1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Private Jet Passenger Duty Protest

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by Gromit, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

Its hard to believe that the Tories have stabbed the hard working of this country in the back. Expecting british people to pay extra to use our own jets. Whats happened to freedom from the masses?!

Its a disgrace and such measures will hold back growth.

1. These jets are a key tool to impressing foriegn investors
    2. Also used by businessmen taveling abroad to forge links with foreign markets.
    3. Decreased use in private jet travel will effect the private jet industry and lead to direct and indirect job losses (pilots, private stewardesses, manufacture, the corporate champane industry that produce those cut minature bottles of spakly etc.).

So urbanites I beseach you to join me on a London march 9 days from now (1/4/2011) to protect this latest tax.

2. gosub

gosub ~#

acually made more sense to do it per flight, but not a lot in it

3. Struwwelpeter

Struwwelpeter Earthling

I don't know what you are on about - I insist on a magnum every time I take the Learjet out.

4. Stela_williams

Stela_williams Banned Banned

PRIVATE JETS :-

A non-public Jet or Business jet could be a jet craft designed for personal or business use. Most of the days this implies transporting little teams of individuals.

non-public Jets square measure principally owned by firms, governments or by affluent people. Reasons for owning a personal jet may be flexibility in time,

flexibility in destinations, time savings, hyperbolic productivity, security and status. ( There square measure a lot of or less four choices relating to the

employment and possession of a personal jet:

- non-public (or corporate) possession
    - fragmentary possession
    - Charter a Jet
    - Membership of a Jet homeowners Program, like the NetJets Marquis Jet Card.

Dom Traynor likes this.
  5. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Starry Wisdom

i'm still waiting for a march report

6. Supine

Supine Rough Like Badger

Tell us more about the jet card. I've been thinking about upgrading my bike recently.

7. gosub

gosub ~#

Call it time share and you get a better idea of why not to do fractional ownership.

As the saying goes, flies, floats or fucks... Rent it

8. gosub

gosub ~#

If you've paid anything towards the flight on an aircraft you don't own at least a bit of it is public transport

9. what is this thread about ?

Pickman's model likes this.
  10. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Starry Wisdom

Gromit :mad:

Nigel and farmerbarleymow like this.
  11. friedaweed

friedaweed Branded as a fool

I think Gromit is being taxed on his private jet and he wants us all to protest. A bit like the "Day of Rage" but this one will have a duty free counter :hmm:

12. ih

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  13. Supine

Supine Rough Like Badger

Annoyingly I get fb sponsored adverts for plane charters since this thread came along.

Nigel and farmerbarleymow like this.
  14. They are not as good as you think. They are claustrophobic - there is no escape from *business* chat and there is always a risk of blowing your cover with an ill judged quip about regicide & the workers bomb.

15. dylanredefined

dylanredefined Not a house elf a tiger

[​IMG]
    Might be shit against an Apache will do a lear jet nicely. If I can't fly why should anyone else? As the crew motto goes.:D

A380 and Nigel like this.