1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pre-Season Friendlies Summer 2017

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by YTC, May 26, 2017.

1. Splish

Splish Member

Bollocks, only just realised Lewes away is the same day as the Country Show. Have already agreed to be at that. Love a day out at Lewes.

2. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Why not just go to Brockwell Park on the sunday?

Pink Panther likes this.
  3. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Nice list of friendlies, when are the actual fixtures released? It would be good to have a home game on Non-league day for once too

4. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Think I read somewhere that National League fixtures are released on the 5th July ish. So we might be around then too. Or not...

5. Dulwich Mishi

It would be after that, the fixtures are announced, downwards, step by step.

scousedom likes this.
  6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Because it's a two day event with different bands and attractions.

clog likes this.
  7. Dulwich Mishi

Never heard of compromise? Maybe one day at one and one at the other? To be honest I thought most people went for the same thing on both days...the Chucklehead cider! ;)

the 12th man and jnrknight like this.
  8. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Last season's fixtures were released on Friday 15 July. (National League were released on Wednesday 6 July.) So Friday 14 July looks like the most likely date. Certainly won't be more than a day or two earlier than that.

Jimbob73 likes this.
  9. jnrknight

jnrknight James Knight

I cannot deny that this is the main motivating factor in my attendance!

the 12th man likes this.
  10. Dulwich Mishi

11. Jimbob73

Are we playing Hampton & Richmond on Friday now as well? It's come up on my google calendar.
    3 games in 4 days seems a bit much!

12. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

Yes, it's called pre season and need to see players in matches. Likely that team at Cray Valley PM will be mainly players on trial and looking to sign. As a result I won't know the answer to "who is number 4 etc?

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  13. Pink Panther

Any particular reason why the Hampton game is on Friday, given that neither side has another game until the following Tuesday?

14. liamdhfc

Because they asked for it that day I believe

Cyclodunc and Dulwich Mishi like this.
  15. Jimbob73

sorry for asking! I think I might give up posting on this site.

16. Dulwich Mishi

Stop being so stroppy...he's simply saying he might not know a number of players on show...it can be a bit wearing a games, being asked that question for the umpteenth time.

17. liamdhfc

Just trying to give a short reply, no offence intended

Dulwich Mishi and Jimbob73 like this.
  18. Jimbob73

okey dokey first bit just just sounded I bit sarcastic, I was only checking as it wasn't on the list on Mishi's list.
    I always like seeing the latest super signing - no. 47 A. Trialist

pompeydunc likes this.
  19. Dulwich Mishi

I actually don't have a list, I just try to post when I can. Pre-season fixtures are notorious for changing at short notice.

20. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

How much is admission for the upcoming friendly matches? Frustratingly there's nothing on the club website and I want to give the games a push on Buzz.

21. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

OK, after some considerable time trawling around the official site I've learned that the price for the Crawley friendly is a whopping £11. This price REALLY should be displayed in the fixtures.

£11. For a friendly? That is steep. Right, let's see if I can find the Hampton price....

22. YTC

YTC Human Man

Crawley is indeed £11, Hampton and Richmond has been reduced to £5. Palace and Brentford will also be £11. Prices set by the owners, but liamdhfc has been fighting hard to reduce as much as possible, hence the £5 H&R game. All games are £5 for Season Ticket Holders.

the 12th man likes this.
  23. Jimbob73

I'd love to come tonight but there is no way I can justify £11 for a friendly against Crawley (no offence, well maybe some) :-(
    Hampton & Richmond it is then.

24. Jimbob73

And it's much appreciated. I was just checking that the Friday game wasn't a mistake/misprint as it seemed a bit odd on a Friday night when we were playing Tuesday and Thursday and nothing Saturday. Just glad to have some football back. There is only so much Tennis and Cricket a man can take!!

25. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

26. Lee Farmie

Lee Farmie Radius Regular

It may have escaped everyone's notice that Hamlet now have a friendly on Tuesday 1st August at Whyteleafe slotted in a day before a trip to Aveley. Personally I'd go to both.

27. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Hurry up and get promoted.

Lino Ian for manager.

28. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Graveyard anyone?

29. Pink Panther

Great. Nice local trip and the Radius Arms for a pint or three. Wouldn't bother with Aveley if it wasn't a new ground.

pompeydunc likes this.