1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pros and Cons of living in Swansea after almost two years ...

Discussion in 'Wales/Cymru' started by William of Walworth, Nov 5, 2010.

1. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

about Swansea yes, not about autism or any other slur

2. stuart77

stuart77 New Member

Ok fine deleted sorry if it offended anyone

ddraig likes this.
  3. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

nice one

stuart77 likes this.
  4. nathan80

nathan80 New Member

hi am a single dad of four black English with mixed white children I will be moving to sa1 from London sw15 I am throwing myself to a new way of life and to give my kids a different influence as my son of 15 is living with his mum and selling drugs with his mother's boyfriend. I do not want the same for my other kids so want a fresh start. I don't speak Welsh and hope me and my children would be welcomed in Swansea. I just want to know if we would be looked at as aliens lol and if i would live a peaceful life with no racism especially being black English carribean and my two boys and two girls mixed white. I care nothing if there's black people around just as long as I feel welcomed and my kids have a good influence in their life's. I just want the best for them and me and will do the same for my fellow neighborhood and people of Swansea. I hope you can give me some insights. thank you for your post and for listening.

5. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

nathan80 : thanks for replying.

I will need to give this some thought.

Any answer I try and give will inevitably be complicated, being a former-London-dwelling incomer myself.

However, you will very likely find that Swansea is great for schools and kids and family-friendly atmosphere (apologies for not knowing too much beyond that -- we're just a no-kids couple with 2 cats and a campervan here :D :oops: )

Be aware that there are very few non-white people in Swansea, to an extreme extent compared to some similarly-sized UK cities. I doubt there'd be many (hopefully no) problems for you, and I hope not -- see the schools, etc point above.

But 'the not too many BME folk about' point, which is obvious every time we go out, will definitely be a culture-shock from London! Even we find that, and we go to Bristol/Cardiff a lot too, where the contrast is far less apparant..

Good luck with it all though, and I promise to try and reply some more when I've had more time to think about it properly :)

6. phillm

phillm Trolling through Life (TM)

7. phillm

phillm Trolling through Life (TM)

In jbishop style I'm replying to myself - found this over on a copyright notice on kiwifarms - so 99% sure he has been amongst us...

2016-08-16 - Jonathan Edward Bishop: "CloudFlare received a DMCA copyright infringement complaint"

Reporter's Name: Jonathan Edward Bishop
    Copyright Holder's Name: Jonathan Bishop Limited
    Reporter's Email Address: jonathanbishop@jonathanbishop.com
    Reporter's Title: In-House Counsel
    Reporter's Company Name: Jonathan Bishop Limited
    Reporter's Telephone Number: 1 302 394 9454
    Reporter's Address: PO Box 674 Swansea, Wales GB
    Reported URLs: