1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proper techno nights in London atm

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by ska invita, Nov 2, 2014.

1. teuchter

teuchter je suis teuchter Banned

boohoo likes this.
  2. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Domination Snert

Oval Space have British Murder Boys on the 25th.:eek:

3. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

there seems to be loads of techno on at that new Printworks place in canada water, massive venue in an old print works. don't know if anyones been?

4. teuchter

teuchter je suis teuchter Banned

Haven't been but someone was telling me about that, I'd like to check it out.

5. evildacat

evildacat bunchie‑santa.gif

Would like to see the new show Ben Klock is currently touring supposed to have some nice visuals all integrated with the music I think its on in April at Print works but I doubt I will be able to get to it. Would have liked to of seen the Melt night on Saturday but couldn't convince my mates I was with to part with the cash to see it though they are not really into their dance music that much and would have probably spoilt the night.

6. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Master Of Shambolics

they don't do nighttime events yet, do they?

7. evildacat

Think they are on till 11 or 12 but not passed that point yet. Might even finish as early as 10.

8. braindancer

braindancer not for long

Sounds just up my street :)

blossie33 likes this.
  9. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

someone i was talking to last week said they were doing all nighters, they hadn't actually been though and might have got it wrong, i thought it was just day time things. which sounds ok to me..

10. danski

danski I might just do you in.

Could only really manage something in the day. Although, if I went to bed a few hours earlier I could get up at peak rave time.

11. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Old gits techno day out?;):thumbs:

blossie33 and danski like this.
  12. lefteri

lefteri Well-Known Member

Reports that printworks has iffy sound are putting me off checking it out

13. jimbarkanoodle

jimbarkanoodle Well-Known Member

Its definitely only day time events, and probably likely to stay that way. Licensing and general authorities cant trust adults to go clubbing at night time anymore it would seem.

14. lefteri

The irony is that as daytime events they're more likely to attract people munted from the night before

Orang Utan likes this.
  15. danski

danski I might just do you in.

And I wouldn't dream (be capable, really) of going out at night whereas I'd happily get wankered in the day, knowing I could still get to bed at a decent time

lefteri likes this.
  16. evildacat

Not heard anything about the sound system, have they said what it is lacking or poor set up ect ect?
    Looking at the pictures from the Melt night and looks very impressive but not even heard a recording from their yet or a review on the sound system.

The Photon night thing that Ben Klock is touring looks good but I highly doubt I will be able to get to this either, gutted I missed Ellen Allien and haven't seen Liebing for a while either.

Are they struggling to get a over night license due to residents like the tobacco dock does?

17. Orang Utan

Berghain vibes

lefteri likes this.
  18. jimbarkanoodle

jimbarkanoodle Well-Known Member

Likewise with Tobacco Dock, it attracts huge numbers of nob heads from Essex and other home counties who can come for the day and still bugger off home on the last trains out of London.

lefteri likes this.
  19. DJWrongspeed

DJWrongspeed radio eros

from RA
    Intrigued that the venue is sound proofed. Like to visit but know it'll be ludicrously expensive and don't want to experience any anal probing on entry :rolleyes: especially at such an early hour.

lefteri likes this.
  20. lefteri

Eurgggh - the 'front' - there shouldn't be any front and back in a nightclub

21. Orang Utan

yeah, that review is like a review of a gig. And more is said about the 'performance' of the DJs than the actual music

lefteri likes this.
  22. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

No, apparently everyone is too old to go and have fun here.

(including me)

23. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Oh I don't know I reckon I could manage a bit of a rave, as long as I'm home in time for bed.

/hardcore

24. green.tea

green.tea POWER and FIRE!

25. Orang Utan

I'm not. Off to this in a few weeks:
    I Love Acid - Tenth Anniversary

lefteri likes this.
  26. Orang Utan

27. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

I'm djing at a rave this friday, for the first time in my life.

Monkeygrinder's Organ and Dan U like this.
  28. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Link?

29. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

30. Monkeygrinder's Organ