charity that ran a care home where autistic people were taunted, bullied and humiliated by staff has escaped prosecution over its failings.

The National Autistic Society has agreed to pay a £4,000 fixed penalty notice instead of facing a potential prosecution over Mendip House in Somerset.'

Our protest last year:

We cannot let this go unchallenged we MUST speak out on this.

These people did not deserve this.

BristolEcho, littleseb and Chilli.s like this.
  2. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Starry Wisdom

Shouldn't you protest the people who decided a slap on the wrist was sufficient?

3. MadeInBedlam

Dunno, why don’t you set out why ‘we’ should

4. Pickman's model

You were we in the OP so why 'we' now? Obvs you should picket the people who decided on a slap on the wrist because they have prevented any genuine justice in this case.

5. MadeInBedlam

Where in the OP was this ruled out?

6. Pickman's model

The decision to picket the nas suggested it wasn't on the cards. Your derisive second post confirmed it.

7. MadeInBedlam

Lol you sad fuck

maomao likes this.
  8. Pickman's model

what's really sad is the unfortunate organisers of this picket having you publicising it here and alienating people who might otherwise have attended

9. MadeInBedlam

Yeah alright :)

Missing your glory days in the NHS litigation authority - turning down attempts for accountability?

10. Pickman's model

No, it's more than 15 years since I was at the nhsla and I don't remember any employer who frowns on a lunchtime glass of wine with affection

11. MadeInBedlam

Well I’m sorry to hear about your personal troubles, but perhaps you could take it to a support group?

12. 8ball

8ball Bar Bore Silver Medallist

The NAS is a pretty dodgy outfit. Can’t say this comes as a surprise to me.

MadeInBedlam likes this.
  13. Pickman's model

Yeh I could if you can suggest one which deals with things sorted out in the dim and distant past

14. MadeInBedlam

All’s well that ends well

15. BristolEcho

BristolEcho Well-Known Member

You can and should target the abusers too.

I can't understand your motivation to undermine people's action. I came across the same sort of shit when we protested against Mencap.

Almor and MadeInBedlam like this.
  16. Pickman's model

Yeh this was an and not an or

If I'd wanted to undermine the action I'd have undermined the action by questioning the basis of it, which I haven't done as obvs action on this important. I can't understand your motivation in seeing undermining where it doesn't exist.

17. BristolEcho

BristolEcho Well-Known Member

Your initial response was not one of support, but rather to point out that the target should be something else. Had you have indicated that you believed in the action, but also asked about targeting the local authority then I doubt your posts would have received the response they did.

18. Pickman's model

the squiggle at the end of that post, that's a question mark, making it a suggestion for action to complement that in the OP. And digs about alcoholism entirely in keeping with the range of responses I'd expect from MadeInBedlam

19. MadeInBedlam

Eh?

20. Argonia

Argonia Happy go licky

I used to work for the NAS, sad to hear about this

Pickman's model likes this.
  21. MadeInBedlam