1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pro Cycling 2018

Discussion in 'general sports' started by The Boy, Oct 18, 2017.

1. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Exactly. My inhaler says 1 or 2 puffs 4 x a day = 8 puffs (bleedin obvious). So WADA allow 16; twice the normal allowance, yet Froome was even double that- sounds well over the top and out of order to me. I find the more cardio vascular exercise I do the better my breathing gets (just talking from experience like) and I know and have proven with hard work it gets better.

Anybody see the BBC4 superhero's thing; from that, the strong impression was Sky are permanently tainted and now this. If they set them selves up so self righteous and holier than though, it is difficult to have sympathy for the team when they set themselves up so high and fail.

Chris Froome fights to save career after failed drugs test result

2. Nigel Irritable

Nigel Irritable Five, Ten, Fifteen Years

3. beesonthewhatnow

beesonthewhatnow going deaf for a living

4. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Report from scince of sport Froome says with the help of his doctor, he took the greatest care not to exceed the permitted dose - he didnt just exceed it, he doubled it!
    I, possible in common with many, guess that Froome pays great attention to the minutest of details as do Sky. It has been said in reports, that if your are exercising and taking at the same time, you may not take a proper dose. I can't believe that Froome would not do something and do it properly. On the whole, even on the worst of the climbs, he has always appeared to be in control of most things, it would be difficult to believe he did not inhale properly.

Then there are the comparables like Pettachi et al. If he got a ban, Froome has to. But thats irrevelant really; the team, Froome and Wiggins are tainted, you can't not see it anymore.

BTW. with all the coverage, I never once saw him use an inhaler, did anyone on here? If not, does that lead to the conclusion that he illegally ingested it as opposed to inhaling it - just a thought like. :(

5. The Boy

The Boy danny la rouge is probably wrong.

There's been outrage on Twatter everytime it's been on camera. It's well document that froome has asthma. None of this is news.

hash tag likes this.
  6. The Boy

The Boy danny la rouge is probably wrong.

Fwiw, it's not a failed test yet. He still gets the chance to undergo tests. If that doesn't work, he'll get a ban - limits are limits - of probably a couple of months.

There's been a lot of talk of Ulissi serving a 9 month ban, but the wada code has been updated since then. The more recent precedents are from cross country skiing. If he gets a ban, I'll go two months with his vuelta stripped and nibali's palmares looking even more exaggerated than previously.

7. Nigel Irritable

Nigel Irritable Five, Ten, Fifteen Years

The last year and a half has been a disaster for the image and commercial viability of British professional cycling. Absolutely the last people anyone involved in the sport in Britain would want to end up under the cloud of scandal are Wiggins, Froome and one of the Yates. The past, present and future GC standard bearers. About the only way it could get worse in terms of personnel would be for Cav to end up in trouble too.

I suppose we will see how robust the progress made in public support and interest during the glory years proves to be. Assuming the whole Sky team doesn't have a full on Festina type scandal, I don't think that growing cynicism will wipe out all of the steps forward. I think that cycling now has a pretty solid following. But everything does look a bit less rosy than it did in early 2016.

8. DownwardDog

DownwardDog Riding a Brompton with a power meter.

He'll be fine. Strongbow and kebabs aren't yet on the UCI liste des substances interdites.

9. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Very importantly, don't forget the talk of abuse and sexism....

10. Barking_Mad

Barking_Mad Non sibi sed omnibus

11. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

12. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

RIP Sharon laws, British champion cyclist who has died of cancer at just 43.
    2012+National+Cycling+Road+Championships+T_41SysPbfSx.jpg.cf.jpg

13. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

14. beesonthewhatnow

15. beesonthewhatnow

Meanwhile, Sagan starts the season on form...

16. beesonthewhatnow