Pretend ASBO

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by Edie, Jun 28, 2018.

1. cyril_smear

cyril_smear Well-Known Member

Very convincing.

2. Edie

Edie Well-Known Member

Off you fuck :D

treefrog, tim, crossthebreeze and 3 others like this.
  3. cupid_stunt

cupid_stunt Dyslexic King Cnut the Great.

Was you born a twat, or did you just grow into one? :hmm:

tim and farmerbarleymow like this.
  4. Edie

Edie Well-Known Member

Tbf it doesn’t sound massively convincing. So you will just have to take my word that I know my kids bettern you.

tim and farmerbarleymow like this.
  5. cyril_smear

Soz.

6. cyril_smear

You should have said "I know for a fact" instead.

7. Edie

Edie Well-Known Member

That would of definitely been more convincing I’m sure you’re right.

I do know for a fact he’s not smoking weed or doing drugs cos there’s absolutely no way he’d get that past me :D

Anyway, quiet out tonight cos everyone watching the footie.

8. cyril_smear

Have you thought about moving? I know that's drastic and you're letting these cunts win but do you really need all this?

cupid_stunt likes this.
  9. spanglechick

spanglechick High Empress of Dressing Up

It's a big problem - they call it "cuckooing" a flat. If the police are aware it's happening to this vulnerable lad, that's a bloody good thing, cos usually they don't know.

Shit for your lad, Edie - but you must be so pleased/relieved that he fell out with them when he did. Are these the "duck" boys?

10. Edie

Edie Well-Known Member

I AM NOT MOVING because some little 15yo scrotes are fucking about! That’s insane. I own the house, I like my neighbours, I live by the park, I’m close to school. It’ll all simmer down.

Interestingly one of the other single mums IS moving back to Filey. One down.

11. Edie

Edie Well-Known Member

Yeah the decapitated duck boys.

farmerbarleymow likes this.
  12. campanula

campanula plant a seed

hugs Edie (we have one round here too). Fortunately, these nasty little fuckwits do tend to shit on their own doorsteps (it's what they know, I think) but, as you also note, this is a cyclical thing. Currently, our neughbourhood thief and bully is out of nick...but it will only be a matter of time before he is back inside...and as he has robbed nearly everyone, he has no support (even though grassing is beyond the pale)...he won't be at large much longer.
    Those pics of children suffering from foetal alcohol syndrome - fits our scumbag to a tee...so am caught between feeling sorry for him (cos his life is really demarcated now and it isn't a good one)...and wanting to run the fucker over in the pick-up (can't drive though so...).
    Chin up - this will pass.
    Oh, ignore the council stuff - just a cover your arse letter - no real power to do anything.

13. Edie

Edie Well-Known Member

campanula likes this.
  14. Edie

Edie Well-Known Member

Anyone know anything about gangs? I was cleaning yesterday and found a balaclava in my eldests room. I’m pretty sure this is all just for show shite. But I looked up some of his mates fb (he doesn’t have fb anymore just insta and snap). These are two of my eldests mates (not best mates but kids that have hung out here and across the street, the kid at the bottom I’ve known since he was 3, lives three doors up). Both pics liked by my eldest. I’m worried about the hand sign? I’ve tried to protect their anonymity (although the pics are just online anyway).
    F1A37050-6D69-4D0E-852A-6AA52805EA88.jpeg
    8146ED50-BAA4-43AC-ACBA-8F19B5BF08F6.jpeg

15. marty21

marty21 One on one? You're crazy.

I have had dealings with the local authority gang unit . We had to move a family because the teenage son got involved with and fell out with a gang . There was a lot of discussion about where in the borough we could place them , and the gang unit had what seemed to me , excellent information about gang areas , what gangs got on , what didn't. Whether your affiliation with a particular gang would go down well or not with other gangs . The most knowledgeable person at the meeting was a well spoken woman in her 30s which seemed bizarre to me and slightly comical .

16. ffsear

ffsear Well-Known Member

Looks relatively innocent to me. Just kids being kids

Edie likes this.
  17. Edie

Edie Well-Known Member

I know literally nothing. Are hand signs a thing? I honestly thought that was American stuff. Is this kids just messing about? I’m fucking stressing out cos it’s summer holidays, I’ll be working 10 hours a day and my son will be left to his own devices. I don’t want devices to include gangs.

18. Edie

Edie Well-Known Member

I know right. I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t comment gang gang if yknow it was actually a gang?

19. spanglechick

It does look like a gang sign, you could check with the school's police liaison or similar. It might be for show, but might not so it's worth noticing.

I'd want to know where the balaclava has come from and why.

If he's attracted to the idea of gangs, a quick reality check about the exploitative nature of how "youngers" are treated, (all the risks of police and violence, comparatively very little of the reward); and how youngers are kept in line if they try to leave (violence against families) - together with an unvarnished rundown of gang activities (google "county lines"; systematic gang rape to coerce and punish young girls; cuckooing (which you know about)... it's hard to glamourise gangs if you're well informed.

trashpony likes this.
  20. Edie

Edie Well-Known Member

spanglechick i guess I’m now worrying that this bollocks we’ve been having against us (the window shot by the air gun, the tyres etc) is actually gang related? Or is that just paranoid af?

21. Edie

Edie Well-Known Member

Neither of those kiddies goes to my sons school both have been permanently excluded for fighting so I’m not sure school will be that helpful. Plus my son would kill me.

22. spanglechick

One of our students had to finish the term early due to a very credible threat that he was going to be stabbed by a rival gang member. Sweet-seeming lad, 15, bit lazy but never really in trouble at school... apparently he and a mate (who is in a gang) stole this rival gang member's car and crashed it. They know his school and where he lives. It's scary.

23. spanglechick

I meant more in terms of that would be a police officer who would know the local gangs and gang signs.

twentythreedom and Edie like this.
  24. spanglechick

The cuckooing of the special needs person's flat that started it all off, that's definitely a gang at work.

25. Edie

Edie Well-Known Member

I’m reassuring myself that this in Leeds not London. I don’t honestly think Leeds has a gang problem? LynnDoyleCooper has kid similar age in adjacent neighbourhood?

26. Edie

Edie Well-Known Member

It’s hard to know the extent to which that was just kids hanging out and how much was organised dealing though. The older men in cars worry me as that’s not ‘just kids’.

Edit to remove race reference so I don’t appear a massive racist

27. Edie

Edie Well-Known Member

I know him quite well ( :rolleyes: ) and I’m about to go to Asda next to school so will look out for him for ‘informal chat’.

spanglechick likes this.
  28. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Pretty sure I got a balaclava to play at being hard at around your sons age but different times and not the same sort of gang problem (our gangs still built tree houses).

29. Red Cat

Red Cat Well-Known Member

Some of the children I work with have FAS. One of my supervisors believes that a very high proportion of people in prison are likely to do so.

30. spanglechick

So, Leeds is one of the focal areas for the "Ending Gang and Youth Violence" initiative. Of course it's more serious in London, but the County Lines phenomenon is making the gangs in regional cities much more serious as they are falling into the structure and m.o. of the London gangs.

trabuquera, Miss-Shelf and Rutita1 like this.