Question Program to edit location data?

Discussion in 'photography, graphics & art' started by Helen Back, May 27, 2019.

1. I've been using Geosetter to edit the location data of all my photos but it hasn't been updated for a while and the Google maps interface on it now says "For development purposes only" all over it.

Is there something else that I can use to edit the geotags/location data on my photos?

2. RoyReed

RoyReed Must fly!

The changes that Google made to the terms of use for their maps broke this facility in many programs (Lightroom desktop edition before CC, PaintShop Pro, ExifGUI, etc...)

You can still use a program like ExifGUI or Lightroom to manually edit the data. If you go to Google Maps and zoom in to your photo's location you need to copy some data from the URL (see screen grab) and paste it into an EXIF editor.

screenshot.png

There are several free apps you can get to edit EXIF data. Make sure you get one that can do batch editing.

electroplated and editor like this.