Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Preston Bus Station: Keep it or Destroy it?

mlwer30

• Total voters

agricola

a genuine importer of owls
Dismantle it, then erect it as a tomb housing the mortal remains of Sir Richard Rogers. Then blow it up.

pogofish

Testicle Hairstyle
Preston Bus station has been the source of so many good posts on Urban that it needs to be preserved for that reason alone! :D

Greebo

'scuse me, Mrs May, can I have my country back?
R.I.P.
There's dozens of you. I know who Firky is and that's about it.
Colour me surprised - VP is only one of the more frequent posters. To the extent that I've been asked when people will get to see him.

Kippa

I quite like Preston bus station. As for Blackpool bus station that is currently being revamped, there is going to be a huge new shopping centre next to it.

Firky

The first of the gang
Banned
Colour me surprised - VP is only one of the more frequent posters. To the extent that I've been asked when people will get to see him.

He thinks he knows me. Bless. :D

Actually, that's bad :(

How much does he know?

Where is he?

Favelado

Half to the Tower, please.
I quite like Preston bus station. As for Blackpool bus station that is currently being revamped, there is going to be a huge new shopping centre next to it.
They sacrificed The Tache for it. Is that really progress?

Firky

The first of the gang
Banned
I can't remember the last time I was in Blackpool. I only remember getting drunk there.

SpookyFrank

Self-cleaning oven, the whole bit.
Preston bus station is the only interesting thing in Preston. Tear it down and even the residents of Preston might struggle to remember a single thing about the place.

Firky

The first of the gang
Banned
Preston bus station is the only interesting thing in Preston. Tear it down and even the residents of Preston might struggle to remember a single thing about the place.
GTFO, Frank.

There's the purple pub that used to be orange and then purple, was orange and is now orange again after being orange but is remembered for being purple before it was orange.

Frances Lengel

Atrophied Member
Banned
Same could be said of Ash Valley flats in Rochdale

C_71_article_515349_body_articleblock_3_bodyimage.jpg

Once those bad boys were lost, something indefinable was gone from the town forever & IMO the place has been on a constant decline eversince.

Built employing the Swedish "Skarne" method & almost identical to the Killingworth Garths in case anyone's interested.

Fez909

toilet expert
There's a lovely building on the outskirts of Preston which used to be a mental hospital. I went to do some exploring because I knew it was abandoned, and on the way, I got to experience the wonder of the bus station. It really is massive, init?

The mental hospital was nice, but I didn't realise they'd built a brand new one next door and there was security guards everywhere...all that way and couldn't even get in to have a look :mad::(

Frances Lengel

Atrophied Member
Banned
images.jpeg

Here's an estate in Harpurhey - When these places went, our hope went with them. Whether we knew it at the time or not.

Now this has strayed a long way from Preston. But could that ever be a bad thing?

Attachments