1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proper techno nights in London atm

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by ska invita, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Rik

Rik Well-Known Member

I think it's about not going in a crowd. When I've gone with just one other person I've enjoyed it more. Really keen on this night..

2. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Domination Snert

That's a great line up isn't it. I'd really like to catch Perc in particular at some point.

Still too crowded mind.

3. Monkeygrinder's Organ

So I went to this last night. Really good little party. A proper dark low-ceilinged room (there was one very tall bloke there who basically had his head on the ceiling), good music, a friendly crowd and, because they keep it to 100 advance tickets, SPACE. And a ten minute bus ride home from Rye Lane in the early hours. ska invita I think you'd be into it.

danski, Orang Utan and ska invita like this.
  4. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

Sounds like a dream come true

5. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Actually if I had one criticism I think they could maybe get a bit more atmosphere with a few more people in there.:D But that's very churlish given my repeated moaning about crowds - it was certainly a lot nicer than cramming into Corsica.

6. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

That's a mate's party. He has the best records.

dialectician likes this.
  7. Monkeygrinder's Organ - did they search you like mad? They spent over 45 seconds going through my pack of rolled up cigarettes when I went to a night there in November.

Otherwise it's a decent venue but I need to be in a special kind of mood to go there. Nick Craddock's a great DJ. Who was the secret guest?

8. He's playing Corsica on the 20th. Not sure if I can go though. I want to see Jane Fitz as I've never seen her but I'm already going into London next Thursday and then going back up on the Friday.

9. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Yeah they were pretty thorough. I thought I was in trouble actually - I had a hat in one pocket and gloves in another, and they pulled out the hat and shook it right out. Fortunately they weren't quite so thorough with the gloves.;)

Guest was Call Super - I'd never heard of him but he was good.

dialectician likes this.
  10. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Yes - you might remember a few years ago he moved into my house! I think it might have been the day I moved out iirc.

11. I went there after rolling and smoking a 20 bag spliff. the search was not fun like!

I saw Objekt b2b Call Super for like 5 hours in 2014. Loads of weird ambient, electro, and more obscure UK/US techno bits. really good.

Monkeygrinder's Organ likes this.
  12. Rik

Rik Well-Known Member

OK. I've decided I'm gonna put up with the squeeze and I'm going to this tonight. Sold out now. Can't miss this lineup

13. tbtommyb

tbtommyb Well-Known Member

did you enjoy it? crowd was a bit obscene during ansome but cleared up after that.

14. Rik

Rik Well-Known Member

Yeah loved it! Didn't go in Room 1 at all. Can't be doing with the crowd. Room 2 was just about bearable. Helena Hauff was excellent as always. Gutted to miss Ansome though.

15. Orang Utan

This is going to be ace:
    Gateway To Zen at Corsica Studios
    they're not bothering with guests or a second room - just the residents knocking out excellent techno music. which is all that's needed. and they're passing the savings on to the punter, so it's only £4.
    also, they're limiting capacity so it's comfortable
    they also have a safe space policy which is admirable.
    flyer:
    zenn.jpg
    zenn.jpg zen.jpg

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    ska invita likes this.
  16. Yay I should be down for this, Craddock has great records.

Orang Utan likes this.
  17. Super buzzed for don't in April, subhead and Si Begg playing. going to get the megabus from leeds, as you will.

p-hocto and Ben Pest playing sheffield on Mayday weekend as well.

Orang Utan Boycey - etc...

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  18. evildacat

evildacat bunchie‑santa.gif

Where in Sheffield?

19. Mesters, that Hope Works courtyard on sussex road.

20. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Got to say that I think their 'Safer Spaces' approach is spot on there. They seem to have the right balance there between not trying to turn it into a stifling controlled environment while acknowledging that clubs can have issues around dodgy behaviour and that that shouldn't be tolerated. Good work.

Orang Utan likes this.
  21. Boycey

Boycey juvenile rave slut

Of course! Don't, for me is absolutely not to be missed, ever. This line up is great, it always is, best techno night in london IMO. Jerome does it proper.

22. Boycey

For the Bloc rejects:

Live hardware shenanigans earlier, me somewhere in the middle, Dexorcist later. Should be fun.

23. Orang Utan

Pat Hurley! Haven't seen that name in ages. Used to play excellent hard techno sets

Boycey likes this.
  24. Not sure if I can make this now, going to see Hieroglyphic being in Bristol on the 21st with mates and not sure what I'll do in London all day 22nd TBF. Which is a shame.

I might still be up for don't.

Boycey likes this.
  25. Boycey

Better be :p

26. May Kasahara

May Kasahara the kindness kind

I am going to Don't. V excited! It's been ages.

Boycey likes this.
  27. DJWrongspeed

DJWrongspeed radio eros

Same here , Looking forward to SubHead, haven't ventured out for awhile, see you there, can't remember how to dance even :D

May Kasahara likes this.
  28. Most of my mates are going to the 20 years of blueprint night in Manchester that day. It's going to be rammed though - however Objekt and Helena Hauff in room 2. decisions decisions.

29. Boycey

Was in there earlier dropping a rig off, loads of fancy hardware and the sound system bangs.

30. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

subhead! thought they stopped a while ago