Pre-season questionnaire for all fans here

Discussion in 'football' started by S☼I, Aug 8, 2019.

1. S☼I

S☼I there must be something wrong, boys

Inspired by those pre-season club-by-club thingies. Copy and paste the questions. Doesn't matter if someone who supports your team has done it. All opinions welcome and awaited with interest.

My team:
    This season will be different to last because:
    Our most important player is:
    Our most underrated player is:
    The player I'd happily drive to the airport/off a cliff is:
    My opinion of the manager is:
    Young player to break through this season is:
    The rival player I secretly admire/wish played for us is:
    The one thing I'd do differently is:
    This season we'll finish:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  2. S☼I

My team: Liverpool
    This season will be different to last because: I don't think we'll get nearly as many points as last season. I also don't think Man City will either. We possibly have too many competitions; I couldn't care less about the World Club Championship.
    Our most important player is: Big Virgil Van Dijk. Until he came I always felt we needed a two goal lead or more to be sure of a win. Not anymore.
    Our most underrated player is: Jordan Henderson. If he plays RCM he's fantastic. And he's a great captain.
    The player I'd happily drive to the airport/off a cliff is: Well, with Sturridge, Mignolet and Moreno gone...Lovren. Just don't like him.
    My opinion of the manager is: I love him. Perfect for the club, a winner, a lovely and funny guy, improves players.
    Young player to break through this season is: Hoping to see Rhiann Brewster get game time. He's a goalscorer, the sort of fox in the box type we don't really have.
    The rival player I secretly admire/wish played for us is: Sterling. I'll admit he proved me wrong. Not only is he improving year on year he also seems to be becoming a good man.
    The one thing I'd do differently is: I'd be pulling out all the stops to get another striker, maybe even an over 30 player who won't mind being rotated but will be good when they play. Our front three looked tired a few times last season and I'm not convinced of any of the backup strikers' ability yet.
    This season we'll finish: Heart says Champions. Head says 2nd, narrowly. But we'll win the Champs League again ;)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  3. Proper Tidy

Proper Tidy Arsed

This season will be exactly the same as last. Shit football, a few months of a lonely tortured sort of hope as we continually lose against even shitter teams but somehow remain near the top, then crushing disappointment. This is it now.

4. Pickman's model

Pickman's model every man and every woman is a star

I'd rather hope every team finishes the season. Except spurs and rangers.

Badgers likes this.
  5. S☼I

Who are you talking about?

Badgers likes this.
  6. S☼I

Why isn't anyone bothering with the questions?

steveo87, Badgers and Pickman's model like this.
  7. Pickman's model

Pickman's model every man and every woman is a star

I've earmarked an hour of my working day tomorrow to complete your questionnaire :thumbs:

8. Proper Tidy

Proper Tidy Arsed

Wrexham. I can't be arsed having opinions on our players or other players or the manager any more, it's undignified

imposs1904, ignatious, S☼I and 2 others like this.
  9. ignatious

ignatious Well-Known Member

My team: Liverpool

This season will be different to last because: we’ll do better against the top 6

Our most important player is: For going up another level it’s Naby Keita.

Our most underrated player is: Fabinho.

The player I'd drive to the airport is: Lovren. That header against Dortmund does at least mean it would be a peaceable exit.

My opinion of the manager is: he gets it.

Young player to break through this season is: I don’t see anyone grabbing a starting place but a few will contribute. Ki-Jana Hoever

The rival player I secretly admire/wish played for us is: Bernardo Silva

The one thing I'd do differently is: win the league

This season we'll finish: 1st

Badgers and S☼I like this.
  10. steveo87

steveo87 Procrastinating for....a while

My team: Liverpool.
    This season will be different to last because: Not as many points scored, by anyone.
    Our most important player is: Firmino
    Our most underrated player is: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
    The player I'd happily drive to the airport/off a cliff is: Lovren.
    My opinion of the manager is: Fucking amazing.
    Young player to break through this season is: Brewster.
    The rival player I secretly admire/wish played for us is: Sterling....
    The one thing I'd do differently is: Spend more.
    This season we'll finish: 2nd.

Badgers and S☼I like this.
  11. strung out

strung out (",)

Thread posted too late for the pre season of most clubs :(

JimW and Badgers like this.
  12. S☼I

But it's a pre-season thread, not a pre-pre-season thread. Not a ball's been kicked in anger yet.

Badgers likes this.
  13. strung out

strung out (",)

We kicked off last weekend!

belboid, S☼I and Maltin like this.
  14. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Us too, typical premier league solipsism :mad:

Anyway, FGR and hopefully another tilt at the play-offs. Very open division this term though and we've young players who may or may not click.

S☼I likes this.
  15. Cerberus

Cerberus Uptown top wankin

Team: Tottenham
    Season different to last: (hopefully) Spurs and the rest don’t let City/Pool run away with it again
    Most important player: Harry Kane
    Most underrated : Harry Winks (tempted to have him as most important too - emerging as the heartbeat of the team)
    Drive to the airport: Victor Wanyama - nothing against him per se just that I’d probably be driving him in an ambulance, he’s that fucked. Poor sod
    Thoughts on manager: really like him. Understands the club and we haven’t had a manager like him for a long time. Though everyone has their foibles...
    One thing I’d do differently: Win the CL this time!!! Still haven’t really got over it....add depth to the squad to avoid a repeat of last year (13 league defeats) with players running on empty
    Player I’d love to have: VVD
    This season we’ll finish: top 4

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    S☼I likes this.
  16. chilango

chilango Neither Westminster nor Brussels....

My team: Manchester United

Our most important player is: Harry Maguire

Our most underrated player is: Lindelof

The player I'd happily drive to the airport/off a cliff is: Alexis Sanchez

My opinion of the manager is: It's Ole. He's a fucking legend. Trying to the right thing in impossible circumstances.

Young player to break through this season is: Mason Greenwood

The rival player I secretly admire/wish played for us is: Bernardo Silva

The one thing I'd do differently is: Gazers Out!

This season we'll finish: 6th

S☼I likes this.
  17. Zapp Brannigan

Zapp Brannigan Built like a steakhouse, handles like a bistro

My team:
    Tottenham

We've added some good players - the core group is now at 19-20 players rather than 16-17

Our most important player is:
    Harry Kane

Our most underrated player is:
    Harry Winks

The player I'd happily drive to the airport/off a cliff is:
    Serge Aurier. Good player when he's on it, but always liable to do something daft &/or get sent off

My opinion of the manager is:
    Love him to bits. Important season for him personally; we've had a similar team/squad for a few years, this feels like his team V2.0 taking shape. The thing that made Ferguson so very special was his ability to recognise the end of a 'cycle' within his squad and generate the next version, get his 2.0 right and Poch starts to look like leading an entire era at Spurs in the same way.

Troy Parrott. Only 17 so he won't play much, but with Llorente released and no striker brought in he might find his way onto the bench for the odd cup game. By the end of the season I'd expect a bit of an impact, he looked extremely good in pre-season and comes with a bit of a reputation from youth football.

The rival player I secretly admire/wish played for us is:
    Trent Alexander-Arnold

The one thing I'd do differently is:
    Like when we had Edgar Davids all those years back, get someone in the squad with a string of medals. Someone to help us over the line and win the first trophy of this era.

This season we'll finish:
    3rd, but closer to the top 2 and leaving the next 3 behind.

18. imposs1904

imposs1904 Thread Killa'

My team: Celtic
    This season will be different to last because: We won't win the treble . . . but we will score more goals.
    Our most important player is: Ryan Christie
    Our most underrated player is: Jonny Hayes (An excellent utility player who we will need this year.)
    The player I'd happily drive to the airport/off a cliff is: Scott Sinclair (I know he can do the business but he is such a frustrating player to watch.)
    My opinion of the manager is: Big fan of Neil Lennon even before he came back. Gets a lot of undeserved shit flung at him and yet he's still standing.
    Young player to break through this season is: Too soon for Dembele. (Needs a growth spurt.) Mikey Johnston has already kind of broken through but I think he might firmly establish himself in the first 11 this season.
    The rival player I secretly admire/wish played for us is: I never thought Scott Allan got a proper chance at Celtic. He will do well at Hibs.
    The one thing I'd do differently is: Get someone in to design a decent kit. Also, fuck off sponsor's names from the jerseys. (Yes, I am that old.)
    This season we'll finish: Champions

19. Maggot

Maggot The Cake of Liberty

The season is well underway, but I'm bored.

My team: Crystal Palace
    This season will be different to last because: We'll have some luck
    Our most important player is: Wiflried Zaha
    Our most underrated player is: Kelly
    The player I'd happily drive to the airport/off a cliff is: Benteke
    My opinion of the manager is: Doing a great job, just needs to make substitutions earlier if it's not working
    Young player to break through this season is: Don't know
    The rival player I secretly admire/wish played for us is: Mo Salah
    The one thing I'd do differently is: Buy a striker
    This season we'll finish: Before the season I would have said 14, now 8 or 9.

20. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

Sorry it's late, I thought I had already done this...

My team: Chelsea
    Transfer ban and a management team that appreciate our academy successes
    Our most important player is: N Kante
    Our most underrated player is: Pedro.
    The player I'd happily drive to the airport/off a cliff is: Barkley
    My opinion of the manager is: Legend. A gentleman who will manage England one day and actually win a tournament
    Where do I start...
    Hudson Odoi
    Mount
    Tomori
    Tammy Abraham
    Loftus Cheek
    Reece James
    Billy Gilmour
    The rival player I secretly admire/wish played for us is: Divock Origi. Reminds me of Drogba but so does Tammy.
    The one thing I'd do differently is: Reduce admission prices massively
    This season we'll finish: Top four. We will get stronger as the season goes on and have been doing quite good despite a lot of injuries.

Badgers likes this.