1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with myHermes deliveries in the Brixton area ?

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by lordnoise, Apr 4, 2017.

1. lordnoise

lordnoise Well-Known Member

Anyone else having difficulties with this dreadful outfit ? I live on a council estate in SW2 and they insist that parcels are delivered securely when left on my doormat in an entrance hall shared with 10 other flats.
    Not surprisingly one parcel went missing in the run up to xmas. They reimbursed the sender but it took 6 weeks to get my money back from them and only after sending pics proving the shared nature of my doorway.
    2 more parcels were left by their delivery agent on the doormat on Sunday afternoon but luckily I got home before someone else helped themselves.
    I've tried emailing myHermes but they won't answer my repeated questions about their policy concerning leaving parcels in shared entrance halls. They hide behind the fact that they only want to talk in detail to the seller/sender as if I'm immaterial even though I've paid for both item and delivery.
    How do I get to and shame these miserable rip off merchants ?
    Let me know if you've suffered through these bastards too ...

Pickman's model likes this.
  2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Why don't you just specify a Doddle drop off?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Angellic likes this.
  3. ricbake

ricbake working out how

4. lordnoise

Doddle ? |No way - partly because it costs an extra 2 quid to do that and partly because I ought to get a secure delivery for my original payment to a supposedly reputable and professional courier like myHermes ...

5. DietCokeGirl

DietCokeGirl [Your Ad Here]

If you can afford to be buying fancy deliveries off the Internet I'm sure you can afford another 2 quid. Or just get time delivered to work / a mate.

6. lordnoise

Theres nothing fancy about my deliveries - cheapie essentials off ebay ...

7. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat vote proletaricat democracy

:hmm:

pug, Pickman's model and Manter like this.
  8. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

Anybody have any experience of DPD and mobile phones (iPhones perhaps)?
    Still getting blow-back from something I reported here last August.

Googling "DPD mobile phone fraud" throws up court cases all over the country of theft and fraud.

9. Mr Retro

Mr Retro TwentyFourThousand

:rolleyes:

10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

If £2 is too much for a guaranteed delivery, then get it delivered to a friend's address that has an accessible front door.

11. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

The why are you using myHermes for cheapo deliveries? I've bought shitloads of stuff from ebay and myHermes never even comes up as a delivery option - in fact, I've never even heard of them until this thread. If your seller insists on using them, then buy off someone else.

pug likes this.
  12. sparkybird

sparkybird ask the bird...

It can sometimes be tricky to get a delivery made to an address which is not linked to the payment method eg PayPal account or credit card.
    Myhermes are know as one of the worst. In fact i recall ordering something on line and you could pay and extra quid or two NOT to have it delivered by them.
    Delivery drivers are pretty poorly paid and treated by these companies. It's cutthroat and the workloads these chaps and chapesses have is often unbelievable. All that AND the nightmare of London traffic and parking....

aussw9 and Manter like this.
  13. shakespearegirl

shakespearegirl just worked out taglines

There have been loads of dodgy deliveries in our street recently using ddp. Things being delivered to be 'left behind the bin' with people arriving to retrieve them and being caught by residents, unordered mobile phones and class a drugs being delivered with the people not quick enough to be waiting outside/near the front door when they arrive so they've been delivered to residents..

Pickman's model and CH1 like this.
  14. DJWrongspeed

DJWrongspeed radio eros

Goto a shop. i think all this online delivery stuff that's isn't Royal Mail has got outta hand. It's messing up London's traffic and creating vast amounts of packaging waste.

DietCokeGirl likes this.
  15. lordnoise

I buy a lot of secondhand stuff of ebay from multiple sellers - its cheap and I like the principle of recycling other peoples cast offs. In fact I shop online so much that asking a friend to take in all my deliveries wouldn't work. As for £2.00 being too much - well yes it is if you live the benefit lifestyle ...
    On ebay myHermes doesnt come up as an option - its included in the 'other courier' category so you have to message the seller to find out then ask if they wouldn't mind using an alternative if myHermes is their choice - so boring ...
    No - I'm still waiting to find out why myHermes tracking info states that my parcels have been delivered securely when in fact they've been abandoned at my front door in a shared entrance lobby ...

16. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I've never bought anything off ebay where myHermes is offered as the de facto delivery firm. What the hell are you buying?

17. lordnoise

18. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

Hermes aren't the worst courier co, but they're nowhere near the best, either. "Professional" is going a bit far, but you won't get decent service unless your seller pays for a signature (cost to seller - about 25p), because these couriers are piece-workers. They're paid by delivery, so time spent hanging around getting through your entrance and then ringing on your door, is eating into another delivery, and given that they're paid about 80p per parcel delivered...

19. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

I don't have much problem with Hermes deliveries. Although I'm not on a road, it's a pretty quick and straightforward tramp from the road to my abode, and I haven't had a Hermes delivery go astray for over a year (touch wood!). Yodel and DpD, on the other hand, have both been spotty at best. The last Yodel driver had to be met at kerbside because he couldn't work out how to get from there to my flat...down a straight path. :facepalm:

20. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat vote proletaricat democracy

21. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

My partner has had problems with a regular delivery she needs. Not Hermes.

As previous posters have pointed out these delivery drivers are paid not by hour but by each delivery.

It's the business model that's at fault. It's all part of the low paid insecure work sector. Hermes are one of the worst. I know people who have worked for them and given up . Impossible to make a living.

I know that's no good for people who expect , rightly, to get a delivery. But it's the spiv economy we live under I'm afraid.

22. Gramsci

Btw lordnoise is right to be annoyed.

Despite the crap pay Hermes delivery drivers get companies like this charge a lot to there clients. It's just that it doesn't filter down to the workers.

23. lordnoise

I was aware that Hermes are part of the disgusting gig economy but I can't work out if we do the poor delivery people a favour if we avoid their company or not. Benefit office or the clutches of Hermes - same shit slightly different flavour imo ...
    I seemed to get a mild flaming on here for not being prepared to pay and extra 2 quid to Doddle for kindly giving me the option of walking into town and picking my parcel myself. Please be assured that if I was given the option to pay the extra 50p or whatever the difference is (to the seller) between a Royal Mail delivery and Hermes I'd go for Postman Pat and his band of merry men every time ...

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  24. Gramsci

The way the world works you can't avoid having to use services of these kinds of companies.

I have a friend who works for Royal Mail. It's gradually being privatised.

The delivery companies like Fed Ex like doing the easy profitable deliveries. They dump deliveries to out of the way places onto Royal Mail. Who are obliged to deliver for them at a set price.

It's not your fault. It's the shit society we have to live in. The years of an ideology that private business is best. It's bollox.

The worst of it is that it makes people cynical. Understandably imo.

I was chatting to a van driver today. His boss drives an expensive sports car and has several houses. Whilst he after paying for congestion charge, petrol, insurance etc struggles to make ends meet. This is normal.

editor likes this.
  25. Gramsci

Another van driver I was chatting to last week. He really wants to provide People with a good service. Knows his way around London and being doing the job for years. He has nothing to show for it and his income has dropped. The business that use people like him don't care.

26. lordnoise

Hermes customer relations team are terrible too - this (see below) was sent to me on 7 April. Since then nothing despite an almost weekly request for further information. Hermes managers hide behind this team who in turn hide behind robotic automatic replies ... how do they make money if they treat both their delivery staff and customers so poorly ?

Dear lordnoise,

Regarding parcel number: 8618282248069882

My name is Noaman Rauf and I work within the Customer Relations Team at myHermes, along with my colleague Iram.

I tried to call you on the number xxxxxx today at 08.20 AM but was unable to get through to yourself.

Investigations are still on-going, Unfortunately we have not managed to have a reply from the service providers Field Manager so I have now escalated this to the service providers Regional Manager.

Once in receipt of outcome will advise yourself accordingly.

Kind regards
    Noaman Rauf
    Customer Relations Advisor
    myHermes Customer Relations Department

As well as Mr Rauf take a bow Iram, Nidi Meshram, Vinod Nair and the mis-named Sonia Aware who have all put there name to replies promising further information but failed to get back.

But a special bow to the Regional Manager (60k and the latest Audi) whos overseen this mess ...

Gramsci likes this.
  27. Vintage Paw

Vintage Paw dead stare and computer glare

Hermes has an exploitative business model, and as a result its couriers are a) more likely to be under pressure and not do things by the book, and b) are less likely to be kept an eye on if they are absolute wankers.

A cursory glance at people tweeting about Hermes shows endless people pissed off around the country that deliveries weren't made, things went missing, and so on. I've just had a shitty experience with them. Shoulda paid the extra couple of quid for DPD (which is excellent around here - always get the same driver, Ben, nice guy).

Gramsci and equationgirl like this.