Pro Cycling 2018

Discussion in 'general sports' started by The Boy, Oct 18, 2017.

1. beesonthewhatnow

beesonthewhatnow going deaf for a living

Jungels is massive etc

rubbershoes and planetgeli like this.
  2. The Boy

The Boy danny la rouge is probably wrong.

Nice win for jungels there. With all the eyes on valverde and alaphillipe, the smart move was always gonna be to shred the doms then send another rider up the road and let alaphillipe sit on. Thought vanendert was gonna catch him for a minute, mind.

3. twistedAM

twistedAM Left Of The Dial

He lost 30 secs on the final climb but that turned out to be canny energy conservation and then the lead went out again. Loving QS this year ad am looking forward to more wins in the GTs through stagehunters and sprinters.

4. twistedAM

Yes, Tom. Nice one.

5. The Boy

I'm sure his team will be keen to get rid of that pink jersey in the coming days.

6. planetgeli

planetgeli There's no future in England's dreaming

7. twistedAM

Gaviria again

8. hash tag

hash tag member

9. a_chap

a_chap When the world came apart, where were you?

Mike Tyson, maybe?

10. DownwardDog

DownwardDog Riding a Brompton with a power meter.

Imminent hardware changes:

Sunweb riders will be distraught to learn they are going on Cervelo next year.

Giant are taking over whatever is left of BMC and rebranding it as Giant-Deloitte. I assume the management will still be obsessed with time trials.

Dimension Data having been jilted by Cervelo may become the second Bianchi team.

11. twistedAM

Gaviria 3/3 with Kittel and Cav losing wheels of their leadouts. I expect Le Tour to be mostly Gaviria vs Groenewegen with maybe Ewan getting a stage.

12. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

13. hash tag

hash tag member

The Dauphine is currently live on eurosport...blink and you'll miss it.

14. The Boy

Geraint Thomas has a very lucky partner given his tendency for going down. The guy really struggles to stay upright.

Hollis likes this.
  15. hash tag

hash tag member

16. Nigel Irritable

Nigel Irritable Five, Ten, Fifteen Years

17. beesonthewhatnow

18. hash tag

hash tag member

Im at home every day this week; perfect for taking in the Dauphine Live, expect Eurosport have chosen to show about an hour to 2 hours live both yesterday and today :mad:

19. CosmikRoger

CosmikRoger Well-Known Member

I've got the Dauphiné Libéré going past my house on Friday. If I'm not at home by midday I will have to wait until 19hr. I'm pretty sure that I could walk up the mountain quicker.

20. hash tag

hash tag member

Well that won't have done anything to harm Gees contract negotiations. :thumbs:

21. hash tag

hash tag member

Whoops. Commentators announced Thomas had taken over lead...he third in a "triumph" of sky riders.

22. twistedAM

5th win of the season for Alaphilippe :thumbs: and one very much out of the Valverde playbook.
    Poor old Dan Martin must be pissed that he's come along just as Valverde is nearing the end of his career.

23. hash tag

hash tag member

Nearly a great day today. Sky back to strangling a race, sadly. Dan Martin had a nice win a Gee back up in the leaders Jersey.

24. Hollis

Hollis Bloody furious

Geraint Thomas as the Sky back-up option.. really?! :confused:

25. beesonthewhatnow

Will be fine until he’s in an unlucky crash.

twistedAM likes this.
  26. twistedAM

Some interesting national champs races but the field in the British one was way below par. No Sky big hitters, no Yates brothers. Wish all national federations took a leaf out of the Italian book and tell riders that they can't represent the country at the worlds if they can't be arsed turning up for the nationals.
    Anyway congrats to the lad who got his first pro win.

27. magneze

magneze mnemonic beef

28. twistedAM

Stupid decision of the have the Ride London "Classic" finish at the same time as the final stage of the Tour.

29. The Boy

It's a bit of a Mickey mouse race, tbf. I'm struggling to think of a race that uses the word 'classic' in its title that isnt.

30. twistedAM

Yeah it is but it's a World Tour event so you think they could have it finish and hour before or after Le Tour. I hope they withdraw the status next year.