Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pro Cycling 2018

twistedAM

Left Of The Dial
Yates (S). Closely followed by Thomas. I’m also a bigger fan of the classics, but to be rider of the year on the basis of one day racing, you need at least two major ones.
Tersptra won a TTT gold as well. Will miss that event. The Quickstep teams; descent in that race was one of my highlights of the season. Scary shit.
Will also miss him at Quickstep but hopefully Stybar and/or Lampaert will win a Monument next year.

Mr Moose

What the hell are we supposed to tell the kids?
And that’s with the really hyped British talent, last year’s junior men’s world champion, Pidcock having aged out of the category. Assuming they don’t all end up as roadies, Britain looks like it actually has a better cross production line even than the Belgians.

I’ve no idea how it happened. It can’t be Olympic money like track. Is it a weird golden generation fluke or is there some new structure involved?
Was just a browsing for posts about cross and saw this.

It’s not a generation fluke. It’s the strength of Cyclocross at grassroots. Lots of kids do it and it is very very competitive. Piddock, Ben T and his brother Dan are fantastic and there are many others rising up. They will take their cyclocross fitness into other disciplines and Britain’s cycling successes won’t stop anytime soon.

twistedAM

Left Of The Dial
Clasica San Sebastian this Saturday. One of my favourite races on the calendar with a great startlist including Alaphilippe, Landa, the Yates twins, Fuglsang and several more potential winners from a strong field of rouleurs and climbers.

twistedAM

Left Of The Dial
Also this weekend, the start of the Tour of Poland - will be interesting to see how Cavendish gets on against Gaviria, Ackermann and Jacobsen.

twistedAM

Left Of The Dial
And what a ride it was. Superb.
Yeah I thought he would ride away from the other guy and the chasing pack lacked any bottle. Great to see kids with guts put it to the so-called superstars like GVA who are either too scared or too arrogant to chase anyone down in case they hand the win to someone else.
Hopefully negative tactics go our the window soon. First the tour (won without the mountain train) and now this. Excellent stuff.

beesonthewhatnow

going deaf for a living
Totally is innit; a few laps of a hill and 70km of flat. I suppose the prestige of riding through a capital city is something the UCI cherishes but it'd be better off in Yorkshire.
The upcoming worlds course however, looks like a belter. Further proof, if it were needed, that everything is better in the north, and Yorkshire is better than the rest of the north :cool: :D

twistedAM

Left Of The Dial
So sad. From all accounts a really nice kid and that rare thing - a Belgian who can do the high mountains. His results in the Ardennes were also really good; several top tens.

beesonthewhatnow

going deaf for a living
Egan Bernal has posted some data for a training ride he did in preparation for the upcoming world championships. For reference, he weighs 60kg. Fucking hell :eek:

8C27C248-B6D1-4DAD-9631-71A420184CDE.png