Question Power Amp...

Discussion in 'computers, web and general tech' started by craigxcraig, Oct 8, 2018.

1. craigxcraig

craigxcraig Prefers 'cxc'

I've recently updated my amplifier and purchased a refurbished Audiolab 8000a, this is my second one, theyre old but I absolutley love the sound that comes out of them!

Whilst browsing ebay, I came across the 8000sx Power Amp, got carried away and ended up buying that as well :facepalm: im now wondering, do I really need this power amp - my amp (8000a) goes into some floor standing speakers which are 6ohms and to be honest, sound amazing.

Im all confused and could do with some advice - im thinking I might sell the 8000sx - do I really need it? I could then use the money to put towards a streamer....

Help!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  2. BassJunkie

BassJunkie devotees straight on

:confused: need? Much like bicycles, I subscribe to the belief that the correct number of amplifiers is n+1. I'm not suggesting for one moment this is rational. I've found myself coveting mono block amplifiers but need to save up for that.

craigxcraig likes this.
  3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

You don't need the extra amp but if you can actually hear the difference and it brings you pleasure, well, life's too short.... :D

craigxcraig likes this.
  4. craigxcraig

craigxcraig Prefers 'cxc'

Just got too trigger happy on the bay - that and reading the sales wording, think i'm going to get rid!

editor likes this.