1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*prisoner solidarity

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by smashthestate, Nov 28, 2003.

1. smashthestate

smashthestate wage slave

prisoner solidarity

People start threads firm time to time about various prisoners who want letters of support and they sink off page one after a few days.

so i thought i'd start another thread purely for listing adddresses of politcal prisoners (anti-war, anti-cap, animal+earth liberation etc etc)

that way it will be easy for ppl to see a list of different prisoners wanting support all on one page. if they are released or moved to a different prison we can just edit our posts with the up-to-date info so the thread doesnt become ridiculously long.

here's a couple to start off with

Fintan Lane - irish anti-war activist jailed for non-payment of a E750 fine. He was fined for the "crime" of trespassing during a demo last october.
    he is serving a 60day sentence starting from 26th nov 2003

Fintan Lane
    Limerick Prison
    Mulgrave Road
    Limerick
    Ireland

Susan Brackenbury - on remand for trying to disarm a trident submarine at Devonport.
    Send letters / cards of support, stamps, writing paper etc
    She'd like visitors too if anyone is nearby, but ou'd need to ring the prison a few days in advance.(01454 262100)

Susan Brackenbury
    HMP Eastwood Park
    Falfield
    Wotton-under-Edge
    Glos
    GL12 8DB

- perhaps mods could make this thread a sticky??? -

2. captainmission

captainmission Well-Known Member

This monday- 1st December at 7pm there's going to be a puddings for prisioners evening at the Kickstart Cafe (13-15 Liverpool Rd, off deansgate Manchester). Bring puddings and stuff to right letters to political prisoners.

kickstart@shortcutz.org

edited cos i got the day wrong

3. RicheyZero

RicheyZero New Member

Free Mario

Mario Bango is young Roma from Slovakia, has recently been senteced to 12 years without parole and been on remand since March 2001 for the "crime" of defending his younger brother when they were brutally attacked by a Neo-nazi skinhead.

The nazi died from his wounds later in hospital. Mario's family - as many other Roma in Slovakia - has suffered repeated racist abuse and physical attacks by neo-Nazi skinheads. His brother spent a week in hospital last year after an attack by skinheads. The nazis use knives and other weapons in their attack Mario like other Roma carried a knife in self-defense, and was this time forced to use it.

The Roma people are a terribly oppresed minority in Central Europe. As many as a million and a half were murdered in the Holocaust. Since 1989 they have been subject to a wave of racist attacks in Slovakia and the Czech Republic - around 20 have been murdered. Nationalist politicians, the press, and the growing fascist movement have targetted the Roma people, with deadlly results, where racist talk breeds racist attack. Now Mario's case has been turned into a racist cause celebre against the Roma, with a media campaign against the "gypsy" Mario and sympathizing with the deceased "patriotic and honourable citizen" - in the Slovak parliament there was even a minute of silence for the dead Nazi!

Mario's case is one of legitimate self-defence - we must defend him. But his case has larger dimensions: we must turn it into a campaign to expose the rising tide of anti-Roma racism in Britain and in Central Europe.

This case is very simular to that of Satpal Ram and we need to start a campaign simular to his.

Please Please Please we need people to help get involved especially bands to put on benefits and people like Mark Thomas (i know you come on this site) to speak out on mario's behalf

Other things you can do are

Send protests to the

Slovak authorities:
    by email: urad@government.gov.sk;
    tlacove@justice.gov.sk

by post:
    Slovak president
    Rudolph Schuster
    Kancelaria prezidenta SR
    Stefanikova 14
    814 38 Bratisllava
    ph: 00421-7-5441 6624

Ministry of Justice
    Ministerstvo spravodlivosti SR
    Zupne namestie 13
    813 11 Bratislava
    ph: 00421-7-5935 3497
    fax: 00421-7-5443 0467

Urad Vlady (Bureau of the Slovak government)
    Namestie Slobody
    1 813 70, Bratislava,
    Slovak Republic
    ph: 00421-7-5729 5111
    fax: 00421-7-5249 7597

Send postcards to Mario with a few words of solidarity:
    Mario Bango,
    nar.8.6.1982
    Ustav na vikon vazby priecinok 1077 Chorvatska 5 812 29 Bratislava,
    Slovakia

All donations to Mario Bango Defense Campaign, BCM Box 7750 London WC1N 3XX

If you are a member of a student union, or an anti-racist, anti-fascist or labour movement organisation pass a resolution and support the campiagn. Get in touch to receive updates.

Please copy or print this and distribute to anyone and everyone (message boards, e-groups etc)

e-mail: info@worldrevolution.org.uk
    Homepage: http://www.worldrevolution.org.uk/pages/campaigns/freemario.html

4. windsor

windsor banned bonkers loonspud Banned

The situation in America

I don't know if you're aware; but in America there are 2.1 MILLION people in jails, prisons, awaiting trial, awaiting sentencing and in restricted home-status confinement.

That's 690 people per 100,000 citizens are in jail.

In Italy, the rate is 40 people per 100,000 citizens.

Something is rotting in the American Judiciary. It's call the Drug Wars. And now, people are accruing police records for any dissent from this profiteering war in Afghanistan [for jump-starting opium production again out of the Taliban's control] and Iraq [to hover over the few remaining intact oil fields].

Horrifying, isn't it? They call it, "the land of the free." Ironic.

5. Zonk

Zonk Well-Known Member

Brian McCarvill

Brian McCarvill is a radical social prisoner, who is currentley involved in a lawsuit against Oregon Department of Corections (ODOC), challenging their censorship and rejection of anarchist publicashions

Anarchists are viewed as a gang or security threat group (STG) within ODOC. The circle A symbol is considered to be a STG symbol and so many radical publications are rejected by ODOC mailroom staff on this basis.

To compliment Brians legal efforts, a postcard campain was orginised by allies on the outside. The postcards featured the anarchist circle A and the message 'this is not a gang symbol'. These postcardss were sent in to Rob Thaxton and Brian, ODOC was to put both men into the Disaplinary Segregation Unit (the hole) of Oregon State Penitentiary.

Brians court case is expected to be very long and drawn out, in his words, ?i will be challenging the classification of anarchism as an STG, the over-broadness of this classification and why there is no procedual due process vehicle in place to challenge, meaningful or otherwise, this unilatiral classification. I will be challenging the rejection based soley upon the symbol 'circle A' and Anarchist Black Cross'. I will also challenge the denial of substantive due process where mail is rejected for STG content' without identifying why that content deserves rejection. Lastly i will be challengeing the conversion of my own personal property in the form of the rejected mail / publications.?

Anyone caring to coment to the court on these issues may do so by writting to the court, care of Brian.

Courtcases are expensive, evenmore so because Brian has lost his job since he has been in the hole. Brian and Rob are fighting for the anarchist movement and for prisoners access to radical perspectives and so it is imperitive that the outside movment supports them.

Any donations, no matter how small are URGENTLY needed. Money orders or cashier checks only made out to:
    The prison of Brian McCarvill #11037967
    and sent to:
    Central Trust
    PO Box 1440,
    Salem,
    or
    97309-5077, USA

Our comrade Harold Thompson, who has been in prison since 1979, devotes all his time to helping other prisoners with their trials, as well as working on his own appeal to enable prisoners to gain basic rights,such as receiving political literature.,/p>

His commitment has brought him hatred and harassment from wardens, inmates and extreme right organizations. The latest blow for Harold is that the Tennessee Department of Corrections has removed typewriters and word processors from the authorised prisoners property list, which means that they will not be able to have them repaired or substituted if they break down. This has stopped Harold continuing his legal work since no court in the US accepts hand written documents. It is obvious that this measure was invented to prevent inmates from enjoying the autonomy they used to have to manage their trials, in other words, to make the prisoners still more imprisoned.

Harold's word processor has broken down, and due to this new repressive measure, he cannot go on with the trials - both his and those of other inmates.

Harold and his comrades have decided to raise a solidarity campaign to get this ban lifted.

One idea is to send a protest letter to the Tennessee Department of Corrections Commissioner. We have a sample letter here. Please do not mention anything that may seem threatening or point the finger directly at Harold.

Send letter the to:
    Quinton I. White, Commissioner
    Tennessee Department of Correction
    4th. Floor, Rachel Jackson Building
    320 Sixth Avenue North
    Nashville
    Tennessee
    37243-0465.
    USA

Write to Harold at
    : Harold H Thompson.93992,
    Northwest Correctional Complex
    Route 1 Box 660,
    Tiptonville,
    Tennessee
    USA.

Harolds support group
    . FOHHT,
    59 Alderson Crescent,
    Formby,
    Merseyside,
    LS7 3LY.
    England.

FREE FREE
    On the night of June 16th 2002, Jeffery 'Free' Luers and Craig 'Critter' Marshell, fire damaged three vehicles in the Romainia Chevolet car lot in Oregon. The cost of the damage to the vehicles was around $28,000. Their action was planned to cause no harm to any human life and indeed no one was injured. Their action was inspiered by their simple desire to do something to prevent, what they consider to be, the continuing destruction of the global enviroment.

Free is currently filing for an appeal and is asking people to write letters to the Attorney General in Oregon in support of this appeal. You can download a sample letter from Spirit of Freedom

this appeal is to make that Free does not spend the next 22 years in prison. Please trake a few minutes to write a letter on Free's behalf. make sure to include the appeal No a return address, and please be poite.

Free also needs letters, please write to him at:

Jeffery Luers
    OSP
    2605 State St
    Salem
    OR
    USA<

Rob Thaxton

On ssept, 3rd, 1999, Rob Los Ricos was sentenced to 7 years on chardges of Assalt and Riot, after a Reclaim the Streets party in Eugene, U.S.A.

The judge used Rob to make an example of, and sentenced him to a mandatory minimum of 5 years for Assault and stacked 2 years riot chardges ontop, making Robs sentence 7 years in all.

Rob has continued his struggle whilst in prison and along with his supporters formed the Anarchist Prisoners Legal Aid Network (APLAN), a resource sharing and communication network for incarcerated anarchists.

Also Rob has produced many prison writtings, incuding 'Rob the Rich' and 'Fuck You Bearden'.

Rob and his cellmate Brian McCarvill were behind the circle A 'this is not a gang symbol' postcard campain and as i write this, Rob is still in solitary confinment due to it.

Rob needs our support - solitary confinment is not a fun place to be. Rob is unable to work whilst in the 'hole', so any donations would be appreciated. He does not even have his guitar to pass tim

WRITE TO ROB AT
    Rob Thaxton #12112716
    OSP. 2605 State St,
    Salem, OR 97310 USA

Send donations (checks or money orders ) to 'Rob Los Ricos' POB 50634, Eugene, OR 97405.
    www.defenstrator.org/roblosricos/index.html

6. Zonk

Zonk Well-Known Member

SOLIDARITY MEANS ATTACK

Environmental activist Craig 'criiter' Marshall is serving five years for causing around $28,000 fire damage to three vehicles in a Oregon car lot. No one was harmed in the incident and at least two of the vehicles suffered only cosmetic damage and are now back in full working order. Whilst in prison Craig penned this following piece which we feel is worth repeating here.

"SOLIDARITY MEANS ATTACK"
    "Before starting this short rant, i want to address the fact that i am probably going to piss off and alienate some of the 'supporters' i have by writing this. Tough shit. The reason I'm writing this is not to make friends, it is to make people think. If you get offended by what i have got to say, there is probably a reason beyond that I'm just an asshole, but that is a title i will gladly accept if this gets even one person to expand their efforts toward actually putting ecocidal co-operarions out of business for good.

There are many people out there who call themselves 'supporters' of the ALF, ALF, Earth First, or any of the other groups doing direct action. But if all these supporters out there only support from outside the movement, they are doing little more than pacifying their conscions. Solidarity Means Attack.

Solidarity is defined in my cheap ass prison dictionary as "a unity of interests among a group" and 'unity' is defined as "singleness of purpose and action". If someone states that they are in solidarity with myself or other ecologically motivated saboteurs, that singleness of purpose is to stop the destruction of the many different life forms that share this planet with us. So if one is truly in solidarity with us, (s)he does not sit around talking about how much they support direct action, (s)he gets their hands dirty and takes action. I do not consider wearing some environmental groups T-shirt or simply stating that one supports direct action as solidarity. The ecocidal forces destroying life on this planet need to be taken out, and talking is just not going to do it. The dissemination of news of actions can be a valuable tool, the kind of thing that inspires action. But, it is action that will bring the system to its knees while those who ONLY speak of support continue to live on their knees giving fellatio to the masters by perpetuating the myth that we are are all free because we can say that we support direct action.

Talk is not enough, it is not even close - if there were as many people swinging hammers in the forest as thereare people running chainsaws, those chainsaws would not be running long. I have heard some supporters of direct action say that direct action and sabotage are not for everyone, well, why the fuck not? When i have raised this question in the past, my 'white male privilege' has been raised as an issue. Though this may be a valid point, some people seem to be more interested in painting fingers than confronting privilege (though i shroud not call it privilege but stupidity) that allows them to sit back in relative comfort, while allowing, through their inaction, life form after life form, to be eradicated. Talking about supporting direct action and sabotage just is not going to cut it.This is not about competition, it is not about who has monkey wrenched more machinery or who has liberated more lab animals, it is about the fact that if we all do not start doing something soon then we are all fucked. It is not about one or two or two hundred endagered species that you did not give enough of a fuck about to spur you into action. It is about the whole web of life and how your inaction is tantamount to your condoning the natural worlds destruction.

To put this into simpler terms - every life form on this planet is on the road to extinction that is paved by the human race, and you are to blame if you do not do something drastic to stop civilizations destructive course. Solidarity is not just a word to throw around to make you feel like you belong. Solidarity means attack."

Write to Craig Marshell at:
    Craig Marshell #13797662,
    SRCL,
    777 Stanton Blvd,
    Ontario,
    Oregon,
    or 97914 U.S.A.

http://www.anarchistps.org/

7. Paul Marsh

Paul Marsh NeitherWashingtonNorMecca

Issue 85 of Class War was refused by a prison in Washington State on the grounds that it contains "gang symbols"

The only thing this could possibly be is the skull and cross bones on the front, a pretty strange definition of a gang symbol, but these people do not have to justify themselves to anyone but themselves.

One note of warning when writing to prisoners in the USA - in the instance I cite the prisoner had to pay out of his money for the letter telling Class War of the refusal.
    That appears to be the policy in Washingston state, so do take care not to get into a situation where you are costing someone who is on very limited resources.

8. Random

Random Ethnic nalgocrat

Local Prisoner of War Against War Needs Solidarity! Act today and send a card to somebody who'll be inside during Christmas! Sue Brackenbury is on remand in HMP Eastwood Park (about 30 miles from Bristol) - having climbed one wall and cut one fence too many, at UK nuclear establishments. She has five trials in the pipeline - most of them in magistrates' courts - and one in Plymouth, in the Crown Court ( "Going equipped" = Looking for a submarine with a hammer, at Devonport nuclear dockyard) . Sue would LOVE to hear from people. Her address is:

Sue Brackenbury HT 6792 HMP
    Eastwood Park,
    Wotton-under-Edge,
    Falfield,
    Gloucestershire
    GL12 8DB

She can also receive (and would love to have) CDs, and stamps. If you wish to further show your solidarity with Sue, why not arange to visit her? If you wish to do so, email nabataat@yahoo.co.uk to sort it out.

http://www.geocities.com/bristol_abc/

MORE BACKGROUND

Sue Brackenbury - an energetic and dedicated Trident Ploughshares activist - is being held on remand at Eastwood Park (about 30 miles from Bristol). Sue is doing an Open University degree, and has plenty to occupy her mind. All the same, Christmas in prison could be quite glum. If you can send Sue a card, I'm sure it would cheer her up no end.

9. escobar-pablo

escobar-pablo New Member

Amjad "The Ringbearer" Hussein

Amjad Is currently spending Christmas in HMP Bedford.

He is an innocent man serving 2 yrs for beating a man with his own shoes, he was also found behind the wheel of the victims car, unconscious, over the legal alcoholic limit and crashed into a tree.

This was an obvious "frame" job by the police and alleged victims family, as Amjad hasn't even got a driving license.

What actually happened was Amjad was attacked by the alleged victim, forced to drink alcohol and then driven into a tree in the alleged victims car. The police arrived, saw a man of Iraqi descent behind the wheel of a stolen car and arrested him.

He needs your support now!!!

10. Zonk

Zonk Well-Known Member

ECO-DEFENCE PRISONERS

Dr. Yurl Bandazhevsky, Ul. Kalvarijskaya 36, PO Box 35K, Minsk 220600,
    Belarus. Serving 8 years for telling the world that the nuclear radiation
    around Chernobyl is worse than the Belarus Government has admitted.

Marco Camenisch, Flughafengefangnis, ZURICH-FLUGHAFEN, Postfach 8058,
    Zurich, Switzerland. Serving 10-years for using explosives to destroy
    electricity pylons leading from nuclear power stations. In 2002 he
    completed a 12-year sentence in Italy for similar actions in Italy. Marco
    reads French, German, Spanish & Italian.

Ted Kaczynski (04475-046), US Pen - admin Max Facility, PO Box 8500,
    Florence Colorado 81226, USA. Is serving multiple life sentences for the
    infamous 'Unabomber' anti-technology bombing & murder campaign.

Iñaki Garcia Koch, Carcel de Pamplona, C/San Roque. Apdo. 250, 31080 -
    Iruñez - Pamplona, Navarra (España), Spain. Serving just under 5 years for
    sabotaging the controversial Itoiz dam construction site.

Betty Krawczyk, (CS# 037 939 24), Burnaby Correctional Centre for Women,
    7900 Fraser Park Drive, Burnaby, BC V5J 5H1, Canada. Serving six-months for
    Criminal Contempt for her continued forest defence activity and
    participation in road blocks. Due for release 13/02/04.

Jeffrey Luers, #13797671, OSP , 2605 State St. Salem, OR 97310, USA. Serving
    22 years & 8 months for arson on a car dealership & attempted arson of an
    oil truck.

Craig Marshall, #13797662, SRCI, 777 Stanton Blvd, Ontario, OR 97914 USA.
    Serving 5 years 5 months for conspiracy to commit arson and possession of
    incendiary devices, having used the devices to destroy SUV's to raise
    attention to the environmentally destructive nature of these vehicles. RELEASED

Fran Thompson, 1090915, Chillicothe Correctional Center, 1500 W. Third St,
    Chillicothe, MO 64601, USA. Serving Life for killing, in self-defence, a
    stalker who had broken into her home. Before her imprisonment Fran was
    active in eco, animal & anti-nuke campaigning.

Helen Woodson, 03231-045 FMC Carswell, POB 27137, Fort Worth, TX 76127, USA.
    Serving 27 years for: 1) Robbing a federal bank of $26,000 and burning the
    money whilst distributing a statement denouncing materialism, wealth and
    power that caused environmental destruction. 2) Mailing .38 calibre bullets
    with warning letters to various Government & corporate officials stating
    that their actions were like bullets fired into the heart of creation. 3)
    Using a jackhammer, she carried out a Ploughshares direct disarmament
    against a Mintueman II missile silo.

ANIMAL LIBERATION

Dave Blenkinsop EM7899, HMP Bullingdon, Oxfordshire OX6 0PZ England.
    Serving 10 years. 1) Three years for a stave attack on the Managing
    Director of HLS. 2) 18 months for rescuing 600 guinea pigs from a lab
    supplier. 3) 5½ years for planting incendiary devices under abattoir
    vehicles.

Benjamin Persky, DIN: 03R3916, Lakeview Shock Incarceration Corr. Fac., PO
    Box T, Brocton, New York 14716-0679 USA. SHAC activist serving 2-6 years
    for "Criminal Mischief". RELEASED

PARTY & PROTEST
    Around the world there have been several massive protests against global
    capitalism and its environmental impact. The following have all been jailed
    in connection with the protests.

Robert Thaxton #12112716, OSP, 2605 State St, Salem, OR 97310, USA (86
    months)

PLOUGHSHARES & ANTI-WAR
    Ploughshares is an international movement which uses accountable non-violent
    direct action to disarm weapons of mass destruction.

Sister Carol Gilbert, #10856-039, FPC Alderson RI, Box A, Alderson, WU24910,
    USA. Jailed for 2 years 9 months for anti-nuke action.

Sister Jackie Hudson, #08808-039, FPC Victorville, PO Box 5100, Adelanto, CA
    92301, USA. Jailed for 2½ years for anti-nuke action.

Sister Ardeth Platte, #10857-039, FPC Danbury, Route 37, Danbury, CT06818,
    USA. Jailed for 3 years and 5 months for anti-nuke action.

INDIGENOUS LAND RIGHTS

Leonard Peltier #89637-132, PO Box 1000, Leavenworth, KS 66048, USA.
    Serving Life after being framed for murdering 2 FBI agents.

Eric Wildcat Hall, #BL-5355, Unit A-B 10745 Route 18, Albion, PA 16475-0002,
    USA. Serving 35-75 years for helping ship arms to Central American
    indigenous activists.

MOVE
    MOVE is an eco-revolutionary group. There are currently eight MOVE activists
    in prison each serving 100 years after been framed for the murder of a cop
    in 1979. 9th defendant, Merle Africa, died in prison in 1998.

Debbie Simms Africa (006307), Janet Holloway Africa (006308) and Janine
    Philips Africa (006309) all at: SCI Cambridge Springs, 451 Fullerton Ave,
    Cambridge Springs, PA 16403-1238, USA.

Michael Davis Africa (AM4973) and Charles Simms Africa (AM4975) both at SCI
    Grateford, PO Box 244, Grateford, PA 19426-0244, USA.

Edward Goodman Africa (AM4974), 301 Morea Rd, Frackville, PA 17932, USA.

William Philips Africa (AM4984) and Delbert Orr Africa (AM4985) both at SCI
    Dallas Drawer K, Dallas, PA 18612, USA.

Mumia Abu Jamal, (AM8335), SCI Greene, 175 Progress Drive, Waynesburg PA
    15370, USA. In 1981 Mumia, former Black Panther and vocal supporter of
    MOVE, was framed for the murder of a cop. He was originally sentenced to
    death but is currently awaiting re-sentencing following a court hearing in

ANTI-FASCIST

Matthew Lamont T90251, CSP/A5-114, PO Box 901, Imperial, CA 92251, USA.
    Serving 3 years for possessing an incendiary, intended to be used to disrupt
    a neo-nazi gathering.

Tomasz Wiloszewski, Zaklad Karny, Orzechowa 5, 98-200 Sieradz, Poland.
    Serving 15 years for accidentally killing a neo-nazi whilst defending
    himself.

11. Rabidrodent

Rabidrodent Samphire sucker!

RONNIE EASTERBROOK

Ronnie has been shipped from HMP Whitemoor up to HMP Full Sutton. He has been back in the wars again with the screws at Whitemoor and spending most of the time in segregation, briefly out for monitoring and straight back in again.

Ronnie is adamant that Whitemoor are trying to break him by sending up to Full Sutton, but says there going to have to do better, a lot better than Full Sutton.

Please take time to send a message of solidarity.

Ronnie Easterbrook
    B 88459
    HMP Full Sutton
    Stamford Bridge
    YO4 1PS

12. Zonk

Zonk Well-Known Member

Yesterday 6/1/04 former animal rights prisoner Kerry Whitburn was jailed for two
    months having been found guilty of breaking into a pet shop. Please send
    urgent letters of support to:

Kerry Whitburn LC6637
    HMP Nottingham
    Perry Road
    Sherwood
    Nottingham
    NG5 3AG
    England

Kerry has now moved to:

Kerry Whitburn LC6637
    HMP NORTH SEA CAMP
    Freiston, BOSTON,
    Lincolnshire PE22 0QX

13. Zonk

Zonk Well-Known Member

Jennifer Latheef detained illegally, solidarity needed

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jennifer Latheef, an actor and activist in Maldives, is being held and interrogated by the National Security Service (NSS) in contravention of the law, which forbids arrested people being held without charge for more than 45 days.

She was picked up from her home in Malé on 22 September 2003, in the aftermath of the civil protest that rocked the capital after the torture death of Eevaan Naseem at Maafushi prison and the mass shootings of prisoners the following day.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.maldivesculture.com/news...nny_latheef.htm

quote:
    Jenny is fearful for her life and, given the circumstances, she is afraid that she may be raped and tortured by the NSS. She is being held without charge in appalling surroundings. Her physical condition is deteriorating rapidly.

quote:
    Her only crime was to publicly protest against excessive police brutality on Saturday afternoon 20 September 2003. She wore a T-shirt with the words, 'Stop Police Brutality'. Jennifer Latheef is a strong believer in non-violence, like her great-grandfather and grandfather who were both murdered in custody.

please pass on, fire off emails, get your local trots to fax their mp's, letters, phone calls, anything.

action needed

1. Maumoon Abdul Gayoom,
    Office of the President,
    Boduthakurufaanumagu,
    Malé, Maldives.
    E-mail: info@presidencymaldives
    .gov.mv

2. Koli Mohamed Umar Manik,
    Chairman, Maldives Association of Tourism Industries,
    Gadhamoo Building,
    Boduthakurufaanumagu,
    Malé, Maldives.
    E-mail: mati@dhivehinet.net.mv

3. Ministry of Defence and National Security,
    Bandaara Koshi,
    Malé, Maldives.
    E-mail: admin@defence.gov.mv

4. Ahmed Zahir,
    Minister of Justice,
    Justice Building,
    Malé, Maldives.
    E-mail: justice@gov.mv.com

14. soulrebel

soulrebel thought criminal

seems appropriate to crosslink this thread here... dunno about the contact details tho...

15. Zonk

Zonk Well-Known Member

16. Zonk

Zonk Well-Known Member

ELP has just learnt about the imprisonment of René Riesel who is serving
    seven months for destroying GM crops at a farm in Novartis and also for
    destroying crops in the CIRAD (Centre International de recherche Agronomique
    pour le développement) laboratory, in the south of France, in 1998.

René has been inside since December 2003

Please send letters of support to:

René RIESEL
    n° d'écrou 4612
    Maison d'Arrêt
    37 chemin Séjalan
    48000 MENDE
    FRANCE

17. Rabidrodent

American Anarchist Gets Sent down For J18
    Jim Borek Sentenced to 4 1/2 Years

On the 23rd Jan, at Southwark Crown Court (England) James Borek pleaded
    guilty to a Section 20 Unlawful Wounding (GBH) charge and 2 violent disorder
    charges plus an additional charge of skipping bail in 2000. Jim was
    arrested after attacking a policeman at the J18 protest in London. He was
    sentenced to four and a half years.

Jim is a 22 year old American lad, who by the time he is released in 2007
    will not have seen his home or family for 8 years. Jim, an anarchist, moved
    to Dublin (Ireland) when he skipped bail and was working in a record shop.
    He taught himself to play the tin whistle and joined up with the punk/
    Irish trad band 'Blood or Whiskey'. It was while on tour with the band in
    Belguim that the Law caught up with him.

Jim feels he can now start looking to the future and would appreacate and
    needs our support
    Please write to him at James Borek LL6803
    B4-14
    HMP Wandsworth
    PO Box 757
    Heathfield Road
    London SW18 3HS

18. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

thankyou rabidrodent for making my week - also thanks to the Belgian police
    :D :D :D

19. The Black Hand

The Black Hand Unclean

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Never mind filth, there's plenty of us still free to give you all a beating next time ;) :D

20. Rabidrodent

Stuart Tideswell JH8108
    HMP Leicester
    Welford Road
    LE2 7AJ

he would like letters from animal rights people.

21. Zonk

Zonk Well-Known Member

From SchNEWS

Robert Seth Hayes, a former Black Panther, has collapsed in prison ten times
    over the past few months due to lack of treatment for diabetes. He fears
    that unless he receives a transfer to another prison where they take his
    illness seriously, he may die. Write to the Correctional Services
    Commissioner to demand his transfer: Glenn S. Goord, Commissioner, NYS
    Department of Correctional Services, Building 2, 1220 Washington Avenue,
    Albany, NY, 12226-2050, USA. Letters of support to: Robert ³Seth² Hayes
    #74A-2280, Clinton Correctional Facility, PO Box 2001, Dannemora, NY, 12929,
    USA. www.montrealabcf.org/hayes/

22. Zonk

Zonk Well-Known Member

ELP Information Request (11th of March 2004)

Dear friends

Two days ago American environmentalist William Cottrell (known to his
    friends as Billy) was arrested on suspicion of an arson attack at an SUV
    dealership that saw the destruction of 125 vehicles. The action was claimed
    by the ELF.

As we understand it Billy has been remanded into custody but the moment ELP
    does not have a prison address for Billy.

Should anyone know where Billy is imprisoned please let ELP know as soon as
    possible. It is vital we start getting letters of support to him as soon as
    possible.

Also, as ELP understands it, Billy is in desperate need of to money to help
    fight this court case and there is a plan to sell T-shirts to help raise
    money for him. ELP will bring you more details of how to buy a T-shirt and
    where to send donations in support of Billy as soon as we have them.

ELP will naturally keep everyone up to date with any news we receive on
    Billy, in the meantime, if anyone has a prison address for Billy please
    contact ELP4321@Hotmail.com as soon as possible.

also

Urgent ELP! Bulletin (16th of March 2004)

Dear friends

It has been reported that Michael Scarpitti (aka Tre Arrow) has been
    arrested in Canada. Tre is wanted by the American FBI for his alleged
    involvement in an arson attack on some logging trucks (which were not
    claimed by any particular group) and an arson attack on some sand & gravel
    lorries (which were claimed by the Earth Liberation Front).

ELP has been informed that Tre is being held at Vancouver Island
    Correctional Centre. We do not have a full mailing address as yet for Tre,
    but if you want you could try and post letters of support to:

Michael Scarpitti (remand prisoner)
    PO Box 9224 Stn Prov Govt
    Victoria BC
    V8W 9J1
    Canada

If anyone knows Tre's full prison postal address (including prison number)
    please let ELP know immediately and we will obviously circulate it to
    everyone else!

The authorities will have to be an extradition hearing before Tre can be
    shipped back to America. ELP does not know how long this will take, but if
    he fights it he may be in Canada for a few months.

More news on this as it comes.....

23. Zonk

Zonk Well-Known Member

Urgent ELP! Bulletin (2nd of April 2004)

Dear friends

ELP has just learnt that on the 15th of March 2004, Spanish eco-activist
    Ibai Ederra was arrested and remanded into custody.

As ELP supporters will be aware, a few years ago the infamous Itoiz Dam in
    Spain was sabotaged, allegedly by members of Soliderios con Itoiz. The
    ecoteurs famously cut the cables of the concrete pump whilst the dam was
    being constructed.

Following the ecotage, and despite the fact the police had no one in
    custody, eight members of Soliderios con Itoiz were put on trial in their
    absence, found guilty and issued with prison sentences.

In 2001 Iñaki Garcia Koch was the first of the eight to be captured and
    imprisoned. Iñaki is currently serving four years and ten months
    imprisonment.

Three years on, Ibai Ederra has been captured following a routine traffic
    police check. He to is likely to be sentenced to four years and ten months.

Please send urgent letters of support to:

Ibai Ederra
    Carcel de Pamplona
    C/San Roque. Apdo. 250, 31080 - Iruñez - Pamplona
    Navarra (España),
    Spain.

Letters for Iñaki can be sent to the same address. For more info on Ibai or
    Iñaki contact stopitioiz@yahoo.co.uk

Staying with European prisoner news, yesterday Marco Camenisch started a new
    one-month hungerstrike. This is in protest at his poor prison conditions.
    The hungerstrike will end on the 1st of May 2004. Please show your support
    for Marco and his hungerstrike by sending letters of support to:

Marco Camenisch
    Flughafengefangnis
    ZURICH-FLUGHAFEN
    Postfach 8058
    Zurich
    Switzerland

For more info on Marco contact italianelp@yahoo.com.

24. Col_Buendia

Col_Buendia sort code

(From Indymedia)

Anyone know how long she'll be there for?

25. smashthestate

smashthestate wage slave

found the following on the Reclaim the Bases
    site posted on april 6th, i guess she must be out by now:

Rosy Bremer, sentenced to 21 days improsenment by the Portsmouth Magistrate Court this morning, because she refused to pay £815 fine for spraying tanks in Southampton military base just before the invasion of Iraq by the American and British troops. Rosy Bremer, who lives on more or less £4000 annual income refused all suggestions by a judge for her to pay the fine and all the charges againist her and critised the invasion of Iraq despite the warnings of the judge, who said this case had nothing to do with politics but was about making a desicion for her to pay the fine. She will probably be in prison for 10 days.

26. lulu

lulu New Member

hello,

i am new, just wanted to say hello. :)

27. Jaygo

Jaygo Banned Banned

and hello to you to :)

28. Kidda

Kidda Z is for stripey oss

Birmingham animal activist Kerry Whitburn was yesterday sentenced to 4 months in prison in connection with actions against Newchurch Farm where guinea pigs are bred for vivisection. www.liberation-now.org
    Kerry would appreciate your letters of support at the address below.

Kerry Whitburn LC7479
    HMP Nottingham
    Perry Road
    Sherwood
    Notts
    NG5 3AG

For a list of current animal rights prisoners and other useful information, see the website of the Vegan Prisoner Support Group www.vpsg.org

29. revolt

revolt consistently inconsistant

Does anyone have an update on the people arrested in Dublin? Last I heard there was a total of 31 people arrested 28 on saturday night and 3 on Tuesday (27 april). I think the main court case is Tomorrow.

30. honkdub

honkdub New Member

go to

indymedia.ie for updates althought its the gg heads who are doing support

roughly 19 still in public order offences getting bail mostly random students

3 arrested at attempted squat tough bail conditions court wednesday