Pop Brixton (formerly Grow Brixton) Pope's Road development

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

I have been straightforward and clear. Asked a straightforward question and you are trying to make something of it that isn't there.

2. editor

editor Forked with electrons

This thread does a rather good job of revealing who actually wants to talk about important Brixton matters and who is more interested in dragging it down into petty personal rubbish, making no on-topic posts over several pages. If it continues, the 'ban from thread' option will be employed. If anyone wants to discuss this policy, kindly take it to the feedback forum as any further disruption in this thread will not be tolerated, and off-topic posts removed.

equationgirl and blameless77 like this.
  3. SpamMisery

SpamMisery Pretty comfortable here right under your skin

Near Mint Record Fair 15th December

1200-1600

[​IMG]

A day of records, DJ's, music food and drinks. A mixture of dealers, labels, indies for all types of collectors to indulge.

A little more than the standard fair, with live streaming and DJ’s playing all genres all day with an after-party set to roll until midnight.

4. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Bound to be loads of over-priced vinyl for people who call records 'vinyls' and want to buy a copy of something 'classic' and 'ironic' and cool

[​IMG]

equationgirl, Smangus and editor like this.
  5. SpamMisery

I like that you don't like people calling them vinyl

6. Nanker Phelge

I was certain you would.

Gramsci and editor like this.
  7. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

No different from any other kind of collector/ collectible items really, from stamps to books to paintings/ art. Each to their own AFAIAC.

8. SpamMisery

So wonderfully trivial. Classic DJ

9. Nanker Phelge

Meaning?

Gramsci likes this.
  10. Nanker Phelge

What is no different?

11. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Collectible records and the people who buy them, from any other type of collectors. I might not think much of stamps for instance, but other people do and their hobby is as valid in my eyes as someone who collects art or books for instance. Records don’t swing me either, but if someone is excited by an early pressing of one of their favourite artists’ albums, I can’t blame them or judge them for paying a premium price to own one.

alcopop likes this.
  12. Nanker Phelge

You sound like you don't know what you are talking about. I've collected records for 40 years.

What is your point?

editor and Gramsci like this.
  13. discobastard

discobastard Well-Known Member

If you can’t comment on posting etiquette relevant to a particular thread, or even support a poster’s point of view without being criticised in that thread then that feels like the thread is being micro-managed such that discussion and debate is no longer allowed.

Happy not to take part in this thread anymore.

SpamMisery, teuchter, T & P and 2 others like this.
  14. editor

That's great because all you're doing is transparently pursuing the same bloody boring and disruptive personal agenda you smear over so many other threads, and trashing any hope of a decent debate in the process.

15. alcopop

alcopop Banned Banned

They have free tai chi every Monday!

Surely that’s a good thing?

16. SpamMisery

I'd rather it was free chai tea

BristolEcho, trabuquera and alcopop like this.
  17. editor

Coming up in Pop Brixton: that Human-focussed digital platform to help "those most left behind by society and the property market"

18. editor

Seeing as no one thinks this is of interest, I'll post up some FB comments from locals:

Gramsci, equationgirl and twistedAM like this.
  19. equationgirl

equationgirl Respect my existence or expect my resistance

I Think that firsthomecoach have spectacularly misunderstood why people can't buy their first home.

20. editor

The fucking deluded PR-spinning twats think they're actually helping "those most left behind by society." Perhaps they'll being their brochures along to the food bank and to the homeless and tell them all how to get on the property ladder.

Gramsci likes this.
  21. equationgirl

Along with £500k per person as the deposit and a well paying job so they can pay the mortgage? It's missed so many factors as to why people don't buy. Not to mention those dictating why they can't buy.

It's like those news articles where people say they saved a ridiculous amount of money in an unfeasibly short period of time, and it turns out they were living with mummy and daddy and had no rent or bills to pay.

Gramsci, Hoss and editor like this.
  22. editor

And yet the "community" minded Pop Brixton invite them in to peddle their fantasy bollocks.

23. Hoss

Hoss ...It was the blurst of times...

I've just seen their checklist of things 'all in one place's. Savings is the first item. Even as someone who is, relatively 'ok' it's really fucking hard to save up for a deposit. I can't see how this checklist is going to help people 'left behind'. It's absolute bollocks.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Gramsci, editor and equationgirl like this.
  24. equationgirl

I really don't get how these first home coach people can believe in what they are doing. I get that it might help some of the Made in Chelsea crowd who have a spare half-mil tucked away, but not most people.

25. equationgirl

Exactly. If people were paid a decent wage so they could afford savings, that would be one thing. And as you save for the deposit, the housing market continues to rise.

editor likes this.
  26. editor

No wonder they chose to host it in Pop Brixton.

equationgirl likes this.
  27. equationgirl

Being disingenuous might be what they have in common, after all.

editor likes this.
  28. editor

So I said to their PR agency:

And they replied:
    Note: "seeking to work...".

29. equationgirl

Creating a feedback loop? What bollocks.

editor likes this.
  30. editor

Gramsci likes this.