Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Proposed improvements to Rosendale Road, inc. new school crossings, walking & cycling improvements

Brixton Hatter

Home is south London mate
Lambeth Council have published new and updated plans for improvements to Rosendale Road, including various new zebra crossings, new crossings outside Rosendale Primary school, safety improvements to various junctions (e.g. removal of the dangerous mini-roundabout at the junction with Turney Road), as well as new trees, benches, landscaping and measures to reduce traffic speed etc. Perhaps most importantly there is proposed a two-way segregated cycle track, which will offer kids and adults a safe cycling route between Gipsy Hill and Brockwell Park. Amazing potential improvement for local kids, especially those who go to the various primary schools in the area, to be able to cycle safely between home, school and the park.

More info here.

This won't get built unless locals support it. If you're interested, please respond to the consultation here. It only takes a few minutes.

RubyToogood

can't remember what goes here
Doesn't go far enough. I mean literally, it doesn't go far enough - why does it all peter out at Myton Rd? What's really needed is, as the project title says, a safe cycling route from BP to GH. Not from BP to somewhere vaguely near GH.

colacubes

Doesn't go far enough. I mean literally, it doesn't go far enough - why does it all peter out at Myton Rd? What's really needed is, as the project title says, a safe cycling route from BP to GH. Not from BP to somewhere vaguely near GH.
Agreed wholeheartedly. I’m totally pro the recommendations but they should actually extend them all the way to Gipsy Hill.

Brixton Hatter

Home is south London mate
Agreed.

I'm almost certain the reason is: this would require the removal of on-street parking at the south end of Rosendale Road, on Tritton Road and on Clive Road. And as we know, there's nothing more guaranteed to make people go absolutely batshit fcuking angry than the idea that they can't park their precious car directly outside their house on public land.

I'm willing to try to get this built now and fight that next battle later...