Pro Cycling 2018

Discussion in 'general sports' started by The Boy, Oct 18, 2017.

1. twistedAM

twistedAM Left Of The Dial

Tersptra won a TTT gold as well. Will miss that event. The Quickstep teams; descent in that race was one of my highlights of the season. Scary shit.
    Will also miss him at Quickstep but hopefully Stybar and/or Lampaert will win a Monument next year.

2. Mr Moose

Mr Moose What the hell are we supposed to tell the kids?

Was just a browsing for posts about cross and saw this.

It’s not a generation fluke. It’s the strength of Cyclocross at grassroots. Lots of kids do it and it is very very competitive. Piddock, Ben T and his brother Dan are fantastic and there are many others rising up. They will take their cyclocross fitness into other disciplines and Britain’s cycling successes won’t stop anytime soon.

3. twistedAM

Clasica San Sebastian this Saturday. One of my favourite races on the calendar with a great startlist including Alaphilippe, Landa, the Yates twins, Fuglsang and several more potential winners from a strong field of rouleurs and climbers.

Hollis and beesonthewhatnow like this.
  4. twistedAM

Also this weekend, the start of the Tour of Poland - will be interesting to see how Cavendish gets on against Gaviria, Ackermann and Jacobsen.

5. twistedAM

Youngest ever rider to win a World Tour race at 19 years and 190 days!!!

6. beesonthewhatnow

beesonthewhatnow going deaf for a living

And what a ride it was. Superb.

twistedAM likes this.
  7. twistedAM

Yeah I thought he would ride away from the other guy and the chasing pack lacked any bottle. Great to see kids with guts put it to the so-called superstars like GVA who are either too scared or too arrogant to chase anyone down in case they hand the win to someone else.
    Hopefully negative tactics go our the window soon. First the tour (won without the mountain train) and now this. Excellent stuff.

beesonthewhatnow likes this.
  8. twistedAM

Ride London was a bore apart from another master class in lead out by Morkov.

9. beesonthewhatnow

It’s always dull. The route is crap.

twistedAM likes this.
  10. twistedAM

Totally is innit; a few laps of a hill and 70km of flat. I suppose the prestige of riding through a capital city is something the UCI cherishes but it'd be better off in Yorkshire.

11. beesonthewhatnow

The upcoming worlds course however, looks like a belter. Further proof, if it were needed, that everything is better in the north, and Yorkshire is better than the rest of the north :cool: :D

12. beesonthewhatnow

twistedAM likes this.
  13. twistedAM

beesonthewhatnow - thanks for sharing that. He was also able to freewheel over the line for 3rd :)

14. beesonthewhatnow

The Velon twitter account is well worth following, they get loads of really good on bike footage.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    twistedAM likes this.
  15. hash tag

hash tag member

16. beesonthewhatnow

17. twistedAM

So sad. From all accounts a really nice kid and that rare thing - a Belgian who can do the high mountains. His results in the Ardennes were also really good; several top tens.

18. hash tag

hash tag member

19. hash tag

hash tag member

sorry, I know it is not pro cycling. Am I supposed to be impressed by this man doing 172 mph on a bike. He got towed, then pedaled for a few yards. Had he got himself there under his own steam, albeit while slip streaming something, now that would be impressive
    Daredevil sets new cycling speed record - for men

20. twistedAM

21. beesonthewhatnow

Egan Bernal has posted some data for a training ride he did in preparation for the upcoming world championships. For reference, he weighs 60kg. Fucking hell :eek:

8C27C248-B6D1-4DAD-9631-71A420184CDE.png

22. beesonthewhatnow

No idea why I posted that in the 2018 thread :facepalm:

twistedAM likes this.